[GUIDE] AMI INTEL CPU Microcode Update Guide

hi , i have Lenovo yoga 11e 3rd gen (type 20g8, 20ga) laptop (thinkpad) Celeron , i just want to make it intel i7 only in Bios can u help me with it . all i need is the converted bios file that shows intel i7 instead of celeron in bios only .

Let me get this straight u want to fake the processor ID or u want upgrade the processor.

Hey, its me again. I need the mod BIOS with resizebar.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BI…E-ASUS-1101.ZIP

Could you please downgrade the Microcode (for 9980XE) in this version as well?
Would be very cool! Of course I will spend a good drink for that! :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
-Xtremefunky

Soooo,

I was reading the guide and tried it… for like 3-4 hours.
But somehow. Im not able to do it properly.
Its also not that hard… I just want to take a MC from an older BIOS Version and put it on a newer BIOS.
Sooo I dont know… shouldnt be that crazy? The problem I´m facing is, to insert a MC which is smaller / bigger than the original.
Adding "FF" doesnt work, because there are multiple MCs in my BIOS included.
And here is the problem which I´m not able to solve… how to offset the adresses of the new "FIT"s correctly.

I would be really appreciated if someone can tell me, how to do it.
Really want to play around with MC in my BIOS, till I find the one, where my CPU performs the best.
I´m willing to "donte" some amount, to the one which is kind enough to help me or rather said,
make me able to edit the MC in my BIOS correctly.

@xtremefunky

Heres the latest bios 1101 with updated mcodes, including ur 50654.
Method used is UBU with edited mcodes in folder USR_mCode, so learn UBU features.

USB FBF method ONLY.

Hey, thanks for your reply and effort.
Uhm… the problem is (besides the fact, that the DL doesnt work),
that I switched CPUs, went from a 9980XE to a 10980XE. Which should change the CPU ID to 50657 (but not 100% certain, but I think so).
And yeah. There are various MC versions, which works sometime better and worser.
I basically need to test around 5-7 different MCs till I have the one, which gives me the best performance for benchmarking,
since Im doing this competitive on HWBot.
But I also dont want to put that work on someone else, thats why I wanted to know, how I can do it on my own.
Would be really, really cool.

Currently I´m using this 1101 as "basebios", because it has many updates for other system parts.
https://filehorst.de/d/eqFwnmJe

Zippyshare must be blocked from ur country. Use VPN or TOR browser.
Oh u switched CPU and i must go read all ur post to guess this?
Want to play with mcode, already told u how, wot tool and to read.
10980XE is 50657 and its present in ur bios.
So thats it, all covered, get ur hands dirty and go for it.
Cheers.

No, thats why I said, I want to do it on my own.

yeah, best guide EU West. If you really consider your post as helpful, I wonder what the first post is then?

of course it is, otherwise the CPU wouldnt work. But I ready knew that, since I tried to swap it out with a different one,
but failed to do that.

Oh im sorry… heres ur full guided course

https://www.amazon.com/PCs-Dummies-Compu…n/dp/0764508385

Thanks a lot. Your words inspired me. Now I´m able to mod the BIOS on my own.
No pun intended.

See… all it takes its a little “kick” in the balls and away goes laziness, u r now more instructed and prepared for future .
And please leave the… “amounts” for naive people as we do not survive with gifts from smug.

… "Thank you Meatwar… besides ur teaching methods, indeed has his effectiveness."

OVERnOUT

Hi.
Guys I have Packard Bell TS11HR laptop. It have i5 2450m. This CPU doesn’t enough for me so I bought a i7 3610QE . I put it in and it works. All functions is working but no display on screen. I think the problem is BIOS. Can I fix with adding microcode?

@EngereksizYilan
No display after CPU change on Packard Bell Easynote TS11HR_517tk laptop
Microcode update won’t help.

@Sweet_Kitten
I can’t reply you that post.
https:// ark.intel. com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/65711/intel-core-i73610qe-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz.html please check Compatible Products. 3610QE supports HM65 and my laptop has HM65 chipset.

@EngereksizYilan Your bios is missing the proper µcodes, it has still ME7 (for Ivy bridge ME8 is needed, which requires itself bios changes), and the video driver / video orom probably isn’t IVB capable either. There are some PCs where the manufacturer sold the same hardware adapted to IVB with new name/as new model. These bios could sometimes be adapted to work on the older model, too, but never seen a working DIY upgrade SNB-IVB. Some laptops came with same chassis and new motherboard, so that it’s easy to change to a newer MB, Samsung NP400BB/NP600BB or NP300EA/NP300EC were such examples, but there were other pitfalls, too, like several IVB boards with HM70 (no core-i processors) and so on.

That Intel states HM65 compatible with your processor in just one condition, adapted firmware (ME, bios itself, µcode, video orom/dxe) are necessary, too…

@lfb6 So I need to find a new bios to run it?

As written. Most SNB laptop bios I know including the one of your machine are 4 MB, all IVB bios I know are 8MB.

Find a motherboard from another Packard Bell machine with HM75/HM76 chipset which fit’s into your case and has the same connectors, otherwise buy a SNB i7…

@lfb6 I don’t know any of the terms you said. As far as I can tell, there is nothing to be done. Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion