[Request] Asrock IMB-170 with support of LSI 1068E Card

I have Asrock IMB170 motherboard. Bios version is 1.90. AMIBIOS.
I want to use it as home NAS computer, but it’s not recognising my LSI1068e IT mode SAS controller. No LSI Bios and no devices in Windows/Linux OS. Please, suggest me some advice. How to get it work?
LSI is working with Biostar j1800MH motherboard.

I can even pay a small amount if someone does it.

BIOS

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized

Hello, welcome to the forum, can i ask if you reported and asked help to support ASR/LSI about this incompatibility, can’t say by LSI but usually ASR tends to help a bit more on this cases than other OEMs, providing non-public bios.
Good luck.

EDIT: I see… No Firmware available from LSI card? Its a very old model…
Good luck

Hi. I already wrote to support Asrock industrial.

Firmwares are available. I downloaded it from UNRAID forum

I wan’t to buy another card with 12Gb/s Support. But if my 1068e isn’t working, I think another card is same too.

Yeah, i looked it up also in UNRAID… i think you have a compatibility issue, being that SAS a very old model, now is it from the LSI side or ASR bios side…

hi everybody. I still haven’t been able to solve the problem. If someone can help, I would appreciate it. I can donate a small amount. Please help me.
ASRock support service couldn’t help.

Take out the card and inspect the PCIe contacts. Count the contacts from left (contact 1) to right. Cover contacts 5 and 6 with tape. The tape should be stable and thin, such as Tesa tape or Kapton tape. Be careful with Kapton tape, there are electrically conductive types that you should avoid. Test if it works afterward. This will block the SMBus signal.y

2 Likes

(same information in a different way)

and here the firmware. Yes LSI SAS 3081E-R is right for u card!!! Support Documents and Downloads (broadcom.com)

For some reason, this trick doesn’t work for me. There is no controller in the list of devices. I don’t understand why this is happening with me​:thinking::sob:

The Tape-Trick not working? Your LSI 1068E card is actually an LSI SAS3081E-R HBA which, like those from IBM and other manufacturers, includes RAID functionality through modified firmware. You also need to check the following points in the BIOS (if available): Is SATA AHCI mode selected? Is option ROM activated? Is PCIe disabled? What about legacy (CSM)? UEFI or BIOS mode? And is initialization done by the BIOS or the operating system? However, what I strongly suspect is that the PCIe 16x slot is only intended for graphics cards. You could use the Mini PCIe slot with an adapter (like this https://www.amazon.de/VBESTLIFE-Express16x-6-poliger-Stromkabel-Verkehrsvideokarten-default/dp/B07P4F4N7V/ref=sr_1_14?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.O9jjCNBRnty93rZwqOPeo33BezHvftOZyPdk2ZzrbOmbbVbkWSGVaOMQbpRgOBt6R4kOzKBKa1nsWZ7TxeT1DnUXDrMfI18H3itkpmXjLGaE2SVNzh1_5MZKEs8SsigDkIQrRc7BUtu49_j2ssAM6DFXejsrPKnniHNZw9tVWKerL9g5Wmez3yKQn_jgMa4f1ObvG5VcVQht8hvB9iyfMZfcNcPRbFH02aWKes_Fcq4.ILFlPBbrExMx_UzewYtcaKY00mK5I–8kfYUVNqonGs&dib_tag=se&keywords=MINI+PCIE+AUF+PCIE+ADAPTER&qid=1713948672&sr=8-14).

Check this up: https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/12353292

No, Type trick not worked with my 170 motherboard. Also tried on an old gigabit b150 motherboard, same result.
Sata AHCI activated.
There is no Option ROM.
Only UEFI available, cause there is no other options.

I think intel boot agent preventing boot from LSI rom