[Problem] Failed ASROCK Z170M OC Formula BIOS mod using AMIBCP

Hello everyone.
I am in the problem that I am trying to enable 4g decode on my motherboard, so that I can use resizable bar correctly. But when trying to modify the bios, in UEFI it returns “secure failed”. I understand that it is for some board security. Is there another way that I can make the change?
PC: 9900k + z170m oc formula + rtx 3080

Stay tuned to your comments. From already thank you very much.

Z17MOCF7.51B.bin.zip (7.9 MB)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

AMIBCP will not do permanent changes, modern AMI V core bioses wont accept it like AMI IV versions, read again the the Kuri REBAR thread.

First, thanks for answering.
In the end I managed to make the modification with AMIBCP, use the following guide to achieve it. [Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

When I flash the bios, I see that the options were saved as expected, but when I load windows everything freezes.

Finally, I was already asking in the “REBAR thread”, but according to the knowledge of the people who tried to help me… there were no new alternatives. I’m still waiting and trying things in the meantime.

The freeze is expected… AMIBCP can do it but in fact its just “cosmetic” now on modern bios, thats why…
An alternative is here: [TOOL] UEFI Editor - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

EDIT: Further questions on this tool, post on the related thread, not here. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m doing the test…

1 Like

Thank you. I already commented (because it didn’t work). Likewise, it seems to me that this path will not be the correct one and I will have to think or wait for the help of another person.