Acer Aspire TC-895 unlock hidden menu

@Black-Xstar - Sorry to hear it! If you cannot find the backup chip on the board, then yes, programmer may not matter. Show me image of both sides of the board
Are you sure you do not have secure boot enabled, or a BIOS password set? If not, then yes, there must be some kind of auto recovery going on here, and for that there would need to be a secondary chip with a backup BIOS on it.
!! Try this !! Remove the hard drive, and test making those changes again and see if they stick or not. This is to check to be sure there is not a hidden BIOS image stored on the hard drive.
If the settings then remain without hard drive, but get reset after you put the drive back, then we know the backup is there, then we can find and remove!

@Lost_N_BIOS Some mother pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

mcix.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

@Black-Xstar - Please put all those in a max compressed zip, I’m on limited internet, thanks
Also, please boot to RU and show me all the variable GUID’s you can see, looking to see if you see “SystemAccess”
I don’t see it dumped in your BIOS dump NVRAM, but it should be there, possibly due to your current user access level it’s hidden from the OS access, and this may be why we’re at a stand still here for now.
With programmer, we can do it all directly, and change this too. But, hopefully you can see this in RU. If you can, go into it, and show me what you see at 0xD32, if 01, change to 00 and then reboot and see if that sticks. If it did, then retry the other variable changes and see if they then stick too.

@Lost_N_BIOS

I am sorry, I am not longer having this PC due to unexpected factors.
I am moving to Lenovo tiny series now, I hope I can have a perfect hackintosh.

The programmer is still on the way, I will keep it for the Lenovo.

I remember I saw 0xD32 = 0x01 and changed to 0x00, but again the system restored it after reboot

Thank again for all your help!

@Black-Xstar - Please explain, what happened???

@Lost_N_BIOS I realize I need save money. So I returned Acer and AMD graphics card. Then, I bought a cheap Lenovo (no graphics card) instead.

@Black-Xstar - Ohh, OK, I hear that! Well, start a thread for the Lenovo, if there is not already one here for your model. We may be able to flash in unlocked BIOS for that without programmer and all these hassles.
IF I can unlock it’s BIOS, some Insyde BIOS kick my butt

I found this thread looking up to enable the igpu with this Acer.

My hackintosh is running fine but I would like to enable it to get DRM and everything else working.

I’m a noob in the bios editing world but i will do my best. What do you need from me @Lost_N_BIOS ? :slight_smile:

@Benlehot - Do you have flash programmer like CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable? If not, order a set now, let me know if you need linked examples.

@Lost_N_BIOS no but I will buy one. Is this what we need ? https://www.amazon.ca/KeeYees-SOIC8-EEPR…00262589&sr=8-8

Edit: I tried to use RU.efi. I booted in the editor but I was not able to find the value to change. Here’s what I did

ALT + C to select UEFI Variables
Select SASetup
Tried to find the value 0x12d but I couldn’t find it.

What did I do wrong?

I’m not using the original Hard drive in the computer so I wanted to give it a test since you said it could be some sort of recovery on the hard drive.

Thank you!

@Benlehot - Yes, that is what you need, but in case you have 1.8V chip, or need for future system, might as well get a kit with 1.8V adapter also
https://www.amazon.ca/Flash-Programmer-M…/dp/B07V2H15M6/

We already confirmed RU changes do not stick, but maybe you will get lucky!?
to go to 0x12D you need to go to line 120, then out to column 0D, this = 0x12D

I think he also removed the original hard drive, so no drive at all, and tested, and it still changed back to original values,
But, maybe you will get lucky, or he was doing something wrong etc?

Perfect I ordered the kit. I should get it in the first half of October.

I can try to test the changes in RU till then.

Good, that is safest way to try and force this. Let me know how RU goes for you, thanks

@Benlehot Welcome RFDer! Good luck! Yep, post RU screenshot if you can’t find the 0x12D in SaSetup.

@Lost_N_BIOS I removed and HDD/SDD but the BIOS still reverse back. I don’t think I did wrong.

Small world! I guess we were a lot to get into this deal.

I will boot into RU later this pm or tonight and take some screenshot.

Thank you!

@Lost_N_BIOS @Black-Xstar

I was able to change the value in RU but I can confirmed the same. After reboot, the value is restore to disable.