[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

You have already posted these HardwareIDs in post #34 and I had replied, that they do not belong to any Intel SATA AHCI or RAID Controller.
To find out the HardwareIDs of the in-use Intel SATA Controller, you must open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" (resp. the "Storage Controllers") section of the Device Manager, do a right click onto all listed Controllers (with the word Controller" in their name) and then choose the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Hello Fernando

I downloaded your driver for the intel 8-series and tried to install it via ‘F6’ in a Windows XP installation. The setup regonized the drivers but didnt use them.

The OS which was installed before is Windows 7 Pro.
Hardware IDs for the sata controller are:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&SUBSYS_78171462&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&SUBSYS_78171462
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106

I searched the mainboard-manufactor’s website (MSI) but I didnt find a driver for Windows XP.

Should I use nLite for installing Windows XP or do you think it should work with the F6 implementation.

Greetz

Rumbeler

@ Rumbeler:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Which driver did you try to install via F6 and which of the listed Intel SATA Controllers did you choose?

The textmode driver integration is the better option.
My advice: Integrate the "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" and check just the listed "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)", when you get the nLite textmode driver popup.

Good luck!
Fernando

Hello!
Fernando, thanks for a well-detailed solution.
However i came with a problem and im hoping that you’ll be able to solve it.
I got a new laptop to prepare for work and i’ve been asked to install win xp on it. It had some kind of ubuntu installed from shop. I managed to install win 7 but cannot install xp.
Problem is, that when windows setup loads (i boot from usb stick) the only partition/drive that is visible is that usb stick. The HDD of 500gb seperated in 2 by half is invisible. Win 7 was succesfully installed and everything works there.
laptop: Packard bell TE69HW, mainboard EG_50HW. Hardware id’s in dev.man.:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_07751025&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_07751025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106
In bios menu sata operation is only ahci. Didn’t find any option to disable it too.
I integrated >Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando< into windows install cd but the partitions weren’t visible too.
Used diskpart to mark partition active - didn’t help. Tried to shrink one volume to 11gb - didn’t help.
Last steps were integrating different drivers of that package mentioned above and… im out of ideas :slight_smile:
Now last thing i do before i go to sleep is insert drivers into newly downloaded clean win xp iso… if this doesn’t work then i’ll continue tomorrow.
Maybe there’s something i missed or did wrong… Any help is appreciated!

EDITED: new copy of windows worked!
I used wintoflash to install iso to usb stick and there HAD to select system FAT 16 like i found in this forum page: http://wintoflash.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=298
Again, i thank you, Fernando, for the drivers and detailed guide. Cheers!

@ paulwh:

It is fine, that you were able to solve your problem yourself.

Happy New Year!
Fernando

When I download the files they have a .7z extension…how do I unzip it??

I figured it out.

@ Ducky77:

I am sorry for my late reply. It’s fine, that you have figured it out yourself.

Enjoy the Forum!
Fernando

Good Tutorial.

Hello
There is the possibility of using a universal driver ahci, and use Acronis to create a Universal image for any hardware?
I need your help, Windows 7 works on Windows XP, I only get BSOD in AHCI mode

You talk in Portuguese?

Thank you

Sorry English

@ edtambasco:

You cannot create a "universal XP image", which will support any AHCI and RAID Controller, not even by integrating the modded "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006". Furthermore you would not be able to boot of an image, which has been created by any Acronis software.

Please give me some informations about your Intel SATA Controller. Boot into Win7 and open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller" section of the Device Manager. Which Controllers do you see? I need the Controller names and - if possible - the HardwareIDs of them (right click onto them > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

No, I am a German citizen and this is an English language Forum.

Regards
Fernando

Thanks for responding

If I integrate 32/64bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 driver in Nlite, I can install XP on Intel Chipset laptops, or must be the specific device model DEV_?
My idea is to mount a text mode driver for intel and AMD (separate ISO) in which I can create an image and then just install the drivers from the OS
Any ideas for easy installation?

