Can't open newest bios with mmtool and amibcp

Recently, the latest bios 1205 of ASUS B760-G can‘t be opened with the mmtool tool, " firmware volume open error" will be reported. I use the latest mmtool5.02.0025, but the previous bios 1010 will work.And the latest Amibcp can’t work too.

Expected… these are old “leaked” tools and it will happen more often on recent bioses.
MMtool 5.00.0007 opens it but as its old version it can identify the modules, AMIBCP 5.02.0034 also opens it but again it has the well know “String” limitation.

Alternative to AMIBCP:
[TOOL] UEFI Editor - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@jiangyurui Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!

Contrary to you I had no problem to open the latest BIOS v1205 for your mainboard by using any AMI AptioV MMTool or UEFITool version.
Tip: You have to choose the File type “Capsule Files (.CAP)" or "All files (.*)”.

Can you send me your MMtool?I will try later.Thank You!

@jiangyurui @Michael_Code
The Company “American Megatrends Inc.” (AMI) doesn’t offer any AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool version for the users (it is very expensive and can only be purchased by mainboard manufacturers) and doesn’t tolerate any download link to any of these tools (we have gotten already a specific warning from AMI some years ago). That is why direct links to any AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool are not allowed within this Forum.
To avoid a court dispute about this topic, I have customized the last posts (and deleted the last 2 ones).
Hoping for your understanding!
Dieter

1 Like

I understand but could you answer me which version of the MMTool do you use?

@jiangyurui
I tried to open the last BIOS 1205 for your ASUS mainboard with the following AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool versions: v4.50.0.23, v5.0.0.7, v5.1.0.12, v5.2.0.24 and v5.2.0.25. All of them were able to show the content of the BIOS, but none of them showed the internal names of the EFI modules (“DXE Drivers”).

Thank you for your help!And I will try all the versions which I have.

Sorry but i strongly disagree with this and i thinck that AMI has as much right to protect their intellectual property as myself has to protect my private property and if i buy any PC with my hard earned money and the OEM of that computer unilaterally decided to impose draconian restrictions for whatever reason in their UEFI firmware provided by AMI so i can’t change some BIOS options and the only way to bypass this is to just steal AMI proprietary software to unlock the PC that i paid full price for it then so be it because both AMI and the OEMs are guilty of taking away my right to do whatever i want with my private property and any judge in any ‘court dispute’ will understand that if actually cared about justice (AMI can’t use EULAs in their defense here) but we live in such capitalistic dystopia that most likely any judge will get bribed to always rule in favor of the corps but regardless of that justice must always prevail by any means necessary.
Feel free to delete my post to if you think the corpo overlords are gonna put you in prison for it or just hurt your feelings.

@BootGuardisEvil
Just for your information:

1. There are other BIOS modding tools, which are free of charge, available for everyone and work as fine as the AMI MMTools (e.g. the UEFITool).
  2. Even the AMI Aptio MMTools are available for everyone, who can read the Guides of this Forum.