[InsydeH20 F.49 REV3.7] Is it possible to unlock advanced menu!?

Oh, alright. Then Ill use your bios mod for reference. But i cant fiind any tool to convert .fd to normal bin file :DDD
also another question, why does the red error appear ? is it beacuse the rsa check passed?
at first, when I saw it, I thought the bios didn’t install so thats why I got that error.

“.fd” is just an extension. It doesn’t matter to our needs. The BIOS file becomes suitable for flashing using the programmer after using PhoenixTool on it. This will decrypt it.

The error message appears due to a special update mechanism. The reason for this error is that Hewlett-Packard has foreseen the possibility of a failure during the upgrade process. However, this had an impact on security. I believe that it was intended to pass the RSA check even if a copy of the Pre-EFI-Initialization volume(part of the BIOS containing the F6B211E8 -…) is broken. Therefore, both of them were left functional, but the identity of each other is still being verified. I don’t know how to make InsydeFlash flash all PEI volumes.

“.fd” is just an extension. It doesn’t matter to our needs. The BIOS file becomes suitable for flashing using the programmer after using PhoenixTool on it. This will decrypt it.

ok, so after decrypting it with phoenixtool and comparing that module, I found only one change of instruction and I applied the change. So, let me know if i missed something :)).
if this is enough, then I guess I can start to do the menu unlock, which I also dont know where to start xD.

unknown.png

Just one byte of changes. And it works great.

FE3542FE MODULE

pic.jpg

sp106103.zip (633 KB)

Okay, Ill try to do this a bit later. But there is another idea I have in my head. Since the conditions are checking for the menu id, can we change the menu id to something random, so the condition is always false. like,
frommov ecx, 1DBh to mov ecx, FFFFh. In a sense it should work, right?

@1nxpired
Menus ID’s are actually ID’s of strings. But for what reason they go out of order like 1DBh, 1DCh…?
So this is because there are many strings of names between them. You are free to do whatever you want, but I will tell you what happens if you do FFFFh: in 1F7B9 byte string package of specifically your BIOS there are exactly 7E4h different ID’s, and changing to an incorrect one or going beyond the limits will give a black screen on startup.

@Sweet_Kitten I finally got my SPI programmer after waiting for so long. And with your mod it worked flawlessly ;DDDD
but now the problem is, I cant seem to be able change the configuration for ConfigTDP levels, it is hard coded to 15watts. Do you know any mod thats used to change these hardcoded values?

IMG_20210916_200328.jpg

IMG_20210916_200216.jpg

1 Like

I have seen some threads about modifications of this kind. Unfortunately, I did not investigate how these mods was done, and now I can’t find any, so if you find one, let me know. I can’t figure out how to do this on my own. Ima stupod.

nah bro if it werent for you I wouldnt have still figured out how to unlock my bios. meanwhile, I found source code for insyde bios for some device. but I cant find anything useful because from the intel datasheets the ctdp registers are read-only for this processor so the bios only reads these values but doesnt have any functionality to change it. So, I’m kinda lost right now. I think I should create a new thread for this, maybe that will bring someone’s attention who might know how to deal with it.

hello, how did you release the advanced tab in the bios? Can you release the bios download?