EDIT by Fernando: The fully quoted and not correctly formatted text has been deleted for a better understanding and to save space.

@ edtambasco:

The tool nLite is a good choice, if you want to create a bootable XP CD for a specific hardware configuration (example: for your own laptop).
If you want to create a bootable all-in-one XP CD, which is usable with different chipsets (AMD, Intel etc.) and SATA mode settings (AHCI/RAID), I recommend to use the DriverPacks method (>LINK<) and to integrate the suitable “DriverPack Mass Storage” by using the application named “DriverPack Base”. >Here< are the download links.

Perfect friend .
I created an ISO , based on DriversPack , and used the utility DriverPack Program
Downloaded 21 packages , with the top ten ( MassStorage , Chipset , CPU , Graphics ABC , LAN , Sound AB , WLAN - X86 ) the other 11 packs add to 3RTparty folder .

I changed to AHCI mode , and my HardDisk was detected as iastor7 in text mode Windows XP .

Perfect Resume .

I installed the Lenovo Z440 Laptop i5 Processor in AHCI mode .

Very Fast , the difference between the mode IDE / ATA and AHCI

Parkdaler Tester IDE / ATA - 23MBps Read for second
Parkdaler ICH Tester ( AHCI ) - 95Mbps Read for second

Many thanks for the help .
I believe that once installed I can create an image with Ghost itself for Z440 laptop .

Unfortunately there is not a universal image , but the fact of recognizing the drive in AHCI mode is now of great benefit as it has some equipment that no longer allow upgrade to IDE mode , which is what most users and technicians do .

His explanation was very good and solved my problem

Comparative:

Quick Format and Install Windows 7 x86/x64 Image - 15 minutes , missing only drivers

Quick Format and Install Windows XP x86 ( No Image ) - 1hour / 40 minutes , missing drivers ( programs installed )

Good news that the IDE so you can create a universal image using the standard Microsoft controller for Windows XP ( IDE ) , and the technician may prefer to use SysPrep later

The ISO of Windows XP SATA / AHCI / RAID was the size of 2GB
It’s pretty good .

Many thanks for your help and if you need something to my knowledge , you can contact me

Thanks!

@ edtambasco:

Thanks for your feedback.
It is fine, that you are satisfied having followed my advice regarding the use of the DriverPacks method.

Hi all,

I am new here.
Please solve my problem. I have purchased new laptop Acer aspire E1-572, in bios I found there is only one option that is AHCI mode. But i want to install windows xp so i found the driver by fernando and update it in nlite and success fully installed windows xp in my laptop but the main problem is that after completing second part of windows xp it restarts automatically with an error of blue screen of death. So please help me
it supports : Intel 8 series SATA AHCI controller-9C03.

Pleaseeeee Help me

@ rishialways:

You should give us some additional informations:

1. Which driver did you integrate?
  2. Which Intel SATA Controller(s) did you check while integrating the Intel textmode driver with nLite?
  3. Which sort of BSOD did you get (message and begin of the error code)?

Regards
Fernando

Hi fernando,

Thanks for quick reply, Actually I integrate driver given by you with nlite in txt mode and selected "Intel 8 series SATA AHCI controller-9C03 by fernando" thats all.
After full installation of windows xp, when it boot for the first time it says bsod. i havent noted that and installed windows 8 temporarily so please help me i wants to install windows xp

You should make sure, that you selected the appropriate Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
Please boot into your working Windows OS and check the DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager (rght click onto the Controller > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_07751025&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_07751025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

shown in windows 8

@ rishialways:

Thanks for the HardwareIDs.
Since you obviously have chosen the correct Intel SATA AHCI Controller while integrating the modded Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, the BSOD at the first reboot must have been caused by something else.
This is what I suggest to do:
1. Restart the XP installation by booting off the nLited XP image.
2. When the XP Setup is going to restart the system, hit F8 while rebooting and choose the option “Don’t reboot at system failure”.
3. If you should get the BSOD again, note the error message and post it.