ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer BIOS

Great forum Fernando!

Spent quite some time reading posts and felt brave enought to try adding NVMe to the ASRock Z87 Killer BIOS. The goal is to RAID0 two Samsung 950 NVMe M.2>PCIe as the boot drive on this motherboard. I followed your instructions to the letter but both the uncompressed and compressed NMVe would not fit into the BIOS. This BIOS has built in RAID capability which I suspect I will need to use, so just need to add the NVMe support I guess? I have provided the MMTool report with the BIOS.

Motherboard Overview and Specifications
Motherboard HardOCP Detailed Review
Motherboard BIOS v1.70
SSD M.2 To PCIe Adapter
Samsung 950 Pro

Are you able to provide any advice? Do you think what I want to achieve is possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Kevin

@rtfmoz :
Hello Kevin,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

AFAIK you will not be able to create an Intel RAID0 array by using 2 Samsung 950 Pro SSDs, because this Intel RST feature needs the presence of an Intel 100- or 200-Series Chipset.
So I suspect, that you only have the following options with your 8-Series Chipset system:
a) use just 1 Samsung 950 Pro as bootable system drive or
b) use anyother SSD as system drive and create a Win10 Software RAID by combining both Samsung 950 Pro SSDs (the Software RAID is not bootable!).
In case of option a), there must be a suitable NVMe module within the mainboard BIOS. If there is not enough space within the BIOS for any additional module, you have to remove another one (example: the Intel EFI RAID module named "SataDriver").

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for that info. It is exactly what I needed to know. So I need to upgrade my mainboard. Probably to. Maximus VIII Hero.

rtfmoz,
I have the same ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer board you do. When you were modding your bios, were you using the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool v4.50.0.23, or a different version? I’m preparing to order a Samsung 960 Evo with a Silverstone adapter to replace a SATA 120GB SSD and want to be sure I have everything in order.

Thanks,
Ace

@acemacbeth :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
I hope, that you will get the demanded informations from our Forum member rtfmoz.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hi, can u upload your bios mod ?