HP Insyde RSA signed UEFI mod?

I can’t tell from the images, what are these settings exactly? And which do you need, set to what?

One Of: mSATA, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x2EF,
One Of Option: Change, Value (8 bit): 0x2 {09 0E C3 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
One Of Option: View, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 0E C4 00 10 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00} << We can change this to one of the other by default, which do you want to be default here? Never mind, I see this is to allow edit of below option, correct?
One Of Option: Hide, Value (8 bit): 0x3 {09 0E C5 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

And same, which do you want default here (The other I assume, maybe, disabled as default? It’s enabled by default now, so maybe reverse psychology test to see if disabled will = enabled?)
One Of: mSATA, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x368
One Of Option: Enable, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 0E BF 00 10 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
One Of Option: Disable, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 0E C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

I checked the setting immediately following that, “Boost Converter” and I see it’s enabled in IFR and shows checked in your image, like you’d expect the mSATA to look as well since it’s also enabled in IFR - so I see what you mean.
Other modules may need swapped in too, but I wouldn’t be sure what all that might entail, and swapping in other modules (This one too) may cause issues due to each BIOS has it’s own Variable ID’s for each setting that point to/invoke other BIOS modules, if incorrect that can’t happen which is probably what’s going on here since this was not in your BIOS to begin with.

I see questionID for the enable/disable above, matches original BIOS question ID for “Flash Reader” this could be causing the issue, not sure, but we can’t do anything about this since mSATA not in your BIOS originally.
However, both VarStore/VariName for each mSATA setting is not used in the original module, so maybe instead of swapping in that module, we can add these settings into the original module.
Sometimes this is possible, other times it simply breaks the module no matter what, verified by 1KB messed up IFR output after edit. I will try working on this, and if I can get it I will let you know.

*Edit - no luck with that, no matter what I do it breaks IFR output at 72KB making only partial IFR output, even with header correct as is post-insert, size correction and header put back, checksum correction etc.
All same, tested both single setting insert and then both, so no go for that

Even the PlatformSetup module breaks my Windows boot, I have UEFI dual boot with grub2.
I tried adding HPVariables but that also didn’t help. I would also have to solder wires to the pads to test the port because the SATA traces to the miniPCIe slot are missing solder bridges.
https://i.postimg.cc/bJxGFJqR/IMG-20181204-222124.jpg
The port that is missing is port2, it is mentioned in the original 2570P SMBIOS

https://i.postimg.cc/3w3zDfdJ/IMG-20181204-222603.jpg

I tried the PlatformSetup from the HP EliteBook 9470m, this time the mSATA setting appears without any IFR mods and I can enable it without problems and the change is persistent after reboot. I checked in Linux but still only three SATA ports as before. Also I tried booting Windows 10 now without grub2 but it still keeps sniping the dots forever. The PCIe and SATA configuration is stored in the FADT table? Since I’m already using setpci and grub2 to enable PCIe ASPM that would probably be a case of the the right bytes.

https://i.postimg.cc/Zb5d1WPW/Screenshot-20181204-232141.png

Did you try it unedited, it may break boot that way too, due to what I mentioned about the ID’s and such, since it’s not correct module for this BIOS.
Sorry, wrote that out before I read your second reply, that’s great the other module works now for visible setting already and enable sticks!
Sorry, I am unable to advise on the rest of the stuff you mentioned Hopefully someone else will chime in that knows about those kind of edits.

I know this topic is already two years old. But can you maybe tell me more about how you solved the RSA part? I was about to send you a message instead of replying here, but I guess this could be very useful for others as well.

Thanks in advance!

I know this topic is already two years old. But can you maybe tell me more about how you solved the RSA part? I was about to send you a message instead of replying here, but I guess this could be very useful for others as well.

Thanks in advance!

I am interested in jumping rsa in order to force the dedicated gpu, if you could help me I would appreciate it

Looks like he edited the binary in IDA and changed the assembly code for a jump condition.

Do you know how i could do it with my hp laptop ?, i want to force the dedicated gpu

There are not so many ways to find internal check: 1, 2, 3.
Does not work with newest versions.

hey mate, can you help me remove the rsa verification on my bios? hp omen 15 2018 model 1014np
bios from hp website for the lattest version, I can provide the older versions as well and bios dump
bios.zip (8.4 MB)