Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

I have something newer for 1.5M, but users should decide on their own if they really want to flash such firmware.

Intel MEI Firmware 6.1.10.1052.rar (503 KB)

Hi. I have a big problem with my board Asrock X79 Extreme 11. Iā€™m going to format my pc and reinstall the driver but when I install the Intel Management Engine I have allways this problem:

Impossible to start up the device. Code 10

I try several time to format, reinstall the original bios (3.30 and 3.20) and some MEI driver (not the last 10.xxx) but I have the same resultā€¦

Where is the problem???

Thank you so much!

@ zanca.racing:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This is what I recommend to do:
1. Open the Device Manager, right click onto the yellow marked device and choose the option "Uninstall".
2. Reboot.
3. Reinstall the driverpack I am offering within the start post of this thread or let the OS search for a suitable driver.

Good luck!
Fernandoi

This is what I recommend to do:
1. Open the Device Manager, right click onto the yellow marked device and choose the option "Uninstall".
2. Reboot.
3. Reinstall the driverpack I am offering within the start post of this thread or let the OS search for a suitable driver.

Good luck!
Fernandoi

Ok but which is the correct driver for my system (X79 chipset)?

Is possibile to upgrade the intel management firmware? If yes which is the correct firmware??

Thank you so much!

You can easily verify, if the latest Intel MEI drivers v10.0.28.1000 WHQL (linked within the start post) do support the hardware of your X79 chipset mainboard:
Open the Device Manager, right click onto the related Controller and choose the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".
Now you can see the DeviceID of the Controller (it looks like "DEV_XXXX"). Then compare it with the DeviceIDs, which are supported by the driver (look into the start post of this thread).

You may be able to update the ME Firmware, but an ME Firmware update is not required for a proiper installation of trhe ME driver.
If you want to know the current Intel ME Firmware version of your system, you should run the MEInfo tool for ME8 series. You can find the tool within the start post of this thread.

I tried to see my MEI firmware and the system tell me this:

Two question: is possibile that the cpu make this error?

If is the motherboard, can I try to change the chip bios?

Thank you!

Bye!

You should not run the Intel METool from within the desktop.
Copy the MEInfo tool folder named Win64 to the root of your system drive C:, run the Command Prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder C:\Win64 and run MEInfoWin64.exe.
If this shouldnā€™t work either, you may try the MEInfo tool for ME7 systems.

Ok same error.

is it possible that the cpu is faulty?

And if the problem is the motherboard can I try to change the bios chip???

Did you try the MEInfo tool for ME7 systems as well?

I donā€™t think, that a hardware problem has caused the error message.
Questions:

1. What about the device, which is listed within the Device Manager as "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface"? Is it still not working? If yes, what have you tried to solve the problem?
  2. Have you ever tried to update the Intel ME Firmware? If yes, has it been successful?

Yes, if you should get an original BIOS chip for your mainboard.

Did you try the MEInfo tool for ME7 systems as well?

Yes I try MEInfo tool for ME7 and give me the same problem

Zitat von Fernando

I donā€™t think, that a hardware problem has caused the error message.
Questions:

1. What about the device, which is listed within the Device Manager as "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface"? Is it still not working? If yes, what have you tried to solve the problem?

I donā€™t know which device donā€™t work! The pc works perfectly! Only linx test donā€™t work even at default and I think that the problem is the Intel Management driver!

I try from DOS; I made a bootable pen and with the file that you tell me to download I try to upgrade but the result is the same error!!!

Zitat von Fernando

Yes, if you should get an original BIOS chip for your mainboard.

I can buy this:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/BIOS-Chip-ASROCK-ā€¦=item2ebdf7928e

EDIT by Fernando: Quoting structure reformatted

And what about this post?

Zitat von zanca.racing

I try from DOS; I made a bootable pen and with the file that you tell me to download I try to upgrade but the result is the same error!!!

I have neither recommended to update the Intel ME Firmware nor given you any link to a special Intel ME Firmware version.
My advice was to uninstall the yellow marked device from within the Device Manager, to reboot and to reinstall the Intel ME driver.
When you asked me, if it is possible to update the Intel ME Firmware, I answered: It is possible, but the first step is to check the currently working Intel ME Firmware. That is why I gave you the advice to run the Intel MEInfo tool.

And what about this post?

Zitat von zanca.racing

I have neither recommended to update the Intel ME Firmware nor given you any link to a special Intel ME Firmware version.
My advice was to uninstall the yellow marked device from within the Device Manager, to reboot and to reinstall the Intel ME driver.
When you asked me, if it is possible to update the Intel ME Firmware, I answered: It is possible, but the first step is to check the currently working Intel ME Firmware. That is why I gave you the advice to run the Intel MEInfo tool.

I already uninstall the yellow marked, reboot and install intel ME 10.0.28.1006 driver------> Same result!

Ok but if MEInfo tool donā€™t work? I think that all X79 motherboard can upgrade with the same ME firmware or not?

Can I try to change the bios chip???

Thank you!

I am not sure about that. Since you obviously unsuccessfully tried to flash a new Intel ME Firmware (maybe with a version, which is not compatible with your system), I suspect, that the Intel ME module, which is part of your mainboard BIOS, got broken.

You can try everything, but you have to make sure, that the BIOS chip is suitable for your mainboard.
Good luck!

@ all:

Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: Intel MEInfo Tool for ME10 systems v10.0.25.1048 dated 06/25/2014
  • new: Intel ME FWUpdate Tools for ME10 1.5M systems v10.0.25.1048 dated 06/25/2014
  • new: Intel ME Firmware for ME10 1.5M systems v10.0.25.1048 dated 06/25/2014

Credits go to StationDrivers for having published the source files.

Since I am rather unsure, which Intel systems may be able to use the new Intel MEI tools and the new Intel ME Firmware, any feedback is much appreciated.
By the way: The new Intel MEInfo tool for ME10 series worked with my Intel 8-Series mobile system:

Intel MEInfo for Surface 3.png

Enjoy the new Intel MEI tools and the new Intel ME Firmware!
Fernando

Probably is for mobileā€¦
X99 series (still) use 9.1.x.xxxx ME fw.

It is for mobile only, from FITC, Intel LP Chipsets:
Premium Mobile, Mainstream Mobile, Premium BDW U Mobile, Base BDW U Mobile & Premium BDW Y Mobile.

So for Broadwell, and it seems it may work with 9-series mobile and NUC that now have 9.5 FW (Premium & Mainstream Mobile), 9.5.x FW load without error in FITC, 9.1.x gives error.

@ pacman:
Thanks for your comment regarding the systems, which may be supported by the newest Intel ME10 tools and the new Intel ME Firmware v10.0.xx.xxxx.
Meanwhile I have added a link to your post to the start post of this thread.

@ all:
If anyone should try to flash the new Intel ME Firmware v10.0.xx.xxxx, please give us your feedback regarding the result, but donā€™t forget to mention the most important informations about your system (name of the mobile/desktop device, chipset, CPU generation).
Thanks in advance!

@Fernando

Have you kept any older 6 series ME tools (for ME v7 series)? Iā€™m looking mostly for the latest DOS & WIN counterparts of FWUpdLcl, MeManuf & MeInfo. Yes I have checked the first post of course. :wink:

@ plutomaniac:

Within the start post you can find the latest Intel MEInfo tool and the latest Firmware Updates for ME7 systems (1.5M/5M).
What are you missing?

I am looking for the DOS versions of FWUpdLcl, MeInfo & MeManuf. The pack includes the Windows-based tools, thatā€™s why I said that I saw the first topic.