GA Z370 Gaming 3 question

Hey guys i got a question that might sound stupid idk.
Would it be possible to edit a bios to use the cpu microcode from an older version?

@haxzion - Yes, easily possible and people do it all the time!
[GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex

Wow thanks, i got some reading to do…Do you think this guide will work with my z370 board?

Yes @haxzion - I update microcodes all the time in all boards, and that method directly applies to your boards BIOS. Although, I didn’t make the microcode update part very detailed in that, sorry about this, that guide was mainly for correcting FIT Table which you need to do after microcode updating.
Here is another microcode update guide too, it’s linked in that guide - [GUIDE] AMI INTEL CPU Microcode Update Guide

You can also simply use UBU tool to update your microcodes if you wanted - [Tool Guide+News] “UEFI BIOS Updater” (UBU)

Thanks a lot…I will start reading tomorrow :slight_smile:

I finally did it…I used UEFI Bios Updater (UBU) in order to use an older microcode but with a newer bios,since i wanted to avoid all the meldown/spectre fixes and thier drawbacks.
I also followed Lost_N_Bios guide on how to make the modded gigabyte bios flashable and it worked perfectly.

After i flashed the modded bios i noticed that windows was still using a newer MC. At first i thought it had something to do with the backup bios but after some thinking i realized it was Windows 10 v1809 microcode updates.So even if you are running an older bios/MC Microsoft is pushing the updated microcodes though the OS.
In order to fix that i took ownership and then replaced the file C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll (for Intel CPU) with an older one (pre meltdown/spectre)
and VOILA Windows picks the microcode from my modded bios.No more meltdown/spectre crap.Let me know if you want me to post any files.

Thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile:

Glad you were able to figure all this out yourself @haxzion good work