Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Thanks for your time digging out the thread for me. I am still on Sandy bridge and the bios is an old 2.00. I realize that it is way too difficult for me. I’d better leave it as is.
I also got an Asrock Z77 which has been updated according to the detailed instructions on this forum, thanks again.

@plutomaniac

I also have an ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z motherboard. It’s a Z68 chipset but the latest official BIOS has firmware Version 8.0.2.1410. Should I be flashing Intel ME 8 Consumer 1.5MB Firmware v8.1.65.1586? ASUS never released Windows 10 drivers for it but seems to run fine with the latest Chipset and IME drivers.

-------[ ME Analyzer v1.4.13 ]-------
Database r46

File: MaximusIV-GENE-Z-ASUS-3203.ROM

Firmware: Intel ME
Version: 8.0.2.1410
Release: Production
Type: Region, Extracted
FD: Unlocked
SKU: 1.5MB
VCN: 2
PV: Yes
Date: 07/02/2012
FITC Ver: 8.0.2.1410
Latest: No

Yes for firmware. Latest driver from this thread.

Tried flashing with FWUpdLcl64.exe and it spit out the following message:

A Intel(R) Series 6 Chipset hardware platform is detected
This program cannot be run on the current platform

Is there another way to flash?

As the error says, you are obviously using the wrong tool version. For ME8 you need to use the ME System Tools v8.

Intel MEI Driver v11.0.4.1186 MEI-Only Installer
Intel MEI Drivers & Software v11.0.4.1186 for Corporate systems

Note: The actual driver is 11.0.0.1181.

Note: The 11.0.4.1186 COR archive from Intel is currently corrupted, wait for some hours before downloading.

Thanks to Intel for the newer driver packages.

Here is version 11.5.0.1003

Intel_MEI_Driver_11.5.0.1003.zip (432 KB)

Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools (136)

Hey All,
I’ve got a q…
I’ve been modding several BIOS files, but have a question for you. At the moment, it is JUST the bios file, and no ME region from my understaing of the bios file. As such, I’ve modded the file and people are flashing it without problems via fpt.exe -f biosmod.bin -BIOS command. IF they use that the ME firmware isn’t being touched. IF that is the case, it shouldn’t matter WHAT ME firmware they are using, right?

Let me know if you can!

Thanks,
Swick

Using FPT is not recommended unless you want an exact replica of the firmware on all machines. For desktop it’s usually ok but for mobile, everyone will lose system specific info if FPT is used because it replaces the whole BIOS region.

What do you mean by that exactly? If we are talking about one specific system which will always have the same ME major branch then yes it’s ok. But for example, a 6-series system (ME7) which was updated later down the line to ME8, should not use a BIOS which came from a same system SPI image with ME7. That’s because the BIOS has certain "ME major version"-dependent modules. Another exception is only relevant to Corporate systems (5MB, COR) which need MEBx which is included in the BIOS and some newer ME might require an also updated MEBx module. I’m talking generally, some more info about the system and what you meant exactly is required.

UBU resp. the included ME Analyzer detects the Intel ME Firmware of the BIOS file, which is provided by the mainboard manufacturer. The tool is not able to detect the Intel ME Firmware, which is within the BIOS chip of your system.

Ah… That makes sense! Thank you!

Hello, I’m having a difficult need your help, but my English is very poor, I need the help of Google translate to communicate with you, please forgive me.
I have an iMac, Mac os does not run correctly after replacing the PCH, ME Firmware is learned from the Internet needs to be updated, would you help me?

Intel ME 10.0 Corporate 5MB Firmware v10.0.50.1004

Capture.PNG

Note: Version Control Number (VCN) was increased to 5. No downgrade via FWUpdate possible after updating.

Changelog:

Added SHA2 root certificate hashes to support Remote Configuration
Replaced all existing default SHA1 hashes with SHA256 hashes (for the same root certificates)
Fixed an issue where “Unspecified event” might be displayed instead of a general message regarding woken by alarm clock when a platform wakes via Intel AMT Alarm Clock.
Fixed Intel AMT Web UI security issue
Fixed an issue where the Host Name and Domain Name might be cleared instead of returning to factory defaults when performing Full Unprovision or Intel ME Unconfiguration after EOM.
Fixed possible corrupted playback of PAVP 2.0 or 3.0.

Thanks to Lenovo for the new firmware!

@ wuzhiwei11:

What exact model do you have from here? What do you mean “after replacing the PCH”? The BGA chip itself? In order to check the ME and possibly update/repair it, you need to use Windows and the appropriate tools based on major version.

Yes, that is the replacement of BGA

You didn’t answer my questions. More information is needed. As I said, I need the exact model of the system from the link above. What problems are you facing exactly? Did you replace the PCH with one from the same Apple model?

Due to translation software, you say I do not understand what it meant, you might feel the same way, I will try a more detailed description of my problem.
My computer is due to the malfunction does not boot PCH, PCH model is Z77, after replacing the new chip can boot up, but due to problems resulting from the entrance ME Mac OS, I have a backup EFI firmware, if you need to provide to you please and I said.
ME firmware inside: 8.0.4.1441

1) Yes attach the dumped SPI image. Did you make it with a programmer or a tool such as Flash Programming Tool?
2) What iMac model you do have exactly? For example: iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014). I want to be able to find it HERE.
3) Download ME System Tools v8 (section C) and run MEInfo and MEManuf tools under Windows (Command Prompt as Administrator) after having installed the latest MEI-Only Driver (section A). What do they report?

1. yes, I have SPI programming tools
    2) iMac13, 2 October 27, 2012 - inch
    3) the computer is not installed Windows, if you need I’ll try to install a now, but now can’t enter the Mac OS I don’t know can I install successful, have the result I will reply you again later.

So the Apple update is the "IM131_010A_B09" one which has this firmware inside:

Capture.PNG

We need to reflash the ME region. There are two options:

1) If you have a hardware programmer to flash the chip directly then attach me your full SPI dump. I will replace the ME region and then upload it for you to flash it back.
2) If you don’t have a hardware programmer then you can easily reflash just the ME region directly using Flash Programming Tool (FPT) from within Windows.

So how do you want to proceed? If you choose 1, remember to attach the SPI dump.

Try to install Windows without success, only to pass your firmware please help, thank you!

backups.rar (3.98 MB)