How to? - AMD Microcode CPU update into an AMI BIOS (non-UEFI BIOS)

Yes, we work on BIOS all the time, we know it’s AMD board. MMTool microcode tab normally works on any AMI BIOS, Intel or AMD, and shows microcodes in the microcode tab, this isn’t not showing here only because it’s AMD board.

And yes, I know about the order of modules switching around, we already discussed this. Please, you keep in mind that we are not new to this and edit BIOS all the time, I have been editing BIOS with VERY high success rate for 10+ years.
So you don’t have to think we are new to this, or maybe don’t know what we’re doing or what the norm should be for various tools or BIOS types etc.
Only say this because of the replies you give, make it sound like you think we’re new to editing BIOS and only trying to help, we’ve been doing long time so don’t feel like we’re unknowledgeable

Thank you for info on the MISC.Sig and RAID. That sounds like a signature, I will check it out. How did you learn this is needed when replacing RAID modules? When you do this process for the RAID, are you extracting that module first and then putting back when you are done (Or replacing with original when you are done)?
That might be the key to all this if it is a signature, thanks for mentioning. Did you already try, updating microcodes in place via hex (and or replace modified E2 modules) and then also do the RAID/MISC too, then save? If that is signature and you pull then replace after RAID edit, then same might work for microcode edit too.

I have not that knowledge like Lost_N_BIOS, but some experience from the last years.

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS .Can you please remod an old bios from a gigabyte h67ma-usb3-b3. The new microcode 2f for 206a7 cpuid has been released and if you can can you update it? Also can you update the qflash module sbf.bin to 2.24? thanks again i have attached the stock and your old mod bios with every microcode updated to the latest at the time of the modding and also the sbf.bin.

h7mausb3-stock.zip (1.68 MB)

h7mausb3-mod.zip (1.69 MB)

QFlash 2.24.zip (9.85 KB)

@ektorasdj - Qflash module is above a sensitive module (GV3 - PPMInit), so had to do the long tedious way to preserve sensitive module location, you owe me 2 hours worth of free beer

BITCheck.png

PPMinit-MemInitEntryPointCheck.png

Cbrom-Check.png

uCodes-Updated.png

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…452172024255060

Flash using FlashSPI from DOS, due to Qflash change this is almost always required (or @BIOS = not suggested)

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks and i am sorry for your wasted time. If i knew it was so time consuming i would not tell you to help me… sorry again
Can i ask something ? whats exactly is dummy.bin? and now there are 26 instead of 25 roms is that a problem? Also Oemcode 0 changed to 1

Edit:
I flashed the modded bios and i couldn’t boot to anything and when i tried to go to qflash it froze.
i had to use a ch34a1 programmer .
can you mod the bios with only the microcode?
Thanks

Edit 2:
Managed to update only the microcodes and works fine. I will look into it about the qflash 2.24 and also i will try to update the ahci rom to 2.00h.
Thanks for all your help and sorry for this.

@ektorasdj - Sorry for the forced recovery, I didn’t expect that! It’s not a waste of time, I only mentioned to let you know it’s time consuming mod to do, only because of your BIOS layout… And I wanted a beer right then
Nothing to worry about, some mods I do take 8-10+ hours sometimes to figure out how to do one thing.

Sounds like it needs modified differently since it failed, or I made simple mistake maybe! There is a few ways to do this, I picked the easier of the two, but either way takes time and just depends on how often you do it, as to how long it takes.
Seems your BIOS needs the other way, or possibly the way I did would work if I switched those OEM module numbers back (Possibly, I did consider that could be an issue, maybe more-so than I expected )

The new Qflash can’t be compressed to exactly same size as the old (if only life could be that easy!), it’s 3 bytes less no matter how I compress it, Dummy.bin is inserted in place of the original Qflash, to maintain the exact location of the sensitive module below it (GV3-PPMINIT)
Due to that, and reinsertion of new Qflash, is the reason why there is now one additional module.

So, if you want, I can make you two more BIOS, one with new Qflash having same OEM module #, and another using other method instead of this one. I don’t like to be beat by a BIOS, so I will probably make you both (as in right now )
Before I make the other BIOS, try this quick fix one and see if it works or not (sorry, but be ready to recover again) - This is similar BIOS, but I did do a fresh rebuild and put the Qflash module back to OEM0 instead of OEM4
If it fails too, I will do the other way instead (extract all modules below Qflash, and replace one by one after dummy insert) Qflash Checksum will be 3100, but I think you will have to flash via DOS (always the case when Qflash version changes)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…935842629975819

Yes, microcode updates is easy, the only issue here is the Qflash change due to it’s location above a sensitive module.
AHCI Rom change will require similar edit as the Qflash module, since it’s above GV3-PPMinit too - I’ve not seen anyone confirm, or even mention, that 2.00is any better or faster than 1.20E