[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

@ lawn386:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What exactly have you done and what do you mean with "your drivers"?
You will find the guide about how to integrate the Intel AHCI driver into a Windows XP image and the download links to the suitable drivers within the start post of >this< thread.
Which driver (name and version) did you integrate and which one of the listed Intel SATA Controllers did you check during the textmode driver integration?

Not all drivers, which you can find within the start post, will work with Intel Z87 chipset mainboards in AHCI mode, but if you read the text I have added to each driver, you will find the suitable one. It is named "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando".

Regards
Fernando

I used Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando. As described I integrated it into a Windows XP image with nLite. At the stage of choosing the Intel SATA Controllers from the list I choose all of them because I was not sure what exactly to choose. Is there a problem that I choose all of them? Then how can I find out what SATA Controller to choose?

Yes, usually Windows XP Setup will give a BSOD, if you integrate an Intel RST driver and check too many Intel SATA Controllers.

If you have already another OS running with the same system, you should check the DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller (right click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").
Since your system has an Intel 8-Series Chipset Desktop mainboard, only one of the following Controllers is the correct one:

• "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)" or
  • "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C02 (added by Fernando)"

So if you don’t know the exact DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, check them both.

Thank you for reply,
I tried to integrate drivers you mentioned:
Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)
Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C02 (added by Fernando)
But I got the following: "Stop : c000021 unknown hard error \systemroot \system 32 \ntdll.dll"
Then I integrated 2 drivers above PLUS the following drivers:
Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)
Intel(R) ICH8 SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)
Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)
And with these 5 drivers Windows started installation under AHCI mode successfully. However, when it reboot several times during installation it said that pci.sys file missing. Then I boot from Live CD and saw that the folder windows/system32/drivers is empty – what is the possible reason for it and what should I do?

Please give me more informations regarding your system (numbers, names and connection sort of all HDDs/SSDs).
Did you follow the advice within my guide to unplug all not absolutely needed drives (HDDs/SSDs/USB Flash/Optical Drives) before starting the XP installation?

None of the additionally added Intel SATA AHCI Controllers do support your ASRock Z87 Extreme4.

Please check the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller from within the Live CD or by running a bootable media containing a hardware detection tool.

Great guide there Fernando, thank you very much!

Thing is, I’m trying to do this and i can’t seem to get it working.

What i find out about my chipset in Sisoftware Sandra is this: "82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7)"

Now I’ve tried the ICH7R/DH that was in one of the links in the main post but can’t get it to work.

And I’ve been googling for a specific “ICH7/82801GB” driver for hours and can’t seem to find it.

What do?

I won’t be surprised if I’m doing something wrong or I’ve missunderstood this thing completely, I’m totally new in this.

@ Aersson:

Without any additional informations regarding
a) your mainboard/PC (name and manufacturer),
b) the sort of your system drive (single HDD/SSD or RAIDed HDDs/SSDs) and
c) the SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) you are running your system drive
I am not able to help you.
The best way to find out the suitable AHCI/RAID driver is to check the DeviceID of the in use SATA Controller. So if you are currently running any Windows Operating System, please run the Device Manager, search for the listed Intel SATA Controller and post the HardwareIDs of it. You can get them by doing a right click onto the Controller and choosing the following options: "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Regards
Fernando

Well It’s a Dell PC, Mainboard Model is '0RD203’

I’m running a non-raid single HDD, just going to install XP on a different partition.

I don’t really know what ACHI is and I can’t find anything about it in BIOS (There are no options except raid-operation/standard operation)

These are the Hardware ID’s i get from windows 7:

IDE\DiskWDC_WD6400AAKS-00A7B2___________________01.03B01
IDE\WDC_WD6400AAKS-00A7B2___________________01.03B01
IDE\DiskWDC_WD6400AAKS-00A7B2___________________
WDC_WD6400AAKS-00A7B2___________________01.03B01
GenDisk

Also my drive is listed as an ATA device even though It’s SATA in W7

If you are running a non-RAID single HDD and don’t see any BIOS option to set the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI" mode, you probably will be able to get Windows XP installed without the need to integrate any driver.

These are not the HardwareIDs of the Intel SATA Controller. You can find it within the Device Manager section named "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers".

