[Help needed] ASUS laptop bricked after BIOS flashing

Hello, I’m sorry, my English is not good.

I can not use my computer at the monent, I am panic. T.T

Im using a laptop computer ASUS 's UX 21 A for four years. However, during this time, BIOS update failed and it can not be started. (The PC energizes, but does not enter BIOS, the screen is still dark.)<br /><br /><a href="Https://hardforum.com/threads/tools-to-flash-and-recover-bios-on-asus-p8xxx-boards-fd44editor-ftk.1726429/" target="_blank">Https://hardforum.com/threads/tools-to-f...or-ftk.1726429/</a><br /><br />So, as you read the above article, I was able to do a good job half way, but I can not open the BIOS file downloaded from the ASUS homepage with TOOL called &quot;FD44Editor&quot; by all means. Even if I change ASUS 's BIOS to ROM file or change it to Bin file, I get a &quot;Fatal error&quot; message, too. it has the following contents.<br /><br />Error parsing bios data.<br /> BOOTEFI signature not found.<br /> Please open correct ASUS BIOS file.<br /><br />Also, BIOS from a broken notebook computer was successfully read and saved with ROM writter called CH341A, but this FILE also displays a message same with the above, it can not be opened by FD44Editor.<br />As a result, I can not extract information such as MAC address, UUID, Motherboard S / N, I am giving up now.<br /><br />Could you please give me some advice? I am a beginner about all these things.<br /> (I am using Creator of Windows 10.)<br />Please, help me. Thank you.<br /><br /><br />BIOS file from my broken Laptop ASUS ux21a : dead bios.bin<br />BIOS file from the same Laptop(I got this from my friends laptop, it work`s nomally) : BACKUP.ROM
BIOS file from the asus homepage(this one is ver209, the latest ver is 216 which you can download from bottom LINK) : UX21AAS209.rom

ASUS HOMEPAGE BIOS Download page : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/UX21…2776.1502480962

dead bios.rar (3.44 MB)

BACKUP.rar (2.46 MB)

UX21AAS209.rar (2.38 MB)

I’ll try to reconstruct a working bios for your laptop, but will you be able to flash it on its eeprom ?

Thank you so much. you are so kind!

Yes I can do it, I have a ROM WRITTER which is CH341A (USB programmer).

I am going to wait. thank you again.

Try this new one please. I’ve fixed Bios Region as well as MEI Region.

UX21AAS209.ZIP (3.37 MB)

I really appreciate you. I will try this one and tell you. : )

It works perfectly!!!

I do not know how to tell you my gratitude. I really appreciate you!

I am so happy. How did you load the bios file by FD44Editor?

You are awesome! Incredible!

I did not use FD44Editor, as that tool works better with Asus motherboard bioses (desktop computers).

I’ve used Intel Flash Image Tool and built a new bios image keeping map data of the broken dump,
replacing only the bios region with the new one provided by the 209 bios link and the MEI region file.

I’m very happy to have fixed your issues.

I had difficulty for a week to fix this. But, you immediately fixed this and I was really surprised.

Thank you so much. you are so kind. Thank you, Thank you x 1000! :slight_smile:

I hope you can upgrade it to the latest one (216) without any issues at all.

As you said, I could upgrade it to the latest version.216 without any problems.

I could this thanks to you.

I really appreciate you. What can I do to reward for gratitude? ^^

Nothing. Enjoy your reborn laptop.

Thank you so much. ^^ ありがとう!You are so great!

Thank you so much the other day.

But I noticed that the LED of the keyboard do not light up.

Would you please check the BIOS ROM data which you uploaded for me before?

I bought the new keyboard but it did not work too. So, I think that the problem is bios.

I am so sorry to ask you again.

Thank you so much the other day.

But I noticed that the LED of the keyboard do not light up.

Would you please check the BIOS ROM data which you uploaded for me before?

I bought the new keyboard but it did not work too. So, I think that the problem is bios.

I am so sorry to ask you again.

Hello,
It’s nice that you fixed the laptop.
Did you disoldered the chip or you flashed it without disoldering?
Thank you.

Thank you for your question.

I flashed it without disoldering.

You can use this kind of thing → https://www.amazon.co.jp/SOIC8-%E3%82%B1…CGRX50HXD575KWD

Thank you very much.

@JUN

Try this bios test. I’ve reconstructed it taking your rom data (with the hope they have not been corrupted).

BIOS_TEST2.rar (3.38 MB)

Thank you. but It did not work.

I could find that the light of keyboard turned on, but that`s it. I could not boot the laptop. T.T