Help to unlock hidden menu in ASUS GL753VD

Thanks for the help @fv1862 So here’s my bios file after using the command you mentioned: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…242700835956368

I was under the impression it was supposed to be a .rom file instead of .bin, did I do something wrong or the extension can be changed just fine? Also, I used “Intel CSME System Tools v11 r20 - (2019-01-23)
For 100/200/Z370/H310C/B365/X299/C400/C620-series systems which run CSME v11” based on this in my Device Manager: https://prnt.sc/n24dtr

Edit: The images of the menus would be the same as @balearis posted since we own the same laptop model

HI @AlucardX1416 , you have done the right procedure, now flash the bios with the same procedure “FPTw.exe -F biosmod.bin -bios”.
You should see 2 more modules, CHIPSET and another ADVANCE, and I have swap you another more complete MAIN (if you see it empty, scroll down … ) . Let me know if you see everything…

BIOSMOD

Hi @fv1862 thank you so much! About to flash it and just a question, if flashed correctly is there a risk to this? Is one still safe if, tinkering with just the Bios menu specifically, doesn’t go as expected?

@AlucardX1416 - There is always risk to flash BIOS, even stock BIOS. Be prepared always, CH341A costs $2.50 and SOIC8 test clip cable $3.50 on ebay

It usually goes OK, provided mod is done correctly, same for stock = usually OK, but stuff happens so order recovery hardware now it’s too cheap to not own this (@Everyone)
Then cross fingers and flash mod BIOS, all should be fine, if not hopefully your recovery tools will arrive soon!

@fv1862 - thanks for helping

@AlucardX1416 , unfortunately there is always a minimum risk,
and in my opinion, there is a greater risk going to change the settings, where you don’t know…
there are some settings that, if you change them, you risk brick of notebook. The best thing,
as mentioned above, it is to have a programmer and a test clip, in case of emergency.

@Lost_N_BIOS @fv1862 Thanks for your time both of you! I’ll pull the trigger next month, since I have critical work to do with the laptop for the moment. Once I do I’ll make sure to come back and provide feedback of how it went :grin:

You’re welcome - Order tools now, it’s super cheap, then next month flash when you have tools in hand, then nothing to worry about

@Lost_N_BIOS The non-modified BIOS I uploaded is all the backup I need to stay safe/not permanently bricked in case something goes wrong, right?

@AlucardX1416 If you want to make a security backup of bios, you need to do a complete dump, "FPTw.exe -d dump.bin" (should be 8Mb)

Yes, as mentioned above you first need full BIOS dump (From pinmod to unlock FD Board) Via FPT as shown ^^

Or, a full dump with your programmer once it arrives. Then yes, once you have that and are sure it’s valid and good, you or someone checked for you, then you can always recover with that file.

With the FPT BIOS region dump you uploaded, that’s partial BIOS, only BIOS region, so if failed flash or something later you can only restore that into a full BIOS dump from someone else or one you saved, found online etc.
It will be missing your LAN MAC ID, everything else important yes is in that BIOS region FPT Dump. So, if you write down your MAC ID Now, then yes you can always restore since rest of dump is easy to find and replace with your LAN MAC ID into GbE region and then replace your BIOS region dump, and done = complete BIOS.

Hi guys, I’m back with some feedback :smiley: I said “screw it” and dared to pull the trigger. The whole process was buttery smooth and without any hassle. First thing I looked for once in the modded menu was PROCHOT settings and successfully changed it from stock 15 to 3 as you can see here: https://prnt.sc/n4evum

@fv1862 @Lost_N_BIOS I can’t possibly thank enough both of you! Thanks for your amazing work and time!

@AlucardX1416 - glad all went smoothly and that you were able to change the setting you needed!

Hey guys! Newbie here when it comes to bios mods and anything so do with hex. I’m going to make sure I understand what I’m doing before attempting anything. But I did have a question. I hav e the GL753VD laptop as well. So I was wondering if the uploaded files would work for me, or do I have to run through the initial dumb steps on the previous page and get my own flashable file. Thanks in advance!

@InsanePostman - no, don’t use BIOS posted, you will loose your serial, UUID and other board specifics. Make your own FPT dump, and send to me, then I can unlock for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS Hi again. Sorry for reviving this post yet again, but I don’t really know anywhere else to resort to. Plus it’s still relevant to the topic, I would say.

I just bought a G-Sync compatible external monitor, taking the gamble and without knowing too much. I was hoping my DisplayPort would allow G-Sync to work, alas, it doesn’t: https://prnt.sc/osuxt8 https://prnt.sc/osuy9v

Any possibility I can get G-Sync working + the performance boost for disabling the iGPU? Thanks to the modded BIOS or whatever other option? Thanks in advance!

Sorry @AlucardX1416 I have no idea what is G-Sync, nor what is "Performance Boost for disabling iGPU"
Most laptops you cannot disable one GPU and enable another only, most have to have both enabled, or at least the Intel one enabled or no output to display.
So most BIOS for laptop do not offer Muxed options, only Muxless (which is all your BIOS offers as you can see at Advanced >> Switchable Graphics). You do have many display options in Chipset menu, but most will leave you will black screen if you try to enable/disable one controller for another etc.
You can try though, if you have flash programmer, make a backup first and make sure it’s a valid BIOS dump before you proceed.

@Lost_N_BIOS G-Sync is Nvidia’s implementation of Adaptive Sync (AMD’s being FreeSync), if that rings some bells. A requirement to be able to use it, is having a direct physical connection between the monitor and Nvidia GPU. You also get a performance bump when you don’t have Nvidia Optimus enabled, since the iGPU works as a bridge between the display and dGPU by passing the frames processed by the latter, taxing some performance.

I was hoping it was maybe switchable in BIOS, but seeing as it’s Muxless, I guess my DisplayPort wires to the iGPU only and G-Sync would be impossible in this laptop :frowning:

If you have any idea, please let me know. Thanks anyway!

Sorry, I don’t know what either is, but I am an AMD user and I think that’s to help with screen tearing correct, cutting down the vertical/horizontal lines to a matched pace?
I assumed you meant something like disable Intel with some of your latter questions, this is not possible on this system due to the BIOS and probably physical traces are not there on the board too.

Worst of all is that I emailed Asus before buying the monitor and they said G-Sync would work :confused:
Some gaming laptops have the HDMI wired to the iGPU, while DisplayPort goes directly to the dGPU. This allows the dGPU to become the primary GPU, bypassing the iGPU’s performance reduction and enabling Adaptive Refresh (G-Sync/Freesync) Rate while using an external monitor. I’m to understand such laptops require “Muxed” capability (whatever that is) which mine doesn’t allow? Could you please tell me a bit about it?

This is all I know about the possible settings - https://leshcatlabs.net/forums/printthread.php?tid=55