[Guide] Integration of drivers into a Win7-11 Image

The Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 are better for nearly all Intel chipset systems.

Is it possible to integrate that one into a win11 ISO?

@GraphicHealer
As I have already written I do not recommend to integrate any Intel AHCI driver into a Win10 or Win11 Image.

Should I just use the feature in the installer where I can load a driver if the drive doesn’t show up?

@GraphicHealer
If a specific SATA connected disk drive doesn’t show up during the Win10/11 Setup while trying to choose the target drive, you have either not chosen the correct BIOS settings or the related disk drive is not usable at all. In both cases even the loading of any third party AHCI driver will not solve the problem.

NVME is the problem I am running into. Sata works just fine.

@GraphicHealer
Win11 has a very good NVMe driver in-the-box. So there is no need to integrate any third party NVMe driver.
If your NVMe SSD resp. its Controller should not be detected by the Win11 Setup, the reason is not a wrong or not matching driver.
Are you sure, that the related SSD is an NVMe one and attached to an NVMe supporting port?

I think it may be an issue with specifically HP. I have only had HP laptops and desktops not show the NVME SSD when I get to the installer page. I know it’s NVME, I checked.
And when I was somehow able to add the RST drivers, it worked perfectly.

@GraphicHealer
Please give me some information about the manufacturer/model of the NVMe SSD and attach the “pure” mainboard BIOS as *.ZIP file.

@Fernando Oddly, If I load the HP given RST driver during setup, it works flawlessly.

Also, I have run into 3 different models of HP laptops with different SSD models, and two different desktop models with NVME drives that I have to sideload the driver for.

I have before run into several issues with HP devices needing specific drivers FROM HP with no exception. I have had touchpads on HP computers not work even with the manufactures (synaptics) drivers, I had to use the HP provided installer.

So I wonder if this is another of those weird choices HP has made with its hardware/software, where you HAVE to use HP’s variation of the intel RST driver.

So as a possible last resort, would the HP driver be able to integrate? Is it WHQL certified?

Thanks,
G

@GraphicHealer
Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t contain the information I had asked for.

Which Intel RST driver version for which sort of Controller (SATA/NVMe/VMD) do you mean?

To be able to answer your question, I need the “pure” (extracted) driver files.
By the way - HP has never developed and released their own drivers. All drivers, which are offered by HP for their mainboards and PCs/notebooks, are manufactured by third party chipset manufacturers (like Intel, AMD).

@Fernando I have one of the laptops on hand atm, here are the model numbers and info for it:

HP 15t-dw300 ProdID: 1A3Y4AV
SSD: Samsung MZVLQ256HAJD-000H1
Bios files: 15t-dw300_BIOS.zip - Google Drive

@GraphicHealer
I asked you for
a) the Intel RST driver version, which detected your NVMe SSD and
b) the BIOS file, which contains the NVMe EFI module (your attachment contains a lot of not matching files).
If you want help, you should post the requested information.

That is the only bios files I could find for that laptop.

Please give me some information about the manufacturer/model of the NVMe SSD

I responded with exactly what you asked for.

The driver version I used is the:
Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v17.11.0.1000 for Win10-11 x64 mod+signed by Fernando
When the integration last allowed me to.

I am now manually loading the official HP drivers I extracted from the EXE installer.
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139242.exe

Dude. I replied as best as I could. I gave you the model, and I gave you as pure of a bios as I could. Those are the bios files that the official HP bios installer for the 15t-dw300 will give you if you request them to be put in a folder instead of installed to the mainboard. I don’t know how BIOS’s work. I just know how to install them.

@GraphicHealer

1. It doesn’t make sense to integrate a modded driver into the Image of a modern Windows OS, because the OS Setup only accepts WHQL certified third party storage drivers. So I doubt, that the “Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v17.11.0.1000 for Win10-11 x64 mod+signed by Fernando” has been accepted by the Win10 or Win11 Setup and its Device Management.
  2. Your attached HP driverpack contains the Intel RST VMD driver v18.6.1.1016 WHQL, which doesn’t support any Intel SATA Controller running in AHCI or RAID mode.

By the way - there are newer and better WHQL certified Intel AHCI/RAID drivers availabe, which belong to the RST v17 and v18 platform. You can find them >here<.

In response to #1:

I was able at some point to integrate non-WHQL drivers into the ISO, I don’t know if it was a bug or something wrong with my PC, but a windows update fixed it, and now I no longer can integrate those drivers.
I at first thought the problem was I couldn’t integrate those non-WHQL drivers.
Now I know there is no point in doing that.
Solved that part.
The issue now is why the NVME drive doesn’t show up in the first place.

In response to #2:

Of course it’s not a SATA driver. These laptops don’t even have SATA ports. They are NVME only. The issue is windows doesn’t see the NVME drives for some odd reason. That VMD driver from the HP website is what I load in the setup screen to be able to see the drive and install windows.

Side note:

I have also looked at the included drivers on the NTLite components page, and I do not see any VMD drivers. I only se the SATA Intel RST drivers, not any NVME drivers. Could that be why it’s not showing up? Or am I just misreading that page?

@GraphicHealer
If you want or have to integrate an NVMe driver, I recommend to take the “Generic 64bit Phison NVMe driver v1.5.0.0 WHQL for Win8-10 x64”. You can find the download link within the second post of >this< thread.
I do not really understand why you have tried all the time to integrate different and partly extremely old Intel MSM and RST drivers, who mainly support only Intel’s SATA AHC and RAID Controllers, but no NVMe Controllers. Only the latest Intel RST drivers from the v16 platform are able to detect and work with NVMe Controllers, but they support only NVMe SSDs and Controllers, which were manufactured by Intel (or its successor Solidigm SK-Hynix).
Good luck!

Ahhhh ok I misunderstood the RST driver. I thought RST was NVME only. I didn’t realize it worked with older port tech. That is why I was using the older driver, as from what I read, it was the best all-round RST driver, but I guess that wasn’t talking about NVME.

friends, it doesn’t matter the version to windows iso driverpack solution online how can we save it to windows iso directory on usb

@eskeenginbey
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since the driver integration into the ISO file is rather similar for all Windows Images from Win7 up, I have moved your request into this already existing thread.
Please read the Guide, which is within the first post. If you should have any additional question regarding this topic, post it into this thread.
Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)