Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

I’m damn good.

11.6.20.1221.rar (4.3 MB)

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

11.8.96.4657_CON_H_DA_PRD_RGN.bin can be flashed in Linux using Intel (R) Firmware Update Utility Version: 11.8.94.4518
I don’t have another newer version for Linux, does anyone?

@ibsajc

The utility doesn’t need to match the FW Image version.
It’s not a requirement for flashing, its common sense to use the closest version to the FW image, preventing discrepancies.

EDIT: When available…usually a user will share it. Or start digging yourself for it, the forum will appreciate your effort and findings…

1 Like

That’s why I asked if there is a newer version.

EDIT: Until now I was looking for them from Fujitsu, HP, but lately they haven’t appeared anymore!

Guys need help asap!
My FwUpdLclApp.efi does not contain help/usage/exp info.
Never seen such keys before, FwUpdLclApp.efi /p /s /i /d /g
Can someone explain this ?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there’s a comprehensive list of ‘CSME System Tools’ versions to download, either here or from another download store?

Thanks

hi,My motherboard is GA-B85M-D3H v1.2. The official bios shows that the ME version is 9.0.30.1482 (5MB). I downloaded ME 9.0 5MB v9.0.31.3488.rar from mega (8.82M after decompression). When writing with fptw, it warns that the file size is incorrect, so I terminate the writing. Is this version compatible?

Don’t use an unconfigured firmware as a region

Thank you! I have no problem using these ME when updating other Asus motherboards. I have not tried updating ME for Gigabyte yet.

Updating is done by FWUpdLcl, the files from the repository can be used for this.

Writing a ME region via fptw needs the ME to be re-initialized as described in this guide:

I can’t find the ME file that can be used on this motherboard.
The ME version I backed up with fptw for this motherboard is: 9.0.30.1482 (5MB)
The ME 9.0 5MB v9.0.31.3488.rar provided on mega is 8.82M after decompression
The size difference is too big, it feels unsuitable for this motherboard?

Irrelevant, FIT will correct the size, working on region only one might add padding manually.

Regular update using repository to 9.1.40.1000

This is on a GA-B85M-DS3H-A recently updated and flashed.

This is the last official version of the bios:
mb_bios_ga-b85m-d3h_f15.zip (4.9 MB)
This is the backup I made using fptw after updating nvme:
d3h_nvme.rar (4.7 MB)

The size of the ME file exported by uefitool is about 5MB, so I have been looking for a new version of ME with a size of 5MB

Please help me see which version of ME is suitable for updating this motherboard, thank you!
@lfb6 @MeatWar

Use MEA to identify the ME SKU of the bios and choose the appropriate update from the repository.
That’s it, nothing more to do if this is just a regular update and system bios integrity is OK.

Which part don’t you understand?

Look into the first post of this thread and download

• ME System Tools v9.1
    For ME v9.0 - v9.1

Use the latest ME 9.0 5MB firmware from the repository with the FwUpdLcl command on a running system.

OR

Open your dump in FIT, decompose, exchange your ME region in the decomposed folder with a newer one from the repository and re- composer a firmware image. (See already linked thread)

=> This is all explained in the first post of this thread. Please read it.

1 Like

Downloaded from mega (ME 9.0 5MB v9.0.31.3488.rar, ME 9.1 5MB v9.1.45.3000.rar) rar, the size after decompression is 8.82MB, using MEA to analyze the sku shows 5MB, I will try it. Thank you!

The type and size are a little different

I have updated several asus motherboards before, and the file sizes after decompression of the corresponding versions downloaded from mega are similar. This time I was misled by the large difference in file size and thought it was incompatible. I dare not update.

Sir… you only get similar sizes when the revision number is near the one in this system… new FW images revisions are bigger but the tool knows how to deal with the update and structure.
You want to see more discrepancies… then download the whole 9.1 repository, extracted them all (the 5Mb SKU’s) and tell me if they shrink or grow in size…lol, care yourself…you can get “scared”!!!

Final advice… if dont feel comfortable with the operations, stay put and remain with a healthier motherboard, simple.

1 Like

Tried to update without any problem.
Thank you very much @lfb6 @MeatWar
I have a chip programmer, but no programming clip, and the bios is not removable, so I am more cautious^_^