[Request] Coffee-Lake I7-8700K on ASUS Sabretooth Z170s

Hey all was wondering if u could help I just need to know whether it’s possible to use my 8700k in my ASUS Sabretooth Z170s mobo with ur bios tool n hardware update on Cpu??
I’ve watched the videos n looks quite easy thanks for a great job with the tool who ever makes it it’s awesome looking!
If u think it’s possible like I’ve seen has anyone got a link for the tool Cheers
OR has anyone got by any slim chance a pre- modded bios for the ASU’s Sabretooth z170s and the 8700k i7 thankx in advance :sunglasses:

[GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

Thanks a lot mate
I think my board is quite rare so not sure if I’ll b that lucky finding a pre- modded bios for me n my 8700k
Maybe I’ll have the balls to try the tool hey
Cheers anyway for the quick response bless

@Cris1 Welcome to Win-Raid forums.

The hardest part is flashing a modified BIOS to an Asus motherboard.

Asus motherboards usually have some protections that stop you from writing to certain regions of the BIOS EEPROM (e.g. flash descriptor, ME region).

It is recommended to use a hardware programmer (such as the ch134a which can be bought for cheap on ebay) and make a full backup of the BIOS before you attempt to write anything to the BIOS chip.

Here are some useful threads regarding the various BIOS locks: