Help extracting AGESA OrochiPI v1.5.0.6 from (Dell Server BIOS M915 Version 3.2.2)

Well, if you look at my post above, i’m showing you that 0x600084f microcode in the picture

That is true but when I check it in the registry or using AIDA64 I see 1.5.0.2

I had to revert back to older microcode because this one messes badly with my cpu fan. Luckily i’m constantly monitoring my cpu temp, because the fan stopped spinning. While playing i know my fan makes some noise to keep things cool, than i got suspicious when i didn’t hear the usual noise. I opened the cabinet and the fan was not spinning!!!. So i’m not saying don’t try, but make sure to monitor temps,maybe for you will work correctly or maybe not, no idea.

Hello regit, wonder if you can update the FD version of my bios with the 0600084F cpu microcode? Want to test if the fans stop with the original bios with updated microcode too.

Hello Modfreakz & other interested people,

Sorry for late (I know very late) feedback.
I tried the BIOS ASRock 990FX Extreme6 Mod_v1.22 some years ago & I remember I had nearly the same problem like end_of_the_666 told us.
BIOS updating was no problem and booting, too. But in BIOS there was no display of the actual type/capacity of RAM.

So updating AGESA DXE Driver was not functing - maybe because of it’s a must to update the other related files too.

Now I have new BIOS from my “new” Sapphire Pure Black 990FX Board with AGESA OrochiPIv1.1.9.0 incl. old microcode for FX-8350 (CPUID 0x00600F20) version 0x0600081F.
I could replace the mc with newer version 0x0600084F, but UBU v1.69.10.2 couldn’t read it again. But the old UBU 1.90RC2 could do that.

Maybe it’s a problem of checksum or other BIOS module related to the AGESA OrochiPI.
1. How can I solve the checksum problem?
2. Is there possibility to update the AGESA OrochiPI (AmdAgesaDxeDriver)?
3. Could there be a problem with old AGESA 1.1.9.0 and new microcode 0x0600084F?

Best regards, MiMo

I did it & it’s running. :slight_smile: