Help me pls to unlock hidden menu in ASUS GL753VE

I unlocked from the Bios level, turned off security and dumped. FTP allowed me to dump. Do you additionally need to unlock anything additionally? Does this copy have all MAC SN card data etc.? I don’t want to lose it.

@krzychunh - You need to disable BIOS Lock, as I explained in post #18. You cannot do that from BIOS, and you can always dump BIOS region with FPT, this is not an issue.
After you disable BIOS Lock in Grub w/ setup_var, then make NEW dump with FPT using new bane, and try to write it back, once you can write it back, then send me the new dump.
Basically, see post #18, first part, do that. Then boot back to windows and do FPT spoiler step #1 with new biosregnew.bin name, then test step #2, if success then upload biosregnew.bin for me to unlock.
Yes, your BIOS region dump has all your system specific info it it, and that will remain in place

I already have the option to unlock the bios, do I still need to follow these steps? =)

Please clarify what you mean you “already have option to unlock the bios” This is not an option in the BIOS, and you are asking for unlocked BIOS here, so you need to tell me exactly what you mean?
But to answer you anyway, yes, you need to do what I said, otherwise you can’t flash back in mod BIOS

I have Bios security options in Bios, if it was active I couldn’t rip FPT because it thrown an error 368, turning off bios protection, there was no error anymore dumped the bios to the bin file

@krzychunh - You can always dump BIOS with FPT, writing back (Step #2) is the issue where you see error 368
Test, can you write back your dumped BIOS region now >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If yes, then OK, I will mod for you and you flash back, if you can’t do FPT command above and get error 368, then you have to do what I mentioned.

As I wrote above, this is a bios dumped

biosreg.rar (3.41 MB)

@krzychunh - Sorry, maybe some translation issues? Yes, I know it’s dumped BIOS, can you write it back or not, this is the issue right now until you confirm OK >> FPTw.exe -bios -F biosreg.bin << Can you do that, and not get error 368, YES or NO??
If you cannot write it back, then you need to do as I mentioned at first part of post #18, if you CAN write it back, let me know

I did your steps but I have a 370 error

I dumped the bios again to see if something changed from 0x1 to 0x0

Section_PE32_image_Setup_Setup IFR

0x427C6 		Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x427C8 Variable 0x6A equals value in list (0x1) {14 08 6A 00 01 00 01 00}
0x427D0 Setting: BIOS Lock, Variable: 0x8AA {05 91 01 08 02 08 92 09 01 00 AA 08 10 10 00 01 00}
0x427E1 Default: 8 Bit, Value: 0x1 {5B 06 00 00 00 01}
0x427E7 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 (default MFG) {09 07 04 00 20 00 00}
0x427EE Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}
0x427F5 End of Options {29 02}

0x427C6 Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x427C8 Variable 0x6A equals value in list (0x1) {14 08 6A 00 01 00 01 00}
0x427D0 Setting: BIOS Lock, Variable: 0x8AA {05 91 01 08 02 08 92 09 01 00 AA 08 10 10 00 01 00}
0x427E1 Default: 8 Bit, Value: 0x1 {5B 06 00 00 00 01}
0x427E7 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 (default MFG) {09 07 04 00 20 00 00}
0x427EE Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}
0x427F5 End of Options {29 02}
0x427F7 End If {29 02}

biosreg.rar (3.42 MB)

@krzychunh - You cannot check changes made in grub/setup_var by extracting setup module, changes are not made there but are set in NVRAM instead.

Looks like you messed something up, or you need to reboot and try again (about error 370)

Thanks for your grub image, there you can see it was already 0x00, and then set again to 0x00, so all unlocked now.
You just need to reboot, dump BIOS region again with new name, and send me that file, then confirm you can write it back >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregnew.bin

* Edit - Hmm, not sure, looks like offset out of range, so could not be changed by grub/setup_var, but if that is correct readout initially, then it’s unlocked anyway.
If it is, then you can write back BIOS region without error 368, if you still get error 368 now, then I will have to show you how to check and change this from 01 if needed to 00 using DOS and RU program.

I have tried restarting Bios several times and the computer still has error 370. Try flash again bios ver 308 and try again?

@krzychunh - I only meant reboot windows, nothing to do with “restart BIOS” But, yes, if you can’t get anything working, flash stock BIOS again using EZ Flash method.
Delete old biosreg.bin and try to dump again, then try to write back. The error says it can’t recognize BIOS chip, but if it can read it to make new dump then it can read it to write back, so seems odd to have that error.
Make sure fparts.txt is in FPT folder. Also, you can try in DOS instead, to see if you still get same error.

In the end I succeeded, I moved the bios to the pendriver and executed the command there;)

apparently the path did not suit him, although it was good, as I wrote, I made the command on the G disk without any directories

biosreg.rar (3.42 MB)

@krzychunh - Great to see Progress! Yes, sorry I did not think to mention path previously, but sometimes long path or path with characters in it can cause issues.
I looked back at your image on first page, looked like OK path, but maybe grab win32 folder and put directly on desktop would help.
Here is your mod BIOS, flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…372433996552886

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user krzychunh at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not krzychunh, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Thank you very much I am grateful;)

@krzychunh - You’re welcome! So, mod BIOS is all OK, correct, and all unlocked now? If yes, great, thanks for report back

I’m going to install Windows 7 on this laptop, but bios doesn’t let me go, maybe you know what options and where to set it to be possible?

Hello, @Lost_N_BIOS

I have successfully disabled BIOS lock (so no error 368, and I can now flash the dumped bios back with fpt)
So now I have to submit the bios file to you to unlock right?

And when you give me the unlocked bios I just flash it the same way (ftpw.exe -bios -f NAME.bin)?

Thanks so much!

biosreg.zip (3.56 MB)

While this request is being processed, I would also like to know what this unlock allows the user to change.
@Lost_N_BIOS , surely there must be a tool that can examine BIOS for text strings or menu options and so on and present them in a nice list?

Thanks again.

@krzychunh - Sorry, I don’t know anything about that, other than I know all manufacturers are being forced by Intel/AMD/Microsoft to remove legacy compatibility as soon as possible
You may be able to change some ACPI related setting in BIOS that would help, I’m not sure? Advanced >> Intel RC ACPI + Advanced >> ACPI
Google 0x000000A5 Win7, and 0x000000A5 Win7 HM175, and see if you can find answers. You also may be able to find answer here, in the Win7 area of the forums, lots of users modify BIOS and ISO there to make systems work on new and old hardware

I assume you probably need ACPI Table mod BIOS, but I am not familiar with doing any of that.
@chinobino ^^ - Do you know what users here can do, and often help users here, with BIOS ACPI table edits?

Generally >> Secure Boot Disable (And disable Fast boot) + CSM Enabled + OS Type NOT Win8-10 (if such BIOS setting is there)
All this is in Boot Section of your BIOS, except Secure boot mode (it’s in Security), and the OS Type setting is not in your BIOS, but setting Fast Boot Disabled + Secure Boot disabled should set it to be legacy enough
CSM also in new Advanced, so be sure settings in both places match for what you change, they should auto change when you change one, but double check to be sure.

@MrCocoNuat - Yes, thanks. This allows you to change everything in the BIOS
Yes, you can make a list of settings, sort of, I will include it in package (IFR text from setup). If you find anything there you need, but it’s missing from BIOS, let me know and I will further edit for you
Here is unlocked BIOS, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…687268184491437

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user MrCocoNuat at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not MrCocoNuat, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!