Alienware Aurora ALX R1 Bricked

Never delete, only replace/rewrite. The first one seems insignificant, leave the zeroes. At the second one, I would keep the data. You can test by re-flashing the modified BIOS.

Ok perfect, I have my file ready. But I don’t understand how to flash the bios. I have a USB key with FreeDOS and apparently I have an American Megatrends BIOS, I can’t find the program that would allow me to flash it. The only ones I have found ask me for a .ROM file when I have a .bin. I must have missed something somewhere… Sorry if my question is stupid, I’m a bit lost.

You can use AMI AFU for AMI BIOS 8 (which is what you have). The DOS version is called AFUDOS for example. You can check the parameters from the instructions AMI provides as I don’t know them.

Thanks for the information, I was able to move forward !
I can now make a backup of my BIOS, flash the bios with this backup or with the original A11 but as soon as I try to flash with a modified BIOS I get an error: “ERROR Checksum BIOS : bad”.
I tried to flash by modifying the backup of my current bios, by modifying the original A11, by modifying just the service tag, by changing just one character… Still the same error. I don’t understand how to pass it.
Searching I didn’t find anything that could help me. If you have an idea that would be cool.
Sorry to take so much of your time.

There must be some sort of checksum somewhere. You can use AMI MMTool v3 to mod the BIOS which is not free but some links can be found online by searching creatively (i.e. MMTool 3.26 GMA). The simplest thing (if it works) would be to simply load your modded BIOS and then re-export/save it, which might fix the checksum automatically. Otherwise, you’ll have to find which module holds that info you want to replace, extract it, mod it, insert it back and export/save the modded final BIOS.

So, I bricked the card again haha… I give up, thanks anyway, I learned a lot ! :slight_smile: