Cannot update CSME 14 firmware

Hi, pls help, how do i flash firmware CSME 14.1 CON H A v14.1.65.1990. I noticed that it doesn’t contain PMC, that’s why it’s giving me an error. Does anyone have a new version FWUpdLcl Tool? I mean the version v14.1.65.1990? Thank you for answer.

No PMC…post the report from the tool: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/me-analyzer-intel-engine-firmware-analysis-tool-discussion

Here is a picture. I have a boot loop with the older firmware. For that reason, I would like the new one on the right. Thank you for answer.

If you have a boot loop then it may be a fw issue (Corrupted fw image) and ME issues will not be corrected flashing updates on it.
It may need, maybe…: [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization - #430 by lfb6
Describe your boot issue and what was done to the system, that your omitting from us…

Screenshot_
I uploaded the firmware directly from the manufacturer’s website, version 14.1.53.1649 (image 1). then I uploaded the version 14.1.65.1969 from the forum of the manufacturer of my motherboard (image 2) everything went without a problem. I turned off the computer in the evening, turned it on in the morning and found a boot loop. I will be grateful for any help.

Well…if the last flash was from ASUS/ROG forums why are you asking here for help? We dont know what flash procedures that user forum recommends and for what “Unknow bios/motherboard” you have…or if its compatible for your system board, we cant guess his update procedures, the source of files, hints/tips for the procedure etc…as i said before the FW could be corrupted and you may try to clean according the provided link. Also read the following thread (You’ll see the precautions on ME14 procedures) and post CSME ME 14.x tools package (MEInfo) reports:

[Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)](https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/intel-converged-security-management-engine-drivers-firmware-and-tools

meinfowin64 -verbose

EDIT: And again… I WARN YOU not to perform any updates in this stage, updates will not correct any fw issue/corruption, dont do more damage to the system. Also these tools are powerful and risky on unskilled users actions.

1 Like

Sorry, I had problems uploading…

So… you have a bootable OS and seems no issue into the report, by my opinion.
A bootloop issue…related to ME???..where, how, when, duration, stage, counter…
Want to update it, fine, all sources of info and guides already provided, over_n_out.
Wait for other user opinion.

EDIT: Do you at least have the decency of posting the motherboard model for users info???Fkcs…

Aptio 5.x Status Codes
0x19
Pre-memory South Bridge initialization is started :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

No…im not mad, im pissed by the lack of respect from posters that cant be honest and make a clearly statement/reproduce their issue…taking unnecessary time to helpers and confusing them, i asked 3 times for description of the boot loop, still no description at all and look how you started your post… a tool update and no PMC…, now you have a Q-Code 19…

Ok thank you I’ll wait then. The computer turns on yes, but after every start the motherboard shows Q-code 19. It started after the ME update.

Don’t be mad, this is an Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero motherboard. Q-Code 19 already started, then reset and then the system will start. But it’s annoying.

Look into the first post of this thread for how to stitch an ME update image. If there’s ME corruption the update possibly won’t start anyway.

I can’t see anything special in the MEInfo output so far- are you sure that the ME update was the last thing you did before the error messages came up?

Do you have a folder \windows\firmware? If so what’s the content and when was it created?

Try to make a backup of your firmware with fpt(w(64)) -d spi.bin or at least make a dump of your bios region with fpt(w(64)) -bios -d biosreg.bin (Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ in the first post)

I backed up according to you, I didn’t have a backup before. I am attaching a picture during the update process. I’m not sure if it could be the firmware. I’m thinking of taking the computer apart and putting it back together again to see if something collides somewhere.

Otherwise, I’m happy for any help, even if sometimes I forget to add something in advance, English is not my strong point.

As already written: You can’t update ME 14v with CSME firmware alone!

If both commands for dump / backup did work, please post / attach a zip of spi.bin otherwise a zip of biosreg.bin

Yes both commands worked. I am attaching both files. I can’t upload here, the upload jumps with an error.
Link here: BINs

Recently I have been adding a new controller PCES-SA6 PCIE CONTROLLER 6X SATA 6G Link here: PCES-SA6 PCIe controller 6x SATA 6G | Axagon Do you think this could be related? I’m not really sure if this should cause problems. It is in the third PCI-E port. I have NvME ssd in the middle port, the motherboard has a total of three M2 slots. I have a graphics card in the first port. I installed the controller to expand the disk array.

Bios region seems fine, static parts are identical to stock 2403.

Several changes made to ME Flex-IO config - all stock 2xxx and latest 10xx firmwares I checked have an identical configuration which is different to yours.

These changes don’t happen accidentally. I think it would have been decent to mention these changes when posting ME related questions.

Recently I have been adding a new controller PCES-SA6 PCIE CONTROLLER 6X SATA 6G Link here: PCES-SA6 PCIe controller 6x SATA 6G | Axagon Do you think this could be related? I’m not really sure if this should cause problems. It is in the third PCI-E port. I have NvME ssd in the middle port, the motherboard has a total of three M2 slots. I have a graphics card in the first port. I installed the controller to expand the disk array. Previously, the PCIE-E controller in another port was single-line, the new one is two-line, on one line its chip would probably not reduce energy functions.

I tried pulling the controller out of the port, turning off the computer, removing the battery, flashing the BIOS, turning on the computer (of course without the PCI-E controller) and still the same problem.

One interesting thing is that all CSMEs have Power Management Controller (PMC) and Platform Controller Hub Configuration (PCHC) set, only the version from the asus forum and station drivers (I’m talking about the version 14.1.65.1969) and yes it is identical to the one that was here does not contain these two matters. I know this because the version from the station-drivers was the only one of them that flashed like on the asus forum. The LP version according to ME Analyzer contains everything needed, I don’t understand why H A not.

FWUpdate.zip (1.8 MB)

1 Like

Thank you very much, the computer works as it should again, the problem was really in Intel ME. I am glad :slightly_smiling_face:, once again thank you very much for the working firmware file version 14.1.65.1990. Without this help from you, I would have waited who knows how long to solve the problem.