Can anyone help me with the Intel DB75EN bios mod

Anyone of those should do the job, but keep in mind that these cheap programmers are not for medium/long time use or as professional tool.
Besides a more expensive/professinal programmer, there’s a lot of accessories like clips, interface cables, IC adapters to buy with more quality than these cheap kits.

An example of a better clip:
SOIC Clip, 8 Pin | Pomona Electronics

I know they are not tools for professional use.
I’m learning and I don’t think my use of it will ever be professional (never say never!)
what do you mean with “these cheap programmers are not for medium/long time use”

Means they don’t last…obviously, what else could these words mean?
Usually the clip contacts and wires get broken, depends also on the handling…but its all cheap stuff, period.

EDIT: Better…a bit, regarding the programmer itself, the rest of the accessories are equal and ordinary as the CH341A kits. Still a loosy clip…

This one if you can afford it + a decent clip:
Vogueing Tool TL866II Plus - Programmatore con 10 adattatori flash ad alte prestazioni, programmatore Bios Flash Eeprom USB, oltre 15000 supporti, universale : Amazon.it: Informatica

or

TL866II Universal TL866II Eprom Programmer Plus EEPROM FLASH 8051 AVR MCU GAL PIC con 10 Adattatori : Amazon.it: Informatica

The main issue here is a good clip with firm connection to the ICs, the connection to it is very sensible and requires training and a steady hand/grip.

Thats it, the rest is getting experience, training and your money pocket.
Good luck.

Sorry I misunderstood.
What do you think I should buy between the CH431A and EZP2019?
regards

Thank you very much for the explanation, I owe you a beer! :beers:
I understand your advice but at the moment it is an excessive expense, I want to practice and learn first.
I decided to go with an EZP2023+
just one last doubt can I use EZP2023+ on linux?
Thanks!

Cant confirm that… only a user that tried the 20xx on Linux, still there’s plenty of free apps around for flashing, now do they have support for this mode? We shouldn’t expect that, but i can confirm Linux support for the CH341A device and here’s a recent project shared by a forum user, of his work here:
IMSProg - universal i2c / SPI / MicroWire linux programmer for CH341a devices - Special Topics / Other Tools (not BIOS modding related) - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

I have been looking into the EZP2019 - EZP2023 issue in Linux. I contacted the manufacturer of the programmer (http://www.yaojiedianzi.com/) asking for the source code. The manufacturer said he would think about it and did not reply again.

Today I only have a chip base file editor for these Linux programmers.
(GitHub - bigbigmdm/EZP2019-EZP2025_chip_data_editor: QT based editor chip database for EZP2019, EZP2019+, EZP2020, EZP2023, EZP2025, MinPro programmer devices.)

1 Like

@MeatWar I own a TL866II plus, but I almost never use it. It’s a fine device but the software is very restrictive when using it on a chip not desoldered. It’s either a short or a bad contact.

I like the ‘stupidity’ of a CH341, but one should know how to check the results.

Btw.: Seems the 866II plus isn’t produced any longer, replaced by T48/T56?
http://www.autoelectric.cn/en/tl866_main.html

1 Like

Thanks to all for the help.I ordered this EZP2023+ but from what I read I’m already thinking of canceling the order…
I tried to write to the seller if there are software or sources available for Linux, I hope (but not too much) for a positive response.
Now there are 3 options

• Purchase a CH341A instead of the EZP2023+ (What would be the limitations?)
  • Use the Windows VM with the supplied software (Probably the best thing to do)
  • Purchase the clip and use ESP32/RPI as a programmer (why complicate your life Jimmy?! He already is!)

waiting for your opinion, show me the ways of the force!

I found EZP2023+ USB Programmer Schematic here

ezp2023_schematic

@bigmdm Can I help you in any way to integrate this programmer?

It’s not as simple as it seems. The CH341 is not a programmable controller. Basic operating procedures in C are provided on the manufacturer’s website - https://www.wch-ic.com/.
EZP2019 - EZP2025 use the CH552/CH554 chip. It is a microcontroller of the 8052 family. It has a software program embedded in it, which is not the property of https://www.wch-ic.com/.

This is clear to me. if you don’t know the internal software of the CH552 you cannot send the commands to drive the programming.
But is it possible to rewrite the CH552 software with a custom one right? like a custom firmware?

It is very costly in terms of time and effort.

The programmer should arrive on Sunday. The first thing I want to try to do is the EZP2023+ firmware dump.

Not one… more than one and compare the various images.
Dont you write anything before this.
PSU unplugged and no CMOS battery for start as it feeds the circuit, some boards will need this or even PSU stand-by.
You need patience with the clip grip.
Good luck.

EDIT: An Hex editor, UEFI tool, WinMerge etc…

1 Like

certainly, at the moment I have the original intel bios and various dumps made with fpt.efi, flashrom and chipsec I will do others with the programmer as soon as it arrives.
Do you have any software to recommend for dump comparison?

How can I remove information from the bios to flash it on another motherboard?
for example a test secure boot key used to sign kernel module
The first thing that comes to mind is to modify the values ​​in 0xFF with a hex editor but I’m not sure if this is a good procedure

To port a program from Windows to Linux the hardest but correct way is this:
https://goatpr0n.farm/2019/11/reverse-engineering-of-a-flash-programmer-ezp2010/

@bigmdm Thanks for the tip, I’ll try to find out more when I get the programmer.

Tonight I remembered that I have some motherboards that I can use to practice. But there is always the question of how to remove the information from the bios.

The programmer arrived this morning and I performed the first dump (3 reads to be exact) on a MIB75R/MH_SG motherboard. everything seems to work correctly and I had no difficulty with the clip, I got in the first time!
I opened the files with UEFITool and they are recognized.
Now if I wanted to make some changes such as changing strings or removing RSA keys how can I proceed? can I edit the values ​​directly with HxD?

EDIT: I managed to recover my first motherboard!