CPU Microcode BIOS modding questions/problems

How not boot???not boot windows??or bios?

https://prnt.sc/1tgb9jh on this screenshot on redline i use MCU
for better perfomance always oldest is better than newer for perfom

Bios, error on POST (with code error, but I don’t remember which one) after the little difference in performance can only be seen in the benchmarks

guys from the ASUS forum, we need to stop spamming this tread (me included): It’s strictly for uCodes → let’s keep ASUS x299 discussion where it belongs… thanks. (I drifted off once before and got deleted so… :rofl:)

@tistou77 you always use old cpu microcodes?-

@panosxidis No, now I use the last microcode since this famous bios :slight_smile:

@tistou77 you know if you use always latest cpu microcode hit perfomance right?

@panosxidis very little difference (from memory) but not tested for a long time

Nop only from memory and cpu benchmarks check it more mate!!!oldest better always!!! @tistou77

From memory => that I remember

With 7000 serie, surely
But with the 10000 series, microcodes are equal, that I remember

Yeap on 7000 because he has 2-3 cpu microcodes without spectre patches :stuck_out_tongue: @tistou77

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2165741-1-1.html @tistou77

If you have the same thing with 10000 series :slight_smile:

@tistou77
so dont upgrade MEI and cpu microcode only OLDER for better perfom

Deleted. The microcode is NOT 5000 series.

Hi, I have an old AIO Asus EeePC (ET210AGT), the current cpu is an Athlon X2 250u (25w socketed, AM3), and I was wondering if it is possible to understand which cpus are supported by the bios using MCE…I have run it and got some CPUIDs (00100f63 and others, I can post the screenshot if necessary), but I can’t find any documentation by AMD which explains which cpus the CPUID refers to.
Do you think it is possible to extract some kind of cpu support list from the CPUID info?
If I am not wrong it was possible with Intel boards (I did it once when I modded a Z170 mobo to support Coffee Lake)
Thanks

This doesnt mean a board system will support them all
100F63 CPUID database (cpu-world.com)

1 Like

I get Saving secure rom as unsigned error when saving bios after inserting microcode using mmtool is flashing still gonna work?

Usually not, the OEM signature bios header becomes invalid.
For both AMI Aptio IV or V.

Extract the bios region with UEFI tool_NE, mod and append back to the original bios file with the regular UEFI tool.

EDIT: Im not here to assure nothing and im not a wizard to guess the tool version/aptio core version/old bios/new bios, learn to provide valid and usable info, when posting on forums regarding this kind od issues… users wont lose their time with it and ignore further help.
Plus… users tend to forget about the age of this “leaked” tools and expect them to work always correctly…these are tools not fully supporting current bioses or late introductions by OEMs of new data structures/code/security.

i got the saving secure rom as unsigned when modding the bios region aswell will that be fine?