Help adding CPU Microcode to Dell 7060 BIOS?

Can anyone share a working bios for the 7060 micro to use my I9-9900t ES ?

hi,I’ve been following this post for a few days and read all the posts. I saw your follow-up support in bios-mods. I’d like your advice. (I wanted to consult you on bios-mods, but I haven’t been approved for registration and the review process is too slow.)

My machine is also an Optilex 7060 SFF. I noticed that the machine’s label said I7, and I upgraded to the latest BIOS v1.27.0 from the official website. The official website supports 8700 CPU, but when I installed the 8700es (qn8h) on the machine, it wouldn’t light up, the fan ran wildly, and the power indicator flashed 2 or 3 times. I found out on the official website support that it didn’t detect the memory, so I thought there was a problem with the memory. But when I replaced it with i3-8100t, it could boot normally. So the problem seems to be that 8700es (qn8h) is still not supported.

I’ve searched a lot of information and everyone said that the process for 8700es (qn8h) is the same as the official version of 8700. However, it can’t light up on my 7060 SFF. I have a few questions:

1. Is this a BIOS or CPU problem?

First of all, the CPU problem. 8700es (qn8h) can be lighted up on another b365m motherboard. But I wonder if it’s because of a bug in the es test version? Or is it simply that the q370 motherboard of Optilex 7060 SFF doesn’t have the required microcode added by the official?

Can I solve this problem by flashing in the OptiPlex_7060_1.27.0_ucode.zip that you provided? I’m a beginner, so I apologize if I ask any stupid questions. Thank you.

hi,
According to your request, I have extracted desc.bin and bios.bin. I saw “a specific Intel microcode for a retail or ES/QS CPU” when discussing another post. I checked my CPU “Processor core” in cpu-world: Coffee Lake-S. I saw “906EA Coffee Lake-S, Coffee Lake-S Xeon E (U0)” in the ES post, but I’m not sure if it includes my CPU 8700es (qn8h). If possible, could you help me to add the microcode “906EA Coffee Lake-S, Coffee Lake-S Xeon E (U0)” under “Socket 1151v2 (LGA)” in the ES post to my BIOS? Thank you very much. By the way, where can I learn this tutorial on how to add microcode?

ES post: [OFFER] Intel CPU Microcode Archives
cpu-world: https://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/QN/QN8H.html
Dell_7060SFF_v1.27.0_bios.zip (5.3 MB)

A successful application of the above on a 7060 SFF to install an i7-9700.

Download CSME Tools v12 (e.g. r24).
Download MMTool (e.g. MMTool Aptio 5.02.0024).

1. Open an elevated command prompt:
    1.1) Navigate to Intel CSME System Tools\Flash Programming Tool\WIN64
    1.2) Get a dump of current BIOS via >fptw64.exe -d 7060SFF_bios.bin -bios

2. Download latest 906EC and 906ED microcode files from CPUMicrocodes/Intel at master · platomav/CPUMicrocodes · GitHub

3. Use MMTool to:
    3.1) Load and insert 906EC and 906ED to CPU list (use microcode files)
    3.2) Save 7060SFF_bios_06ec_06ed.fd

4. Shutdown the computer.

5. Put 7060 SFF motherboard in service mode: move jumper to middle pins (near front centre of motherboard under DVD drive).

6. Reboot. You will see a message and need to ‘retry boot’ to get into Windows.

7. Open an elevated command prompt
    7.1) Navigate to Intel CSME System Tools\Flash Programming Tool\WIN64
    7.2) Flash BIOS using >fptw64.exe -f 7060SFF_bios_06ec_06ed.fd -bios

8. Shutdown

9. Restore ‘Service Mode’ jumper on motherboard to default.

10. Check the computer starts up.