Asrock h81m-vg4 r2.0 feature unlock help

Hi there, i have asrock h81m-vg4 r2.0 motherboar with ami aptio IV uefi and i was able to unlock almost all hidden features with amibcp.(i added original dump of uefi and one that i already moded) But i’m having problems with unlocking chipset tab and one sub menu without name.

chipset

There is chipset entry in bios, but it does nothing, when i changed access to user and nothing appeared, what should i do to unlock chipset tab?

also there’s sub menu under main menu, and i have no idea how to unlock it too, is there any way to do it?

Also i would like to delete secure flash from bios, this motherboard contains winbond 25q32fvaiq bios chip, is there any way to do this?
I would apreciate any help, thanks in advance

What needs to be USER under chipset its:

PCH-IO Configuration
System Agent (SA) Configuration

hi, thanks for reply, i changed settings that you mentioned to USER and nothing changed(

Consequent sub-menus may also need to be changed

Flash the original bios
What does the bios shows by default without any mods?
Attach a RAR/ZIP file with screen captures

EDIT: No, this bios needs to unlock ONLY the items in the ADVANCED, not on CHIPSET.
Ignore my previous notes.

The previous items should be seen in the Advanced when unlocked… or the individual strings when unlocked, you may try like this, one of a time or both:

If this bios stores variables in another module like AMIsetupDATA/AMITSE, then AMIBCP can’t deal with it, you can try this tool:
[TOOL] UEFI Editor - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

i can’t be much more help as i didn’t had Asrock boards and/or moded these menus, you should wait for an Asrock user.

All the best, good luck.

2 Likes

@Pidostraf
Here is a file. I enabled Chipset in addition to your edits.
Genius239 hinted me how do this long time ago.

The tool doesn’t support aptio 4 currently. I wish to add minimal support (now trying to learn how step by step).

Meatwar, I appreciate your work as the forum staff. And I like that you reply very fast. Without this, the forum would felt dead.

3 Likes

hi, thank you so much, chipset tab appeared after flashing this bios.
btw, i’m having issue with above 4g decoding, i can find it in uefitool with ctrl+f, but when i extract setup image, there’s no above 4g decoding, it will also come up in amibcp bios stings search, but i cant find setting with it. Thanks in advance, i really appreciate your work

Error says that “Above 4g decoding” can’t be found

4G decoding is nit implemeted. The string is a placeholder.
I remember someone posted a special bios with this feature for their Asrock motherbord. I will try to track the changes Asrock made.

1 Like

hi, i was able to find that asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 motherboard have 1.30b bios version which supports above 4g decoding. Can it be implemented into h81m-vg4 r2,0? this two boards just have very simillar bios, i’m asking because of that, Thanks in advance

https://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/H81%20Pro%20BTC%20R2.0/#BIOS

I thought of the following post.
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/release-resizable-bar-dxe-driver/89534/538

Versions 70 and 70G are close. But I’m not able to figure out 4g decoding. Too many differences. There were a lot of version in between 70 and 70G, which are missing obviously.

2 Likes