[Guide] AMI (non-UEFI) BIOS Modding

Ohh yes, we tried that before I remember now. I thought you figured that out before?

Had try the hex editor solution but don’t work

Did you correct size in the header when replacing, it’s there twice if I remember correctly.

how can correct?

Source size from MMTool (or overall size in hex) goes at location 118h - backwards

sorry but i don’t understand

@pipes80 - buddy, sometimes I think you know more than me on this stuff, I assumed you’d get that one easy

Pipes-OverallSize-Header.png

Ok, understand but that module can be replace with mmtool…the after module is my interest replacement.
Cannot be with mmtool and hex editor

I only meant same edit has to be done to second module as well (with it’s different size), if and when you find out how to change it out. And yes, we already long ago figured out it cannot be changed even by hex
First one is almost same (minus padding) as Rom Hole 1 - maybe this help?

what is the name "Overclock" rom modules ? ım not knowledgeable enough sorry for that.Also what is the RAID

@fatihesergg :
Your first question is not easy to understand. Don’t you know what “Overclocking” is?
Regarding “RAID” I recommend to do a simple Google search.

ı want to add overclock option like cpu ratio blck speed cpu voltage …

how can ı add?
my motherboard is ASBOARD H55 not Asrock
non uefi
Thanks Advance !!

good evening to all, I have a problem with this board: intel d875pbz.
this is my problem: I can’t open the bios with mmtool and AMIBcp.
I take error for unsupported bios.
I attach the bios.
Thanks to all for future help

P34-0125.zip (563 KB)

@pipes80 :
Intel BIOSes with the extension *.bio may be disguised AMI BIOSes, but cannot be opened directly by using any AMI MMTool.

@pipes80 - in general with Intel BIOS, if you want to modify BIOS, you must dump BIOS directly with flash programmer or FPT when possible, then edit and program back.
To work with that BIOS in a tool, you have to use Intel Integrator Toolkit and for this particular BIOS you need the .ITK or .ITW file that goes with it.

Hello Guys!

Just registered on the forums, thank you very much for the information provided in here.

I own one of these chinese G41 boards, (just like this one, https://sairship.en.alibaba.com/product/…TyXIzT66jCUtmKA) that go by different names, such as Afox, Winfox, TCN, Kazuk and so on…

recently I’ve upgraded my Q8200 to a X5450 and updated the microcodes using MMTOOL, everything went fine, and i tough "Well, maybe it’s a good idea to update other bios components aswell!
Tought the quicky way to do so was to flash a recent bios from a brand that still sell those boards by this day, so that’s what i did, i flashed my TCN-branded board with a Kazuk-Bios board and updated the microcodes again.

Now what such a mistake I made. the TCN bios was very complete, even with tabs to things like PCIPnP, audio, overclock and so the like, while the Kazuk bios is very limited, without even the possibility to overclock.

If things don’t get any worse, now my audio is locked-up to hd-digital, and my front panel get’s detected as S/PDIF, with this bios, i don’t have the option to AC’97 like the old one had.
I’ve scavenged the entire internet and could not find other bios from other vendor to see if i can get my old bios back. I’m fine using this bios as it is, if only i could get the front audio working again.

From what i can gather from the information here, i could try to mod this bios with an audio module and perhaps restore the options again? i’m not sure

if anyone could guide me to, if, there is any way to restore the audio functionality (to set it to AC’97), i would really appreciate.

Again, thanks for the platform and information

@Aflito - Link me to the BIOS you are now using, I will look and see if I can find the setting for you

Thank you so much for the quick reply

I found a reference on my board to (D-G41AGB3 V1.0), i’ve tried a new different search term and ended up in an indian forum lol
from there, some indian guy posted a bios to a motherboard that look very much a like mine, this Zebronics G41-D3 (https://zebronics.com/products/motherboa…1-d3-socket-775)

Downloaded it, looked much a like mine on AMIBCP, I man up, updated it’s microcodes and flashed it (with fear of course, hahaha)

It worked! it’s the full mb bios with everything unlocked. Set up the audio to AZALIA and now my front audio works again!

Thank you very much again Lost, keep up sharing amazing information in here that it’s helpful for so much people.

@Aflito - You’re welcome! Board that looks like yours, and one that is exact same as yours and has it’s original BIOS are two very different things sometimes.
Anyway, I meant for you to send me the BIOS you were using before, that has the front panel audio issue, so I could find that setting for you and make it visible if necessary.
BUT! Sounds like you’ve now found a BIOS that works good for you so far, and does not have the audio issue, so problem solved then, correct? If so, great
You’re welcome, and thank you, but I didn’t even do anything to help this time

@Lost_N_BIOS Oh! I see! Well, this was the bios I was using: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuPUo5Nr-1V1kawg0jvmwYQ4kGbXvA?e=FA9qsH (Kazuk-G41) and now I’m using this one i found on some indian forum (zebronics g41-d3): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuPUo5Nr-1V1kawfbiaDd0JH7roqzw?e=D1chSG
My board is neither one of those boards, it’s a TCN G41 board (but it’s a very much look a like of those boards, that’s why i think they’re all rebranded from that alibaba factory i’ve linked earlier)

Does this happens often? i mean, interchangeable bios.