Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Intel MEI Driver v12.0.1115 (Windows 8 & Windows 10) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI Driver v12.0.1115 (Windows 7) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI v12.0.1124 for Corporate systems Drivers & Software

can you please be more specific ?/give me some information

hello i’m trying to edit a bios image(replace the me region) and i’m not sure what i’m doing wrong because ftic keeps crashing when i hit build image

this is the bios image and this is the me region i’m trying to β€œsplice in”: https://nofile.io/f/YxMUtXRwHZH/bios.rar

I have used Intel ME System Tools v9.1 r5 - (2018-03-30)

I’ve tried on 3 different pc with w10 w8.1 and w7

Yes this is a common issue when working with ME 9.0 & 9.1 firmware. Follow the Engine CleanUp Guide again and pay attention to the newly added instructions of Step 5 > 3rd bullet.

please don’t ignore me

@gihan

It would be easier to help you with more information about what problem you have with the BIOS update, also is it ME related?

let me know what information you guys need ,please

thanks bro it worked really appreciate !!! you’re a genius!!!

i have updated my bios A12 > A13 using C method but after that i ,cannot updated my bios using official website bios A15 version

If you want to try it the same way, but need the files, I put the contents of the extracted β€œ7537A15.exe” on mediafire.

Please note that I take no responsibility if something should go wrong.

This is my first time dealing with updating Intel ME so sorry about the mountain of text and questions in advance.

I have a dell Vostro 270 that I just updated to latest bios that included the update for CPU microcode to address CVE-2017-5715 and and checked to see if the Me got updated and notice that the computer still has a very old version of Intel ME 8. I went looking for how to update it and found this form thread .

Some info on the motherboard from CPU-Z Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09, Southbridge Intel P75/B75 rev. 04

From what I am able to understand so far is that my computer uses Intel ME version 8.1.40.1416 and that it uses the Corporate versions and not the Consumer version and the windows 10 Driver is Version 11.0.5.1189 . From what I understand Intel ME 8 5MB Firmware v8.1.72.3002 is what I should update to.

Do I have to do anything else with my setup like clean it up or can I just flash it as it is ?
If there is anything else let me know .

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ ME Analyzer v1.51.0 r120 β•‘
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ MSK-A12.BIN (1/1) β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Family β”‚ ME β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Version β”‚ 8.1.40.1416 β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Release β”‚ Production β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Type β”‚ Region, Extracted β•‘
β•‘ Firmware SKU β”‚ 5MB β•‘
β•‘ Security Version Number β”‚ 1 β•‘
β•‘ Version Control Number β”‚ 2 β•‘
β•‘ Production Version β”‚ Yes β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Date β”‚ 2013-05-13 β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Size β”‚ 0x4A4000 β•‘
β•‘ Flash Image Tool Version β”‚ 8.1.40.1416 β•‘
β•‘ Chipset Support β”‚ CPT/PBG/PPT β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Latest β”‚ No β•‘
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•§β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Press enter to exit

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 8.1.56.1541
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

GBE Region does not exist.
Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version: A12
MEBx Version: 8.0.0.0069
Gbe Version: Unknown
VendorID: 8086
PCH Version: 4
FW Version: 8.1.40.1416
UNS Version: Not Available
LMS Version: Not Available
MEI Driver Version: 11.0.5.1189
Wireless Hardware Version: Not Available
Wireless Driver Version: Not Available

FW Capabilities: 0x01111C60

Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED

Level III Manageability Upgrade State: Upgrade Capable
CPU Upgrade State: Not Upgradable
Cryptography Support: Disabled
Last ME reset reason: Power up
Local FWUpdate: Enabled
BIOS Config Lock: Enabled
Host Read Access to ME: Disabled
Host Write Access to ME: Disabled
SPI Flash ID #1: C22017
SPI Flash ID VSCC #1: 20052005
SPI Flash BIOS VSCC: 20052005
BIOS boot State: Post Boot
OEM Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Link Status: Link down
MAC Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00
IPv4 Address: 0.0.0.0
Capability Licensing Service: Enabled
Capability Licensing Service Status: Permit info not available
OEM Tag: 0x00000000
Wireless Micro-code Mismatch: No
Wireless Micro-code ID in Firmware: 0x0082
Wireless LAN in Firmware: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6205
Wireless Hardware ID: No Intel WLAN card installed
Wireless LAN Hardware: No Intel WLAN card installed
Localized Language: English
Independent Firmware Recovery: Disabled

I have the latest bios for my motherboard & latest firmware 11.11.50.1466

i have in control panel 11.7.0.1065 intel management engine components

and in device manager intel management engine interface 11.7.0.1057

and now i want to use this new drivers should i do this :

MEI 12.0.1102 WHQL and after manual update ME120115

is this ok or should i stay to 11.7.0.1065 and only update ME120115?

x299 chipset

but what about this :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…?product=122941

?

