Can't flash using Flash Programming Tool v16

Hello everyone,

I know this issue has been discussed before, but I believe my situation is a bit different. I followed the guide from this link, but I haven’t attempted any hardware modifications or the more challenging steps—I’ve only tried the software-based methods.

I can successfully dump my SPI using FPT, but I can’t write it back. I tried the E6. OEM/ODM Hidden BIOS-UEFI Options from the guide mentioned above, but I encounter a “Security Violation” error when attempting to write. The re-flash variable for me is 0x4, and when I read the current state of that offset, it shows as 0x1 (which, if I’m not mistaken, means it’s already enabled).

I’ve been struggling with this for 4 days now and would really appreciate any help.

Details:

• Motherboard: ASUS PROART Z790 WIFI CREATOR
  • Processor: i9-13900KF

Thanks in advance! :pensive:

Can i ask if this is related to flash a modified bios file?
And if so, the USB BFB feature is not a solution for you here?

Yes its about flashing the modified bios like completely, flashback is not really flashing the bios completely, i think there a section that are skipped example BIOS serials

No, the system board original data is preserved, unless your messing with specific detailed areas of the bios image.
Mainly the ME FW/region is the only not touched during the flash, unless the update is instructed to do so if has lower FW version or requires it.
This is how it works using original ASUS CAP files or mods.

My question was based on the most used method to flash mods on Asus board supporting this feature, advisable here in the forum flashing guide (Asus boards Section), still valid among most of modern Asus boards/chipsets, with USB BFB feature.

What you did with the FPT tool, is the correct option, preserving an original system backup with valid system board data.

This data can be viewed/transferred in a emergency/recover, using a simple useful tool called FD44 Editor

“modified bios like completely…” user undefined goals…

Hope it helps you, good luck and enjoy the forum.

1 Like

My goal is to change its serials like mac/uuid and more but i dont know what to do or how i do it since its preserved on flash

Any help?