Insyde H2OFFT V5.55 - Invalid firmware image

Done. deleted.
Hope I didn’t keep you waiting. It always takes time.

this time I got an error:
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
IHISI: Extra Data communcation error in SMI!
SMI Return Code: 0x00

I tried to change the logo in the 1.11 version you sent with H20EZE (Easy BIOS Editor)
and I got the exact same error as v1.12 you sent

What in the world is extra data BTW? That’s an unanswerable question. Although I do not think that this error occurred due to the fact that this time I had to merge two BIOS files into one because I did not find a copy with the SPI chip on the network, I could be wrong. To check this, please do the normal update to 1.12 and then try to rollback to 1.11 with the archive you received from me.

Hm. And without changing the logo, can you still reproduce the situation happened in the first time?

Okay, I’ll try now

yes without editing it accepts the file and system reboot with black screen, same thing as before.

@Sweet_Kitten hmm, that’s strange,
I flashed the 1.12 stock version,
then I tried to flash the 1.11 you sent (Which was flashing and rebooting) but now It gives me the “IHISI: Extra Data communcation error in SMI! SMI Return Code: 0x00” error.

and then I tried to flash the 1.12 you sent, and it accepts it this time and I got the black screen again.

I really don’t know what is going on here :smiley:

@w4po
Now we know that it correlates in a way H2OFFT don’t proceeds if the bios has any difference to current installed. And this is probably because it verifies the identity. The BIOS is read each time by the program to determine the version. I will try to disable this.

@Sweet_Kitten

Here is a video of normal flashing:

and here is a video while flashing legacy version you’ve sent:

@w4po

It seems I can’t do this. The part of reading is essential in the work of H2OFFT, so disabling it correctly is too problematic.
I prepared two more archives: deleted, deleted.

The first possibly skips the error, and in the second I decided to enable PFAT mode flashing.

I’ve tried both, first one still getting the same error,
second one system reboots right away before even the bar loads,
and got a black screen again.

I am trying to reverse engineer v1.12 you sent to bypass that error,

it seems the problem is inside the function at the following address (in v1.12): 0040A48E | E8 88230100 | call <h2offt-w.sub_41C81B> | sub_41C81B
after the function returns there is a check: 0040A493 | 807C24 16 00 | cmp byte ptr ss:[esp+16],0

I tried to change the 0 to 1 and the system reboots right away before the bar load and got a black screen same thing as the PFAT version you sent

@w4po
PFAT definitely has no perspectives. I will try to resolve the issue of legacy flashing for the last time. Searching for 80000141h index to patch .dll, I hope the error will gone.
deleted.

Got this "This is not a PFAT image".

anyways Thank you very very much for your time, and all the help.

I think what is left is force flash with CH341A programmer or something,
But I can’t get my hand on it now, so I’ll keep trying with the software approach for now.

Again, Thank you very much for all the help <3

Hi! I have just stumbled upon this post, as i am having issues with flashing too.
Do you have a new link for the patched version? The one you put seems to be deleted.

Patched doesn’t mean it works. I don’t have a link for a working version, beacuse I never succeeded in patching one.