An error occurred when fit open full spi.bin error initializing the existing MFS image

the fit verision is right for the .bin,but the error occurred:
Failed to perform decomposition,error initializing the existing MFS image

how can i fix the problem to open the .bin and modify it

I have same situation, do you manage the problem ?
Lenovo T440P FIT 9.0.22.1467

Link to BIOS, and please explain the situation/error or what you are trying to do more @Pityu

Also @jason05 ^^ tagged you for Pityu

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS ,
Try to clear ME
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/3a0ae20…17084522/3cbbc0

@Pityu - that did not help me at all. Please explain in detail what you are trying to do, and what error/problem you are having and when/where you see this error.
I do not understand clear ME, what does that mean? Do you mean Fix ME, Clean ME, Clean and update ME, Disable ME (If yes, how, there is a few ways)?

@Lost_N_BIOS - When I Import the BIOS file in Flash Image Tool 9.0.22.1467 I get the error: Failed to perform decomposition,error initializing the existing MFS image.
My intention is to make clean ME… The laptop turn off after 30 seconds… I hope resolve the problem with Clean ME Region.

Yes, sorry @Pityu - I saw that just now and was coming to update my post sorry about missing what you meant before, I’ve never seen the error so I didn’t know what it was coming from.
Let me look around and see if I can find the cause or solution to this, if not we’ll have to ask plutomaniac to advise.

* Edit @Pityu - here, use this random dump from here https://www.laboneinside.com/lenovo-thinkpad-t440p-bios-bin/ >>> Files are here >>> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0…cUZROGM5QXE3WWs
Download both of those files, open both in hex editor and copy the 4MB and past at end of 8MB then save. Do the same for both your BIOS files too
Then open this random dump compiled BIOS in UEFITool and extract it’s ME, then open your compile BIOS in UEIFTool and replace the ME from your BIOS with the extracted ME from the other BIOS, then save your new BIOS and update/clean ME, then split again once done into 4MB/8MB BIOS

Thank you @Lost_N_BIOS !
I will do exactly as you said.

I don’t understand something. The Lenovo have different ME firmware? Why this one have 4.98MB ? It have different size than is in ME Firmware Repository.
I will edit soon to tell you if I resolve the 30s power on problem.

You’re welcome! Size of ME in BIOS does not matter, and some versions might have different sizes, you will update and re-apply all stock settings to the ME FW anyway using base stock ME FW file (And it’s size will change too once you do that).

Be sure to issue >> FPTw.exe -greset
Or, completely remove all power/battery ect for 1+ minute after you redo the ME

Hello,
as @Lost_N_BIOS is no longer active I hope someone else is picking this up.
Not sure if I have to pick this old thread up or open a new one!?
Also want to clean ME, but have a EliteBook 1020 G1.
I have saved the hole Bios chip with a CH341A, but when I try to open it with fitc v10 i get the same error for MFS like @Pityu and jason05.
I also have a dump from another G1 but not sure what where to copy.
Atm I m not allowed to upload files.

Best regards

@michnixweiss

Follow the guide

Files can be linked here, from a sharing service provider @ your own choice.

EDIT: If you have dump of ME_region only or extracted with UEFItool, try to work with it instead of the whole SPI image, then merged back.
Further analysis, the user should provide more info and files (Your original files, not corrupted web dumos), wait for other users.

EDIT: Sorry but your SPI or extracted region (FW 10.0.37.1000) doesn’t open in FIT, it works fine with other dumps here, but not yours.
Try this ME_region, must be initialized accord the guide.
Region_ME_region_dump_extracted_10.0.37.1000.rar (2.9 MB)

Oh by the way… JFYI, i almost sure that this isn’t the original dump from the machine, it sure is from a Folio 1020 G1, that’s why no surprise in no answers from BADCAPS, you’re done here.

Hy @MeatWar

I tried to follow the guide, but stuck at D3 point 5 where error init MFS occured.

@MeatWar
How to merge when I cannot open the bin with fitc?
Here is the bios dump.

Hi @MeatWar,
thanks for the replay/edit of your post.

I know that the dump does not open in fit. But i am not able to flash only me, the only working way is to dump/flash hole spi via CH341A and i cannot find a way to merge your me or any other to my dump.

To the sidekick of badcaps:
AGAIN, i dont know what i have done to be mistreated.
I got this EliteBook from some who tried to solve bios issues and finaly gave up - without any serial or similar in bios.
So i tried my luck.
I am and was always truthful with everything i posted. Maybe a little bit clueless - my other bios flash experiences where way less complicated - but never dishonest.
I do not know which point makes you almost sure it is not the original dump, admitted i cannot guarantee it is the ORIGINAL one, cause i did not buy it brand new. BUT it is MY original one!

I am very sad that neither you nor someone at BADCAPS is willing to help or leastwise talk to me! You see what ever you have seen in my dump and jump to conclusion.

I thank you for your hint why i get no answers, but in all honesty the people from hp support - who helped me getting the missing numbers for the empty bios - where much more helpful.

Its correct, its their task to check the legitim of the HP product, from that point, they could resolve your issue.
There’s a few users here and other forums, that do not concur in giving their contribution to tampered products regarding users who want to change SN, UUID, MACS etc
This is not saying that all users are suspicious but in a forum doesn’t se e user faces so the best option is not to feed/contribute the situation, so its mainly forum/user choice.
My opinion only and not reflecting the forum/other users choice.

All the best and good luck.

This bios- region has probably been updated with in improperly modded bios region- have a look at the two compressed sections which open fine in stock bios region, but don’t in your dump. You have to repair that before working on the ME!

I you can’t open your own ME use another dump from an identical machine to get and save the config and just replace its GbE and its bios region with your own regions in the decomp folder before building an outimage.bin. The names of these two regios have to be identical, of course.

After decomposing a foreign image same the config as xml and compare it to this file (1.xml), only differences should be 4 file locations!
1.zip (12.5 KB