[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Hello there. I was wondering how I am supposed to find the correct drivers for my CPU. I currently have a 6700k but want to make a customs bios which will help me get that chip onto a z390 dark. I have attached a screenshot below of what my "UBU" looks like. Thanks a lot for this btw! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

k.png

k2.png

Hi folks!
I have tried to update microcodes and got an error. How to fix it and pass?

R - Start replacement
0 - Cancel
Choice:r
[Preparing for replacement]
BIOS file backup
[Replacement]
mCode FFS: reconstructVolume: root volume can’t be grown
Error ☼
BIOS file restored
Press any key to continue . . .

EDIT: OK, I found it means there is not enough space for update microcodes. I have removed one of four and it passed.

You can extract OROM VBIOS using MMTool. But for each model of the motherboard, its own settings are used.

UBU works on AsRock Z390 Extreme 4 ?

Edit:

Ok i flash modded bios and its works.

Hi, I am getting the message "pe32 image with invalid dos signature" when replacing modules yet they get replaced, any problems???

Windows Defender detects a trojan in MCE.exe in this release.

@kathampy :
This is a wellknown false alarm. By the way: The Windows Defender of my OS (latest Win10 Build) doesn’t give me a warning message.

It never detected previous versions for me. I’ll whitelist it. Thanks.

Maybe it was commented before, but the "pe32 image with invalid DOS signature" is not problematic, is it??? Guess it comes from UEFITool.

@Fernando @SoniX

@vmanuelgm :
Which tool gives you the "pe32 image with invalid DOS signature" message while opening which BIOS file?

@Fernando
UBU.bat when replacing lan or raid modules. But I guess UEFITool is the culprit and UBU is just posting the error.

UBU messages.png

Thanks.

EDIT by Fernando: Inserted picture resized to save space (can be enlarged by clicking onto it)

@vmanuelgm :
These UBU messages have been created by the UEFITool and indicate neither an UBU nor an UEFITool issue.
As long as the UEFITool gives the related messages even while checking/modifying the original BIOS, there is nothing to worry about for the UBU and UEFITool users.

@SoniX Updating microcode with the "Start Replacement" option results in a boot loop with post code EE on my EVGA X299 Dark. Only the "Start Replacement Alternative" option works.

The Change Logo utility also no longer works on the latest X299 Dark BIOS, but it worked on older versions.

@Fernando The "Optane Memory and Storage Management" application does not work on the EVGA X299 Dark which comes with RST v16.0 modules in the BIOS, but it works on my MSI X299 Creation that comes with RST v17.7 in the BIOS.

What happens after having updated the Intel RST RAID BIOS module(s) of the EVGA mainboard and what has your statement to do with the UBU tool?

Hello everyone. I would like to clarify two things about UBU tool. First of all, as far as I understand, this tool is safe and suitable for both Intel and AMD platforms, right? Also, is it supporting all motherboard makers? Specifically, I would like to know about MSI boards. I’ve used UBU on ASrock and ASUS and it works flawlessly but never tried MSI and would like to know if there are any issues with it.

@izajasz
This software is used by many people. If there is any problem, it will be corrected and updated by Sonix.

@thinking Yes, I am aware, but I’ve never processed a BIOS from MSI boards, and I will have to soon, but earlier this month I flashed a modded BIOS on MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon and it had problems with the USB device and LAN adapter, but it was probably malfuctioning before the mod. Anyway, I would like to know from You guys if You have encountered any problems with MSI boards?

@izajasz
Some problems are caused by MSI products themselves, but after all, there are risks in flashing BIOS. If it is not necessary, do not flash BIOS.

Yes, of course. That I know, but it would be better for me to hear some feedback if someone already tried UBU on MSI BIOS’es, for instance, z270 ones. So far, every ASRock and ASUS mobo I’ve modded with UBU works flawlessly.

@kathampy
I tried, it seems that there is no problem?

x299.jpg