[HELP]Acer VN7-591G NVMe.

AimZz4mc-9Y <<------- youtube video have include biosreg.rar link
I have a vn7-591g, I modified the M2 socket hardware to support NVME SSD reading and writing
Now the system has been installed on NVME SSD, but it needs to use Clover or DUET to load NVME driver to start OS
I hope someone can modify the BIOS to support booting from NVME
Thank you

Can vn7-592g_nvmExpressdxe be used?

@kimouser64 - You cannot use someone else biosreg.bin file, you need to do yourself, and tell me what error you get at step #2 in below spoiler (send me file from step #1)
Also, no, you cannot use other model BIOS either

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

FPTw64.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
result is complete

AimZz4mc-9Y <<------- youtube video have include biosreg.rar link and FPTw64.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin result image
result

@kimouser64 - Please add link here, I don’t want to go to youtube to find a BIOS download link, without even having a youtube link here either?? Thanks

If this is Intel CPU, go ahead and also do the following below, and include this file in new link and or new package with biosreg.bin and FPT write attempt image

Please download the following package, and run the command below from each versions folder that directly contains it’s exe.
Before doing this, make sure you have secure boot disabled in BIOS, any BIOS password removed, and TPM/Encryption disabled.
^^ This needs to be done before you dump BIOS region as well, but not really important right now because you will make a new biosreg dump after you write back unlocked vars anyway, and then you will send me that to be unlocked
Once done, copy the entire folder somewhere, delete everything but any created vars.txt and then repackage this and send to me, this way all created vars.txt remain in place in the folders of the version that created them.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…212104496994806

H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt

sorry New members do not have permission to place web links
vars file link is Place below the youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimZz4mc-9Y

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oinLYy…iew?usp=sharing
it is my bios

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BOkAJ7F…iew?usp=sharing
FPTw64.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin result is complete

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XcLZVi-…iew?usp=sharing
BIOS vars file

@kimouser64 - Thanks! You only needed one post here, then you can add links
So you already disable BIOS lock, or it was not enabled, good We don’t need to edit vars then, just do NVME to mod BIOS and you flash it back with FPT
Here you go, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregnvme.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…107655083683262

Thank you very much bios has successfully loaded nvme win10 os, no other external drivers are needed

@kimouser64 - You’re welcome!! Good to see no issues, and you already loaded Win10

Hello Guys,
I have the same board (acer-vn7-591g) and would like to use a NVMe SSD. I have already tryed to add the NvmExpressDxe Module to my bios and flashed it back but can not see/use the NVMe SSD, the tutorial I used is this [HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Here is my clean and modified bios dump: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

I hope anyone can help, thanks.

Read step 4 again, the disk presence in bios its referenced.

thank you for the fast replay.
I can’t see it at the install step either (attached the picture). The SATA Controler was disabled and the HDD removed, that only the NVMe SSD is connected.
IMG_7940

@maxx
Your bios mod seems correct so its another issue here, its an InsydeH2O bios so i cant debug much more here his bios.

Check the NVMe disk on another system or theres an issue with the slot/motherboard.

EDIT: A small search on the web, found same issue on this model on Acer forums, no NVMe detected/supported. Saw also a user who had made a circuit modification to the motherboard to enable NVMe so… take out your conclusions but seems that the NVMe DXE is not the primary issue on this motherboard.

As its also stated in the 1rst post… The HARDWARE was modified.

I had found this post, too but thought maybe it will work without this modification.

So than no NVMe for me :frowning_with_open_mouth:

@MeatWar thank you for your support.