Acer VN7-791G NVMe.

Hello,
I am new to the forum, I have an Acer Aspire VN7-791G and I am interested in upgrading your 128G sata ssd to a 500G NVMe, from what I have seen the HW modification is also required as indicated in the @bajticzek tutorial, al I thank you for that, and I ask you if you can update the links of the schematics of the VN7-591G and VN7 -971G motherboards since those that appear in the tutorial lead to the video of the previous link, my board is not exactly the same model is a Poseidon 840M 14204-1M.

motherboard_vn7-791g.png

I attach the dump of my biosreg, to ask @Lost_N_BIOS , if you can modify it to include support for nvme, indicate that this bios already has the advanced menu active, since I modified the corresponding byte of the setup in my case it was 0x258 through the Insyde EFI Shell setup_var.
I have already tried that it can rewrite the biosreg.bin, first it gave me an error for protection, but after putting it in S3 sleep for more than a minute, it already works correctly.
Greetings and thanks in advance.

Link for my biosreg : mega.nz/file/Q5JDWCSZ#ozJv0j_ZuPKXHPeiVS3BH2SV0pZVsdsqY-OWGAWRuL4

Dump_FTP.png

Hello

I attach the dump, of my biosreg, removing the advanced menu after loading the default configuration in the bios and with the Secure Boot Disable, since I have seen that it differs a lot from the previous one and not only the byte that activates the advanced menu varies.

Link: mega.nz/file/xkRRiYzC#bV4l6sKUhdq6nYV02lpVeXJ3B8EPeoCR4vCLd_HjasE

Thank you.

Hi all, first time posting in this great forum! First I would like to thank both @Lost_N_BIOS and @bajticzek for their great contribution to this topic. I own an Acer Aspire VN7-791G (V 17 Nitro - Black Edition with a GeForce GTX 960M GPU and a i7 4720HQ CPU).

I am planning to replace my current M.2 SATA SSD - Transcend MTS800 256 GB - with a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe one, following @bajticzek 's excellent tutorial in post #20 above. As a first step, I kindly ask @Lost_N_BIOS to modify my current BIOS file and enable the NVMe-relevant (Advanced tab?) settings inside it.

My current BIOS dump file is available here (Secure Boot set to Disabled and no Supervisor Password): mega(DOT)nz/file/VOpzzILI#AF0hg7_11fAn3CJvKwR6CUHwLzzpVRhDx4ueyPMXcak

I tested writing this content back to the BIOS and fortunately I was able to do it thanks to the “S3 sleep bug”. Otherwise I would get the “Error 28”, exactly like @bajticzek experienced. Screenshot of the error and subsequent successful write (“FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin” command) after putting my PC to sleep for more than 1 minute can be seen here: mega(DOT)nz/file/lPglWayI#vt6RSH6nb37OgGyv9ZJMWbdMTHEMdsvM2MOcTphETbI

I assume the yellow “PDR Region does not exist” and “GBE Region does not exist” warnings in the above screenshot will not be a critical issue?

Provided Mr. @Lost_N_BIOS would kindly find the time to modify my BIOS and I have success in writing it using FPTw, I would proceed with ordering the NVMe SSD mentioned above. My plan is to then take my PC to a friend who owns a laptop repair shop and is very good with soldering (way better than I am anyway) and once he disassembles the motherboard take note of the exact board type. If I am lucky, it would be the exact same as @bajticzek 's: Poseidon 860 3D 14243-1 and I would simply repeat his hardware modifications. If not, I would need to find the schematic/diagram of my board and compare it to the VN7-591G diagram, as to decide which capacitors/jumpers I need to add for my specific case. In any case will keep you posted and come back to share my findings.

Lost has not been here for a while…since Jan.
A great contributor and resourceful, but life goes on.
Post a request on the respective section of mod files.

EDIT: Yes, thats the right section.

Why dont u trie urself, post#20 has plenty of guidance. And the following links:

[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Keep in mind the risks evolving this operation, ur choice and do NOT ignore backup methods, This is a MUST for any mod flash.

@MeatWar , thank you for the quick reply. Since I am new here, I maybe got overwhelmed with all the forum sections. Anyway this is how I currently see the forum: mega(DOT)nz/file/5bRznarC#QY3BRVAYRiZVYzGR6JDKuHgUmPv5P6j0YrVPNrkATps

Have I understood correctly that your suggestion is for me to create a new [Request]… Thread in the "BIOS Modding » BIOS Modding Requests" section?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Yasen

Here You go , i made 1st Mod only with Intel Page for Advanced Menu, 2nd added support for NVME module too :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r0ro5x7zj…ME_Mod.rar/file

To get the Advanced / Power Menu, you have to choice the Intel Page variable under Configuration and set to 0x00 , then F10 Save and Reboot into bios.

Let me know
Regards

P.S. there is a ReadMe txt file to explain what is been done , hope all will be ok !

Hi,

I have followed all the steps including bios mod and hardware mod and i can see the drive in windows setup.

After deleting the relevant partitions etc and running the setup, the laptop reboots back into the usb to start setup again.
I have also tried unplugging the bootable usb, but then i get no bootable devices found.

Not sure what to do.