[Guide] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS

@kosh06
The bios I provided does not contain an NVME startup module just the bifurcation options enabled in bios. None is needed if you dont use NVME for windows.
However I made you one with NVME boot.

If your flashback button does not work I highly recommend getting a hardware BIOS flasher in case of failure to boot, before flashing.
I am curious however how you flashed a modified BIOS without flash back button since the BIOS did not have a valid checksum.

@JackSted

Hello, just to answer your question about the Flash Back button, I read some by on the forum, use AI Suite2 software start with the original Bios and before flash replace for the file edit.

Iā€™m testing the file.

Thank you

Hello,

A big thank you to both of you, now I see both SSD M2.J 's just had to change the M2 of place so I have two disks on the first two ports of the Hyper M2 card.

Now next step mount RAD both discs.
Iā€™m going on vacation until the end of the week. Iā€™ll be back next week, to tell you if everything is going well.

For the little story of Flash Back, I took a usb key that is scary to see and disable UEFI in the bios.

Another big thank you.

Congrats on your progress. Let me know how it turns out :smiley:

^^ There it is x 2 ^^

Hi,

i instal you BIOS on my x79 sabertooth motherboard work nice. Only i does not see "PCI Subsystem Settings".
Can you please make change with that support, Enabling in you last BIOS version with suport for NVME boot and bifurcation options enabled.
Thanks you JackSted

And my next step is make raid0 with ASUS m.2 x 16 v2 + 4xVNand. I hope I will succeed.

@1000 - use @JackSted BIOS on page one (or in his signature link)

That BIOS for Asus P9X79 i have SABERTOOTH-X79-ASUS motherboard. I tray and i have error with update.
my bios name is: SABERX79.CAP

--------
Last post :
@kosh06
The bios I provided does not contain an NVME startup module just the bifurcation options enabled in bios. None is needed if you dont use NVME for windows.
However I made you one with NVME boot.
--------

that version is work me without "PCI Subsystem Settings".

@1000 - then you are posting in the wrong thread, you canā€™t use the BIOS here, sorry I missed that on my earlier reply If you are using the non-sabertooth BIOS on your board, thatā€™s OK if you want, but you want the one I mentioned (from first post or in JackStedā€™s signature)

What do you need, Sabertooth BIOS with NVME Mod + PCI Subsettings (or full unlocked BIOS?)

Can you please add on this (you) BIOS version +"PCI Subsettings" ?
This BIOS version is edited for SABERTOOTH X79 ASUS motherboard with NVME Mod + Bifurcation

@1000 - so confusing, sorry Do you have Sabertooth motherboard? If no, then BIOS in post one or JackStedā€™s signature is for you. NVME Mod + Bifurcation includes unlocked PCI Subsettings (So you can set the bifurcation stuff)

Or, do you need same BIOS mods, but for Sabertooth BIOS? If yes, please zip images of your advanced BIOS page (just main/top view) and within current PCI Subsettings menu too)

I need version for Sabertooth. Look link form this post. He make edit for Sabertooth

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00205168610356424330

[Offline] JackSted

----------------
@kosh06
However I made you one with NVME boot. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00205168610356424330

If your flashback button does not work I highly recommend getting a hardware BIOS flasher in case of failure to boot, before flashing.
I am curious however how you flashed a modified BIOS without flash back button since the BIOS did not have a valid checksum.
----------------

@1000 - you add too much info in your post, quoted stuff that add to the confusion, so I am still lost. Seems the mod BIOS you requesting is the one you linked??? See what I mean? Tinyupload link you gave is Sabertooth NVME Mod BIOS + Bifurcation changes etc.

Anyway, for my sanity I didnā€™t wait for your reply, here is mod BIOS with updated ucodes, NVME, System Agent switched (For Bifurcation options) + PCI Submenu, hope this is what you wanted.
If this is not, please do not quote any other posts, or discuss other BIOS, tell me exactly what BIOS mods you want done and link the BIOS you want edited from Asus webpage
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦352864341779254

Thanks Lost_N_BIOS on BIOS version, now all options work !

Hello After having solved my bifurcation problem thanks to Lost N Bios and JackSted, I thank you that now I have no more access Raid Marvell controller
The Control + M Button no longer functions as the control + key
Have you ever had this problem?

Sounds like you installed some other incompatible Intel RST update, or bad Marvell update maybe? Did you apply other mods? Marvell is bad enough with a single disk, I couldnā€™t image anyone trying to use it for RAID
If no other mods applied, then make sure you have it all enabled correctly in the BIOS.

Hello, yes the Raid is activated in bios, but I do not access the Raid configuration with Intel key control + I do not work.Is there any other way to configure raid mode with a boot system.No, I have not updated the marvell controller

@kosh06
Exactly, you need Marvell Storage Controller [Enabled], Marvell Storage OPROM [Enabled] and Option ROM Messages [Force BIOS].
Since my motherboard does not have a marvell sata controller I do not know much about these controllers.

By the way, do you have a HDD/SSD raid set with data connected on the Marvell controller. Or do you want a RAID set?
Or are you trying to RAID the NVME with boot? Because I can tell you thats not a possibility. You can however windows raid NON boot NVME drives on X79.
The best way to setup raid on your SATA drives is SATA Mode [RAID Mode] in bios. And then cofigure the RAID set with CTRL+i.
If you cannot access the option rom try to disable fast boot(bios), hibernation and fast startup(windows).

By the way, in testing I have yet to make 4x4x4x4 bifurcation to work properly. In recent testing on the second x16 slot connected to IOU 3 only the first and last NVME slot were functional of my Asus Hyper M.2 x16 Card. However this was tested with only 2 NVME drives installed.