Lol Yeah Figured there was something wrong with that.

I do get the bluescreen error that is associated with not having the drivers though, spent some time googling it.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_01D21028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_01D21028
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&CC_01018F
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&CC_0101

Is this it?

Yes, the Intel SATA Controller of your system is listed as "Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0" within the file named "ich78id.inf", which you can find within the folder named "All" of the extracted Intel Chipset Device Software ("Intel INF Update Utility"). That means, that your SATA Controller is running in IDE mode.
Since your Intel SATA Controller is neither running in AHCI nor in RAID mode, none of Intel’s AHCI/RAID drivers can be used by the OS. So you should not try to load (F6) or to integrate any Intel textmode driver, when you are going to install Windows XP.

Hmm, ok.

The Bluescreen i get lead me to believe there was something wrong with the drivers.

This is the error i get when trying to install: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xc00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Man, I have spent days and nights trying to solve this problem. Was hoping it had something to do with the drivers.

But if it’s not, then this is not the place to continue my search.

Thank you for your help man, It’s a good guide. Even though i don’t understand so much about all this! :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Aersson:

You probably will prevent the 0x0000007B BSOD by doing the following:

1. Make sure, tat you are booting off an original = absolutely untouched Windows XP CD with integrated SP2 or SP3. There should be no file named WINNT.SIF within the i386 directory!
  2. Unplug all devices except the system drive and the bootable Windows XP media while trying to install the OS.
  3. Don’t use any overclocking BIOS settings.

I need IRST XP drivers for "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 1E10" I am having a Sony Laptop with HM76 chipset. I tried many Drivers but did not work and your custom drivers show empty when unzipped or error.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E10&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E12&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E13&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22

Without IRST Drivers it gives 0x0000007B BSOD.
When I tried nLite system shuts downs after the Windows Starting Installation

@ baid:

This Intel Chipset Device has nothing to do with the AHCI/RAID drivers, which are the topic of this thread.
If any of the Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset devices shouldn’t been properly detected and supported by the XP Device Manager, please download the attached file, unzip it and navigate from within the Device Manager to the folder.

Which of my "custom drivers" seemed to be empty when unzipped?

Regards
Fernando

EDIT:

I suspect, that you didn’t check the correct Intel SATA AHCI or RAID Controller of your system during the nLite textmode driver integration procedure.
Which one did you highlight?
If you should be able to boot into any Windows OS (Vista, Win7, Win8 or Win8.1)), please give me the HardwareIDs of your currently working Intel SATA Controller. Open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or - if applicable - "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager, do a right click onto the listed Intel SATA Controller and choose the following options: "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Intel 7-Series Chipset Devices INF Files Set v9.4.0.1027 for XP.rar (98.9 KB)

Intel 7-Series Chipset Devices INF Files Set v9.4.0.1027 for XP.rar has the file "PantCore.inf" which contains the drivers I require by how do I integrate them into my XP, I tried pointing it but I got it in PNP mode instead of TXT mode.

Also the laptop copies all hardware stuff and when it says Setup is Starting Windows, then Welcome to Setup "Enter=Continue" and plump it switches off…

The Intel Chipset Devices INF files are often named "Intel Chipset Drivers", but they aren’t drivers at all. There is no need to integrate these INF files (Windows XP Setup can be installed without them). Nevertheless you can integrate the INF files in PnP, but not in TXT mode (a file named TXTSETUP.OEM is requred, but not available for these INF files).

This behavior has nothing to do with a missing Intel Chipset Device INF file.
Please check the SATA mode and the SATA Controller sort of your laptop.

My laptop model is from India Sony SVE1513CY/N. I need to install XP on this.

If you want to install Windows XP and you do not succeed by booting off the original XP media (CD or USB drve), you have to search for the required AHCI or RAID driver.
You are on the absolute wrong path with the Intel chipset device INF files.
Once more I try to ask you: Which OS was running, when you bought the Sony laptop? Can you still boot into that OS?
If yes, do it and check the HardwareIDs of the on-board SATA Controller.

I got these by installing Windows 7 Pro.
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E10&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E12&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E14&CC_0604
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22

I need to install XP