How to disable UEFI for legacy only boot on recent AMD Radeon GPUs

Could you mod rx 580 ? Linked original vbios. Could you mod rx 580? I used the tool but i would like to make it uefi only not legacy !

rx580.zip (103 KB)

Hi!would you be able to mod this bios or just delete gop in it.

Best Regards

Update: FIXED BY REMDALE. Thank You Kindly

@drbob
Hey bro!I’m amazed to see such impossible thing!
Could you help to make some detailed steps for us who wants to mod the VBIOS?

I SOLVE MY PROBLEM BY EDITING THE BIOS AND IT WORK LIKE CHARM THANK YOU FOR INFORMATION

bios.rar (108 KB)

@drbob

Radeon™ RX 460 WINDFORCE OC 4G - can someone delete gop ? cant use card @dp55kg intel

thx

---------------------

It has already been solved, sorry for the inconvenience

Baffin.rar (108 KB)

After some background reading I took the plunge and edited the BIOS for a cheap MSI rx470 mining card I picked up to upgrade an old HP Pavilion HPE.

I was feeling pretty worried about bricking the card (I don’t have a background in programming/hexadecimal) but it totally worked! Thanks @drbob !!

I am able to understand the hex editing and found the correct bit for my bios (a Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 8GB F90 BIOS, which I have attached in text format), but I cannot figure out how you were able to force the CRC back to the correct value of 0xCB00 (the CRC displayed in ATIFLASH).

All the CRC tools in HxD output values for CRC that are not even similar to the format 0xCB00. Can anyone assist?

EDIT: SOLVED IT!!! I decided to take a stab at changing a similar bit as OP, and it worked great! Now I’m literally typing this out on my Aurora R3 right now. I’ve attached screenshots for others’ future reference. Thanks everyone!!

GigabyteF90bios_dot_rom.txt (512 KB)

First Edit Change 00 to 80.jpg

Second Edit Change FF to 7F.jpg

Hello, would you please help me with my Xfx RX 470 Dual-Fan? I have an Asus ex-b150m-v3, and it simply won’t boot, because it’s not UEFI.
I would like to know if you could modify my Vbios, because I don’t know anything about editing HeX and I don’t want to brick my card.
Thanks in advance,
Dan

rx 470 orignal bios.zip (109 KB)

Hello, would you please help me with my Xfx RX 470 Dual-Fan? I have an Asus ex-b150m-v3, and it simply won’t boot, because it’s not UEFI.
I would like to know if you could modify my Vbios, because I don’t know anything about editing HeX and I don’t want to brick my card.
Thanks in advance,
Dan

The Asus is a UEFI system board… if the motherboard hadn’t EFI like a pré 2012/11, then yes the modification/delete of GOP in GPU ROM its a solution when it cant boot legacy (CSM/AUTO).
But this is not the case in the Asus EX-B150M-V3…

Thnx for reply but my xfx rx470 actually not booting (CSM/AUTO) mode so can you please mod my vbios ? other older gpu amd hd6750 bios detecting but Rx 470 did not?

Im using modified cpu i5 8500b from aliexpress and bios mod seller sent me can you guide what to change in system bios setting? or mod my vbios

So no booting in legacy mode, but does it boot in UEFI mode (CSM/Auto to disable) or not? The HD6750 its legacy vbios not EFI GOP so its correct.

EDIT: Edit ur post to add info, not new ones.
So the XFX doesnt boot on ur motherboard in UEFI or in LEGACY…strange, have u tried the card in another motherboard?

EDIT: Well my advise, since the XFX and the Asus both r recent HW and supporting UEFI, first test the graphics card in another system, before any attempts to eliminate the EFI GOP from the vBios, as this envolves risks to the user
and maybe the problem is the card itself, not a vBios problem, because its very strange in a modern UEFI motherboard the card (also UEFI supported) not showing any output in both modes. Good luck.

EDIT: Ur vbios dump seems (Image1 vBios/Imgage2 EFI GOP) correct by comparing a dump from TechPowerUp, using AMD GOP version 1.60 (latest can be updated to 1.70).

@Dan85
EDIT: Oh now u post anywhere in the forum AND NOW u tell us that u have a MOD BIOS for unsupported CPU and an unsupported 8500b from ur friends at Ali… ask them instead.
The funny part is u didnt remembered to tell this before…wonder why, smart genius people, always the same bxxxxxx.

U can now say “thank you” since the card is indeed OK in another system test… and didnt risk it in a possible vbios flash failure.

No in both modes no success and my hd6750 UEFI vbios is working fine and boot normal only had a problem with rx470

Sorry I didn’t get the other part by comparing things and can you please do it for me thanks cause I’m having an issue running Gopupd.bat it’s just blinking cursor on win10 nothing goes ahead

No, I didn’t try in another system cause I don’t have it. What would be the problem in my case card faulty or vbios issue?

Ok maybe modified CPU bios issue?

So what can i do to resolve this issue can you help me?

XFX Radeon™ RX 470 4G - can someone delete gop ? cant use card @Asus Ex-b150m-v3 intel

thx

Can you please make it so ill try thanks

Hello, sorry for bringin back this old post but i`ve read the thread and im noob in terms of modding, i have a Phenom X4 955, a mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H rev 1.0 and bought a RX 550 2GB Powercolor OEM. The problem is that the system boots rarely i have to power on and off several times until turns on, but is only this gpu, with an RX460 and the integrated works just fine, i think the card boots uefi first several times until one time go with legacy bios.

Could please someone help me with the Bios mod?

BIOS - RX 550 2GB GDDR5 OEM

yes