AHCI and NVMe Driver for Win7 needed

Hello, new here to the Win-Raid forum. I wanted to run Windows 7 natively on my modern hardware laptop (which is a Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ALC6) and I started it to make a windows 7 iso and installed it and i dualbooted with my current OS (Windows 11 Pro).

Anyways, I got into some hiccups and i fixed it. but there’s one problem which is that I don’t have any AHCI drivers to make it not hang into the “Starting Windows” screen, currently I have a 512 GB Intel SSD (INTEL SSDPEKNW512GZL), and I don’t know which drivers to get yet.

Anyways, here’s my AHCI hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7901&SUBSYS_79011022&REV_81

Note: I will install the drivers with NTLite due to that issue.

@ChromifyX
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Since you have started 2 threads about the same topic, I have deleted the other one, which was posted with a misleading title into a not really matching Forum Category.
Additionally I have customized the title of this thread, because you are obviously searching for an NVMe driver as well.
Now to your requests:

1. Since the Intel SSD named SSDPEKNW512GZL uses the NVMe data transfer protocol, you will need an NVMe driver for it. I recommend to integrate the related Microsoft NVMe Hotfixes for Win7 into the boot.wim and install.wim of the related Win7 Image. You can find the download link to these Hotfixes within the first post of >this< thread.
  2. The SATA AHCI Controller with the HardwareIDs VEN_1022&DEV_7901 has been manufactured by AMD (and not by Intel as you posted within your other and meanwhile deleted thread). So you will need to integrate a WHQL certified AMD AHCI driver version, which supports Windows 7 (e.g. v1.2.001.0402). Since you haven’t mentioned the architecture (32bit or 64bit) of your desired Win7 Image, I have attached them both.
    32bit AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.402 WHQL for Win7.rar (137.6 KB)
    64bit AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.402 WHQL for Win7.rar (143.5 KB)

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

Thank you so so so much for this driver, it made my Windows 7 boot normally now! :two_hearts: