Any way to enable ReBAR for RTX 2080 Ti?

So @Kuri0 do you have any idea how to temporarily enable BAR0 (to access the straps bits inside) before BAR1 size is negotiated ? Enough to write code for that ?

Sorry I still do not understand how PCI bring-up works … but somehow I still want ReBAR for my RTX 2000 … (don’t laugh… :slight_smile: )

For anyone coming here from Google it’s working now see https://github.com/xCuri0/ReBarUEFI/discussions/89#discussioncomment-7677439

1 Like

So we still managed to enable ReBAR on the rtx 2000 series!!!

Bumping up this post in case anyone wants to try as well,

Yes it is indeed working

Saw this article today and was wondering if you had seen this information already?

How can I open the resizable bar when encountering the same problem? My English is very poor. I’m sorry

You have to follow the instructions of this project to enable resizable bar on Turing GPUs GitHub - terminatorul/NvStrapsReBar: Resizable BAR for Turring GTX 1600 / RTX 2000 GPUs

The mod requires a motherboard UEFI flash in order to work

1 Like

I followed suit, but the BIOS update verification prompted an error and did not proceed to the next step

Hello, yes it is expected that normal board flashing utilities reject the modified image for most cases.

There are several ways to get around this lock depending on your specific motherboard.

I suggest you take a look at this post first to get an idea on what you might need to do.

If you’re on an Intel board without USB flashback support my best advice would be flashing the BIOS via Intel FPT by following this guide

It all boils down to what’s your specific hardware but there’s always a way to bypass flashing checks