@ jonjongx:

Correct, nothing more to do other than FWUpdate.

@ MirceaForce:

The first post’s Section A indicates clearly what should be done.

and now i want to use this new drivers should i do this :

MEI 12.0.1102 WHQL and after manual update ME120115

it’s ok like this ?

p.s how come intel don’t publish their driver on the website ?

C:\bios\FWUpdate\Local-Win64>FWUpdLcl64 -f 8.1.72.3002_5MB_PRD_RGN.bin

Intel (R) Firmware Update Utility Version: 8.1.72.3002
Copyright (C) 2007 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Communication Mode: MEI
Checking firmware parameters…

Warning: Do not exit the process or power off the machine before the firmware update process ends.
Sending the update image to FW for verification: [ COMPLETE ]

FW Update: [ 100% (Stage: 19 of 19) (|)]
FW Update is complete and a reboot will run the new FW.

C:\bios\FWUpdate\Local-Win64>

I check on my end and everything looks good . Thanks for the help !

For my Dell XPS 8500 / Vostro 470 with the latest bios, I have ME FW Version 8.1.2.1318 Consumer.

Is there anything else I have to do before I use FWUpdate to update to 8.1.70.1590_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin or do I just jump straight to flashing like I did on my Vostro 270 ?

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ ME Analyzer v1.51.0 r120 β•‘
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

╔═════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ A13.EXE (1/1) β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Family β”‚ ME β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Version β”‚ 8.1.2.1318 β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Firmware Release β”‚ Production β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Type β”‚ Region, Stock β•‘
β•‘ Firmware SKU β”‚ 1.5MB β•‘
β•‘ Security Version Number β”‚ 1 β•‘
β•‘ Version Control Number β”‚ 2 β•‘
β•‘ Production Version β”‚ Yes β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Date β”‚ 2012-09-06 β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Size β”‚ 0x17D000 β•‘
β•‘ Chipset Support β”‚ CPT/PBG/PPT β•‘
β•‘ Firmware Latest β”‚ No β•‘
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•§β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Press enter to exit

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 8.1.56.1541
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

GBE Region does not exist.
Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version: A13
MEBx Version: 0.0.0.0000
Gbe Version: Unknown
VendorID: 8086
PCH Version: 4
FW Version: 8.1.2.1318
UNS Version: Not Available
LMS Version: Not Available
MEI Driver Version: 11.0.5.1189
Wireless Hardware Version: Not Available
Wireless Driver Version: Not Available

FW Capabilities: 0x01111C40

Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED

CPU Upgrade State: Not Upgradable
Cryptography Support: Disabled
Last ME reset reason: Power up
Local FWUpdate: Enabled
BIOS Config Lock: Enabled
Host Read Access to ME: Disabled
Host Write Access to ME: Disabled
SPI Flash ID #1: EF4016
SPI Flash ID VSCC #1: 20052005
SPI Flash BIOS VSCC: 20052005
BIOS boot State: Post Boot
OEM Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Capability Licensing Service: Enabled
Capability Licensing Service Status: Permit info not available
OEM Tag: 0x00000000
Localized Language: Unknown
Independent Firmware Recovery: Enabled

@jonjongx

the firmware v8.1.70.1590_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin is extracted from dirt…you will have to use the clean up guide: [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine CS(ME)/CS(TXE) Regions with Data Initialization , before…!

No, it’s always the same procedure. Use FWUpdate. Cleaning is not needed when the firmware is healthy.

Thanks , my update went good and my minor system delay I was having when getting ready to eject a USB drive has gone down alot.
Are all of the Intel ME 8, 7, 6, 5 you have listed here ready to flash using FWUpdate ?

No, it’s always the same procedure. Use FWUpdate. Cleaning is not needed when the firmware is healthy.

Hi,
sorry, you suggested yourself to me to use the clean up guide following this discussion post: > #3301 …anyway, if it’s works fine then Ok.

Obviously there was a problem.