[HELP] Unlock Advanced hidden menu from bios of Samsung Odyssey Notebook

If I’m reading that right the 1070/1080 are nothing like the 2070/2080, not even remotely close, completely different architecture and performance levels. You can flash RTX cards though to get more out of them, because I’m feeling lazy rather than explain it all here is a link with the information; Clicky. I never used any dirty Windows tweaking tools for NV cards all BIOS level tools to hard set things although I will say OS level software tends to always have conflicts with other software so shut down as many background processes as you can if you have to go down that route to avoid inevitable problems. Mobile parts really aren’t, and never have been, made for OCing however I really wouldn’t even attempt it too much heat for the puny cooling system to handle and the OC just ends up pulling too much power murdering battery life. If all you want to do is expose some hidden options for more system flexibility though just set them to "User" with something like AMIBCP that will move them in to user space. Some options are also duplicates of others in different menus so watch out for that. Lastly, even just exposing some options can be risky not all flash utilities have something like a checksum/CRC check so will flash regardless and you’ll be left with a brick because the CRC/checksum is invalid.

@ket - thanks! he just wants to change TDP from 80 to 100 in vBIOS, but yes, I agree with you about temps/batter here.
My main question to you was about the flashing of mod BIOS for this series, from what I gathered (on the mobile pascal page and one at OCN too I think) it’s only possible via programmer
I think the software linked can do that TDP edit OK, and checksum I can fix if it doesn’t, so that leaves only the flashing in question, which I’d do via programmer anyway that way you make FULL backup first and know you can recover if bricked.

Yes, AMITINSDS2.rom was OK, but AMITINSDS3.rom = black screen.

My programmer dumped vBIOS:

myDumpProgrammerSamsungVbios.zip (676 KB)

@Lost_N_BIOS If I remember correctly there is a updated modified nvflash that bypasses the checks and allows for flashing different manufacturers vBIOS to a card but the only point in doing it is to get a higher TDP value so the card will boost higher, programmer isn’t necessary but as that modded nvflash can be difficult to find programmer is probably the easiest way to go.

@mediadoctor - Thanks for confirmation about that, DS3 should work OK then too? I will redo it, maybe I missed something, but I checked and all looks OK
*Edit - no dice, I redid, hex match to what I already sent you. So, something must be blocking chipset that I don’t see and it causes the brick. That, or maybe it was a bad flash/programming, did you try it twice ever just to be sure all went in OK first time?
What do you need inside chipset? Which submenu? Maybe I can swap that submenu for some submenu inside advanced that you don’t need (like “Health Driver” submenu which is always empty)
Here is TDP mod vBIOS, erase chip first then program in (80000mw target and max changed to 100000mw + Power Slider changed to adjustable) - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…469396449011616

@ket - thanks! I do think I know where that NVFlash is, but from what I read it may brick certain vBIOS anyway (like this one) and programmer is required?
I guess only user testing can tell us for sure on this one, at least he has programmer in advance

After flashing vBios, the display backlight works but it remains black :frowning:

You must put it in there with flash programmer, not flash. If that also fails, let me know, I will ask ket if he will mod it for you in case that app is breaking something

Yes, i flash vBios with programmer, twice :frowning:

@mediadoctor OK, then this app breaks your BIOS. Please wait, I will ask ket if he will mod it for you

@ket - Will you please manually mod this vBIOS (in attachment at post #23) to “adjustable Power slider” and 100W TDP, seems Mobile Pascal TDP tweaker 1.20 breaks BIOS (1.21 not compatible, probably for this known reason)
Thank you for your time!

yes, i thing the same

--------------------

@ket i will try to be of service to you

@mediadoctor - If that is true then ket’s mod vBIOS wont be broken, he’s good at manual vBIOS edits!
If his also fails, then we know there is some signature in vBIOS that makes it so you can’t edit, I think he may be able to tell once he looks at vBIOS, but not sure on that.

Good news, i hope :+1:

@Lost_N_BIOS manual vBIOS edits for newer nvidia cards (Pascal onward) is impossible as nvidia started encrypting them any manual edit = instant brick. What can be tried though is download the Coolbits2 registy hack it’ll enable a bunch of extra stuff in the nvidia control panel which might get you a TDP slider.

@ket have you link for download Coolbits2 registry hack? I found only old version from 2004 :frowning:

I don’t have a link for coolbits 2, if you can’t find it try nvtweak that should be easier to find.

Yes, Coolbits2 is from 2004/2005 era Not something you want to use for current systems, but it’s out there in many places on first page of google, but unsure if it can be applied to current drivers

@ket
Are you seriously? This program is 15 years old. Sometimes if there is no answer, it is better to remain silent :man_facepalming:

-------------------------------

Lost_N_BIOS, no more options with vBios ?

Sorry, ket is only one I know that knows how to manually mod vBIOS, and he said you can’t with your kind of vBIOS. I could try again with tool I used before, but less changes (not add adjustable slider), in case maybe that caused issue?
But, from what ket said, if manual edit is not possible, then I assume application edits would all fail too, but maybe not since this app is widely used.
I will make new BIOS for you this afternoon, maybe it will work with less edits

* Edit @mediadoctor - here, just TDP change only, put on with programmer - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…807444958042464

Lost_N_BIOS, no more options with vBios ?

1. I never said it would work and made it pretty clear it was a long shot.
2. Why are you being a prick now to the people who can actually help you? What you ask is like trying to iceskate up a hill with the encryption nvdia use with their BIOSes now. Some people

- I just keep calm and carry on