Dumped Bios DX79SR - Question regarding Ivy Bridge

Thanks @Spectral - When using V1 CPU does the ME look healthy now, check with MEInfoWin - verbose (From V8 system tools)
If it does, then maybe CPUDXE/MemInit/PCHInit etc need updated to be compatible with the CPU and to properly run all ME8 functions (probably many other modules too), which only manufacturer can do

Did you get post 00 before when trying with original BIOS, or no codes at all?

00 - first post code, when BIOS loaded\failed. Generic post saying that BIOS unable to start.

When using V1 CPU does the ME look healthy now, check with MEInfoWin - verbose (From V8 system tools)

Already byu fast v1 cpu for this mobo and left it as-is. Thanks fo help.

@Lost_N_BIOS did you ever get the Ivy Bridge working on your DX79SR? I have one and bought a CPU without checking compatibility and now I’m stuck with a CPU I can’t return and from what I’ve read on many forums all I need is a microcode update? how much truth is to this? @IntelModder

@newguy2intel

Unfortunately you are out of luck. It is not just a microcode update. ME also needs updated (which we can do), but the board will not post with an ivy bridge cpu without updating a number of bios modules (which we likely can’t do without manufacturer support).

I was not able to get this to work on mine, and @Lost_N_BIOS has tried multiple times with this series of motherboards (DX79 - SR / TO /SI).

Unlike the third party manufacturers (ASUS, ASROCK etc) Intel abandoned their consumers on this series of boards.

Your best option is to try and on-sell either the motherboard or cpu.

thank you for replying, I’m gutted, I knew MSI would have treated me better, I got sucked into marketing extreme this skull logo and all

@Lost_N_BIOS did you ever get the Ivy Bridge working on your DX79SR? I have one and bought a CPU without checking compatibility and now I’m stuck with a CPU I can’t return and from what I’ve read on many forums all I need is a microcode update? how much truth is to this? @IntelModder

Thanks @IntelModder - I wouldn’t have remembered trying Do you know where I tried previously so I can look at what was discussed?
Did you remember if you ever tried microcode removed (ie none added I guess)? Or ME Disabled by itself, and or ME Disabled + Microcode removed? Or the ME8 BIOS I posted minus microcode?

@newguy2intel - I never had any of the Intel X79 variants, I assume he is correct solely based on what he mentioned above.
This is due to updating ME FW Major version is not a simple task end user/BIOS Modders can do generally due to many other BIOS modules need updates at same time too, by manufacturer as he mentioned
I assume you mean Ivy-E CPU, not Ivy, correct?

Probably best to sell that board, and get a different X58 board from better brand (MSI, Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus etc) if you want to keep that CPU and stay on X58