[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

@MissBendy

I was actually addressing this to SoniX. I didn’t know the OROM thing was old. I just saw that 1.5.89 has been in the database for quite a while. :blush:

I’ll try again.

Asus M513IA, 4700u, latest BIOS can be found [here].(https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/BIOS/103042/ASUS_X513IA_308_BIOS_Update_1.exe?model=M513IA)

Having an issue where it says “mcE found 2 mCodes - Processed 0 mCodes”. This is the only thing I actually want to do as my CPU microcode is 3 years old.

current microcode: 8600106 20200619
latest microcode: 860010C 20231007 (if it had the newest MCE.db)

Everything else can be updated by the tool, it’s just that one single, useful thing, that doesn’t want to budge.

All help appriciated.

@ghostfella

At first I thought the reason UBU didn’t replace it was because it had the same version in its own files, but that’s not the solution. I replaced it with the latest version, but it still does not replace it. As far as I can tell, the solution is that the microcodes are not separate in the BIOS, but are part of other content. Anyway, I replaced it manually for you.

@SoniX

Am I right in guessing why the replacement is not working?

1 Like

Ah, would you care to explain to me how to actually proceed with it? I didn’t know this AMI BIOS would be different.

Nothing special. Hex editor. I deleted the old version and pasted the new one. It is not encrypted. However, you might need some experience, it’s easy to make a faulty BIOS.

1 Like

@SoniX

After the first “Choice:2”:

Stepping back, then selecting “Video OnBoard” again, is fine.

video2

Another one: on the one hand, the text is garbled, and on the other hand, surely the OROM option must be there if you only have EFI in the BIOS?

disk

@SoniX can UBU be made to insert NEW option rom, or maybe can you do a guide how to do it manually? I want to add VIA VT6421A option rom into the bios. The PCI Card is connected with a PCIE to 2XPCI to z690 UD DDR4. The “option rom” tab in MMTOOL I think is for EFI rom not legacy, and it makes the new saved bios invalid for BIOS UPDATE.

I simply added V041312.rom data to the end of my OROM body, forced bios flash(using recovery mode) and it did not work, the sata drive is not in the Bios boot menu,

You talked about “Size OROM”, do I need now to find hex value representing this in my OROM and increase it by the amount of V041312.rom size?, this is what I don’t understand, size as ‘bytes’, how is the hex representing this, example number 85 in hex normally as 38 35, or switched 35 38?

(it is the same GUID for me 365C62BA-05EF-4B2E-A7F7-92C1781AF4F9, in my OROM I see text ‘RAID’, ‘USB’, NVME, SATA, PCI, CD-ROM, FLOPPY, this:
.AMIBIOS(C)2010 American Megatrends, Inc. …BIOS Date: 12/24/18 09:42:34 Ver: 08.00.10 )

I tried with rambios(to load the rom and init it) I can access the ROM menu and see the sata drive connected, but FDISK or XFDISK hangs when attempting to access the new visible drive, and grub4dos does not see it(for it to then to boot from it)

@Radu91
Can you provide this OROM?

@SoniX

z690_UD_DDR4_F25_OROM_BODY.zip (46.9 KB)
VIA VT6421 Option ROM V041312.zip (38.8 KB)

Another way I tried, I replaced lan pxe(from MMTOOL “Option ROM” tab) with the via option rom, the lan pxe boot(non uefi) option disappeared from boot menu but the disk connected to the via pci card did not appear.
(replaced the lan pxe with MMTOOL and UEFITOOL, same result)

Just got a new Intel LGA 1200 11th gen CPU microcode from extracting ASUS BIOS that UBU shows the message the mCode does not exist in the database and suggests me to share it. May I attach the microcode here ?

cpuA0671_plat02_ver0000005E_2023-09-14_PRD_45D810F0.bin

as shown by the file name : patch version 5E, dated as 2023-09-14

I have successfully transferred the new mCode to another Gigabyte Z590 mobo BIOS.

Possibly old MCE database in UBU since it’s known since DB281

Otherwise this thread would be the perfect place:

Latest is Intel cpuA0671_plat02_ver00000062_2024-03-07_PRD_2B7D62D5

But thanks a lot for sharing the µcode anyway!

@ThomasRhin

Use this updated database (r276).
Only some AMD microcode is not included, which requires a newer version of MCE (1.94.2+).

MCE.rar (80.9 KB)

1 Like

Got this error today:
no-python

• installed python-3.8.8rc1, also x64 (latest for Windows 7)
  • updated pip and installed “colorama” and “pltable”

Does anyone have idea how to fix it?

@Ludolf

If it worked before, something must have changed, right? Anyway, I think 3.8.19 is the latest version that still works with Windows 7. I’ve done the BIOS, if you’re interested.

Medion.rar (2.4 MB)

No, this was on a fresh install.

But fixed it. :smiley:

I uninstalled python and this time i used v3.8.9 (i have no idea how to update it without a compiled installer, sorry) and checked the box for “PATH” while beginning of installation. Maybe this was the solution.

OS Windows 7 x64 Python 3.8.10 x64
Install to “C:\Python”
Install Launcer
Add to Enviroment “Path=…”
Assiciated Python Files
Wirks good!

1 Like

Thank you very much for informing me this Github respositories. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you too for sharing me with the updated mCode and DB from Github reponsitories. :heart_eyes:

i stucked at the Python stuff for a long time too. Sorry i am not good at the Environment path thing. Shoud i point the path to the Python installing directory by editing(adding) the environment system variable ?

By the way, adding the internal testing VMD-RST EFI driver from ASUS BIOS.
Intel-VMD-RST_EFI-RaidDrive v20.1.0.5817.rar (142.6 KB)

@SoniX

wrong_data

The BIOS version is 3.08 and the date is 22 July 2024(?). True, it is a Strix Point BIOS, but it works fine with another one.