ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe with NVMe/PCIe Slot Problems

Hi all! Please help!
I have an Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard
SSD NVME M2 Samsung 980 PRO, via PCIE x4 adapter, bought here

Summary

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005855523845.html?spm=a2g2w.orderdetail.0.0.10c44aa6YS5iH1&sku_id=12000034588659538

Installed Intel Core i7 2700K processor - only supports PCIE 2.0
I plan to install an i7 3770K processor soon to support PCIE 3.0
I flashed the original BIOS version 2104
Then I flashed BIOS MOD 2104, from the respected Fernando, who downloaded it here

Summary

Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 500 GB on ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE 2012 won't boot - #34 by Fernando

(includes NvmExpressDxe_5 line)
The motherboard has 3 PCIE slots: 3.0 x16 (blue), 3.0 x8 (white), 2.0 x4 (black)
The Samsung 980 PRO SSD worked only in the lower 2.0 x4 slot (black), it is not detected in the upper two slots!
In the BIOS settings in the PCIe configuration, it displays the following settings:
PCIEX16_1 Link Speed – AUTO – x8 (video card installed)
PCIEX16_2 Link Speed – AUTO – x0 (SSD disk installed)
What needs to be done to make the disk work in the upper slots?
Maybe there is a newer modified version?

Edit:
I’m attaching a photo of my BIOS here:

Summary

_foto – Google Drive

@GoodLife
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
If you want to get Win10 or Win11 installed onto your NVMe SSD, you should do the following:

1. Open the start post of >this< thread and read carefully the content of the chapter “Step 4 - Installation of Win10/11 onto the NVMe SSD”.
  2. Before you start, don’t forget to remove/unplug all other HDDs and SSDs (except the NVMe one).
  3. If you shouldn’t succeed, insert the NVMe SSD adapter into another PCIe slot and retry it.

By the way - you cannot change the usability of a certain PCIe slot by a simple BIOS modification.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you very much for your answer!
There are no problems installing Win10/11 on an NVMe SSD. I installed Win11. Works great!

My problem is that the NVMe SSD drive cannot start if it is inserted into the first or second PCIE slot. The first and second PCIE slots support version 3.0 with an i7 3770K processor and, accordingly, the SSD drive operates at higher speeds than in the lower third slot, which on this motherboard only works in version 2.0, regardless of the processor.
I saw reviews from other owners on the forum that they have an SSD drive in the second slot!
I’m trying to figure out how to do this. I would really appreciate your help!

Edit:
specifically here the respected 100PIER writes: Installed the add-in card on PCIEX16_2 slot (X8 mode, Gen3 settings)

Summary

[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - #502 by 100PIER

@GoodLife
If you are able to boot off the Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD, why did you post your request into >this< thread? The title of the related thread doesn’t match your problem.
Regarding the usability of the second PCIe slot you should better get in contact to 100PIER.

Yes, you are correct for these Z77 mb series, my spare system with an Asus MVF is using NVMe in the 1rst x16 Slot, to achieve 3.0 as i do only use the 3770S iGPU and also works in all other x16 slots.
Very strange not working in 1rst x16 Slot 1 & also 2nd one, in your case… dust, isolated pcie contacts, badly seated disk or adapter…!!!

Thanks for answers. I apologize for the wrong forum topic. I ask the admin to delete messages here. I’ll try to ask the question in the right topic

@GoodLife @MeatWar

I have done it already for you.
If you should not like the chosen title, feel free to change it by editing the first post of this new thread.

Good topic title, thanks.
Unfortunately, it’s not the dust. All contacts are clean. When I insert a video card, it is detected as x16 in the first slot or x8 in the second. When I insert an SSD drive, it is only detected as x0

Im going to blame those “Fake” kind of, full length PCIe x16 eletrical connection adapters…
Should try that combination on another motherboard primary x16 slot…or another adpater. The Asus doesn’t like it or its an adapter issue, my opinion only.

I used these two types of adapters:
first
second

They are all full-size, maybe that’s the point?! I’ll try to buy an adapter not x16, but x4, I’ll write later what happens

Hello friends!
here are the results - I bought a core i3-3770K processor on Aliexpress, installed it to replace the old 2700K, and the first slot worked in PCI 3.0 mode! Hooray! My Samsung 1Tb 980 Pro SSD now works as expected!

Thank you all very much!