Help with 890GPA-UD3H v2.1 Award BIOS mod for AM3+ CPU-s

Reading some BIOS guide i have downloaded IDA Pro Free(some old version) and loaded some BIOS-es and see how they are executed.
Loaded the FGc original and the last modded FGc that i ve made
Look here
The original FGc beta ,nice and tidy

My BIOS :slight_smile: ,clearely there is something wrong in the routine ,no need to be a coder to see it :slight_smile:

Most probable the chipset is not initialized as it seems it should be the first in the line as its module is somewhere to the end in there.:slight_smile:

That is interesting. It is new for me, that the Gigabyte Flash tools are checking deeper than just the checksum-8.
AFAIK the PhoenixTool is only BIOS modding tool, which is able to automaticly correct the BIOS checksum after having modified any BIOS mdule.

When I want to insert a new module, I modify it if needed (e.g. by customizing the DeviceID), but no other ones.

I have never done that (exception: the update of the AMD RAID ROM usually requires an update of the related assistance module named MISC.BIN as well).

I don’t think so.

Hey Guys, was the modding of the AM3 Board for FX Cpu successfull? At this time, i have a similar Project in a ZOTAC AM3 ITX Board.