[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Can anyone confirm this tool works with asus x299 bios?

If not could some point me in the right direction to update modules and roms etc?

Since the Intel X299 chipset has been released already in 2017, the UBU tool will work with the related mainboard BIOS. Nevertheless I recommend to replace within the root of the UBU package the files named drvver.exe, MCE.py and MCE.db by newer versions. You will find them by doing a “Google Search”.

Depending on your specific hardware configuration it may be useful as well to update some BIOS modules, which are located within the UBU\Files folder.

1 Like

@Michael_Code

Where is the publication? This Forum is waiting for it!

@Fernando, YESS, my dear friend Dieter! I’ll post the link in a couple of hours. Indicate in what topic. SoniX doesn’t mind. I should note that MCExtractor remains the old version for compatibility. I am updating MCE.DB.

Ok thanks.

@Fernando
YESS, my dear friend Dieter! SoniX doesn’t mind. I should note that MCExtractor remains the old version for compatibility. I am updating MCE.DB.
Yesterday I just turned 60 years old. What a puppy I am in front of you :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Sorry where do I find updated modules and stuff, sorry I’am new to this?

If there are any lol?

@Michael_Code
Dear Michael, thank you very much for your efforts to keep this beautiful tool available and up-to-date for the next years with the current and the upcoming chipset generations.
As soon as I have the required time, I will test your linked updated UBU package.

Happy birthday :tulip:- the next 20 years will pass much quicker than the past ones (according to my own experience). Enjoy them nonetheless!

@Dudette
You have to search for the needed and matching BIOS modules yourself - the latest are not automaticly the best, especially not for old mainboards! You can find many new BIOS modules within >this< Forum Category.
Good luck!

1 Like

@Fernando I`m plannig 100 yers old, :stuck_out_tongue:
Thankk You, my animals Docter!!!
I have add, my friend Dieter. You best Administratr And Pluto. And otther our friends. GitHub now rest.

@Michael_Code

Happy Birthday, you old chap… keep your spirit “young” cause time will pass anyway :beers:

1 Like

@Michael_Code
Thank you for the updated UBU tool. Interested users, who are not satisfied with the BIOS updates delivered by the mainboard manufacturers, will be very grateful.
Since I was very curious about how it will work, I just have tested your updated toolkit with the latest Beta BIOS v5.61 for my ASRock X570 Pro4 and according to the results I got you have done a very good job - congratulations! :handshake:
My advice: Start a new UBU thread and give it a short, but meaningful title.

@plutomaniac
What is your opinion?

3 Likes

Sure :+1:

2 Likes

Tried to use this thingy on an Aptio 5 (AM5 B650-E Gigabyte Aorus Master f22b bios).
mcodes seem all to up to date with f22b.
i225 (3) does not seem to get recognized correctly.
so far, so well :+1:

Poor respect for such a useful tool… :frowning_face:
i225 must be updated/replaced in UEFItool

I’m sorry. I didn’t want to be disrespectful. Happy about it

@/Maghook sorry my be my mistake?

@plutomaniac you rights We knows with @Fernando many-many times. And with You. low bow for You.

@Fernando @MeatWar @Michael_Code A new meme will undoubtedly start “Learn to _Code” :wink: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers :beers:
Hans

Tried it out on my modded Asus Zenith Extreme BIOS/UEFI.
Seemed to work without hiccup. Will flash later this evening.
Used it with Python version 3.11.8

Updated UBU worked fine, I just updated the OROM for network, otherwise very straightforward update. :partying_face: :fireworks: :sparkler:

Used the Annex method to flash & it went very smoothly.

Cheers :beers: :innocent:
Hans

1 Like

@Michael_Code

Any particular issue with the EFI Intel PRO1000 UNDI - 9.8.40 (E9840X3.EFI)?

EDIT: Noticed also the use the Realtek EFI x64 2.060 corrected, here
RtkUndiDxe.2.062_corr.rar (60.2 KB) and RtkUndiDxe.2.063_corr.rar (57.7 KB)
corrected, please verify and confirm for your UBU package.

Got a little experience working with ubu, uefipatch, uefitool, flashrom by almost bricking my board while attempting to mod the bios to support resizable bar on RTX 2000 series cards.
I have an ASRock x470 Taichi.
I noticed that the drivers for the integrated nic can be updated via ubu. This asrock board comes with an intel I211AT wich crashes badly any windows host os when disabling/enabling the adapter. (freeze, sometimes for minutes, then adapter shows as “Device cannot start. Device does not exist” in device manager. )

I tried to let ubu do it’s magic with the network driver but it can’t do it :

Network
        [Current version]
     EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI      - 0.1.02
     OROM Intel Boot Agent GE    - 1.5.50
     EFI Broadcom UNDI Driver    - 20.8.4
     OROM Broadcom Boot Agent    - 17.2.0

[Available version]
 -\ for i82579/i217/i218/i219 chips
     OROM Intel Boot Agent CL    - 0.1.16
 -\ for i210/i211/i350 chips
     EFI Intel PRO1000 UNDI      - 9.8.24
     OROM Intel Boot Agent GE    - 0.4.09

EFI Broadcom UNDI Driver    - 20.14.24
     OROM Broadcom Boot Agent    - 20.14.2

1 - Replace Intel
4 - Replace Broadcom
S - Share files
0 - Exit to Main Menu

then I select 1 :

Choice:1

For compatibility of the DevID,
it is possible to install up to versions 6.6.04 and/or 1.5.62

EFI Intel Gigabit GUID 9006872D-3A86-4BAE-A2F0-E527B9D7119E
 parseSection: GUID defined section with unknown processing method
parseSection: GUID defined section can not be processed
No replacements can be applied to input file
The system cannot find the file Files\Intel\lan\orom\o1562GE.txt.

OROM Intel Boot Agent GE    - 1.5.50
Press any key to continue . . .

I’ve been though this thread EFI LAN BIOS + Intel GopDriver modules - #189 by clackersx and got what seems to be the right efi files for my I211-AT card copied to UBU_1_79_17\Files\intel\LAN\EFI but still it does not work.
It should install 9.8.24 since this nic is i211
Am i missing something ?