Comet Lake - Windows 7 - Z490 - Intel Driver

I am trying to install w7 on a Intel Pentium G6400(Comet Lake) and B560 board, gigabyte B560M D3H. i know these boards are new but i couldnt get the B460 board i want. B560 xHCI - 8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_50071458&REV11

motherboard is faulty which messes up my plans, im going to have to wait till a suitable board is in stock(theres not many B560 boards about)

@Mr_Fox :
HEllo Mr. Fox (and anyone)

I am struggling to make my 10900k properly perform under windows 7 (and a Gigabyte Z590 UD AC)
I have the frquency stuck at 3700Mhz, I tried third part software but it seems that turbo boost is disabled and even the multiplier is locked!
ANy suggestion?

The worst part is that I cannot update the bios either, as soon as I try to update to F4, the system gives me blue screen for bios not acpi… What a terrible situation…

Feel like I want to go back to X99…

Hello People. Sawa that it has been 1 year since the original post/question.

Now I have a problem what other people are having to. My cpu wont go to its turbo speed or a manual set clockspeed.
It only runs at the base clock al the time. I am dual booting with win10. In win10 is doesn’t show this problem and goes to its max turbo without issue.

Currently on a Gigabyte z490 Vision G with a i9 10850K. Finaly got windows 7 installed and the drivers from fernando are installed but stil no turbo.

I am thinking of going back to my Z370 setup, because i cant run an oc on my windows 7 install at the moment

still having this issue uazzamerican?

[quote="Jurrien31, post:23, topic:35570"] Hello People. Sawa that it has been 1 year since the original post/question.

Now I have a problem what other people are having to. My cpu wont go to its turbo speed or a manual set clockspeed.
It only runs at the base clock al the time. I am dual booting with win10. In win10 is doesn't show this problem and goes to its max turbo without issue.

Currently on a Gigabyte z490 Vision G with a i9 10850K. Finaly got windows 7 installed and the drivers from fernando are installed but stil no turbo.

I am thinking of going back to my Z370 setup, because i cant run an oc on my windows 7 install at the moment [/quote]
Hey guys. Sorry for the delayed reply. I have not been online much due to illness, but things are improving.

The problem you are having seems to be specific to Gigabyte firmware. I am sorry you are experiencing the same nonsense that I did. I do not know of a solution. I RMA'd the Gigabyte Aorus Master and replaced it with something better and the issues I was having instantly vanished. It required no action on my part, everything just worked when I ditched the Gigabyte mobo. Asus Maximums XII Apex, Asus Strix Z490H and EVGA Z490 Dark all work flawlesslessy for me with none of the stupid turbo problems I experienced with the Gigabyte board. I do believe it is a Gigabyte firmware mess and not a hardware issue. I do not plan on wasting my money on anything from Gigabyte in the future.

[quote="Mr_Fox, post:11, topic:35570"] Well @Vaniii - guess what. The problem with Windows 7 Turbo Boost not working is the Gigabyte BIOS is a mess. I RMA'd the Aorus Master and replaced it with an ASUS Maximus XII Apex and guess what? No need for any third-party software. Windows 7 works exactly as expected. See screenshot.
Link to Screenshot [/quote]

Yeah thats that than. Nothing to do about then. Have started a rma request to amazon on the board aswel as the cpu. Pulled the trigger on a new z370 taichi board that just saw onlline brand new. So I am going back to z370 for now. Maybe I will try it some time later with another z490 board in a secondary system.

The other thing about z490 and win7 is that I spend days finding a solution to get win7 on the system. I ended up with my old install with some pcie usb 3.0 card with win7 drivers so I could use the keyboard en mouse on the z490 system.

But still a big project nonetheless.