Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Maybe Pacman knows the answer. Alternatively you may look into >this< thread.
AFAIK Intel ME9 and ME9.5 systems need a different ME Firmware from different version branches (v9.0 for Desktops, v9.5 for Mobile systems), but I am not able to verify it, because I don’t have any Intel 8-Series chipset system (neither Desktop nor Mobile).
On the other hand: If your system natively has an Intel ME Firmware v9.0, I would not try to upfate it to a v9.5.xx.xxxx version.

If Pacman can explain i will be happy… This is very simple for me… if i have 9.0.xx i should update with 9.0.xx not 9.5.xx ---- but i want to know WHY :smiley: :smiley: especially if the Modding Stars say that 9.5 is for mobile why Clevo apply another one in nb…

@skoczi
You should use 9.0.x FW, 9.5.x is for Intel LP chipset for ULT CPU, mobile and NUC.
9.0.x is for Desktop Z87, Q87, Q85, H87, B85, H81 and mobile QM87, HM87, HM86 and workstation C226.
Of course there is Always a risk in flashing any firmware, unless you know for sure you can recover if it goes wrong.

I really thank you… and Fernando should change information on first site in this thread…

EDIT by Fernando: Fully quoted start post deleted (to save space).

@ Pacman:
Thanks for the clarification regarding the ME9/ME9.5 affilation of the different Intel 8-Series Chipset systems.
Meanwhile I have put your explanation about the differences into the start post of this thread.

It’s already done. I hope, that it is correct now. I am sorry for the previously misleading text.

There was a demand in the Forum for a special Intel ME thread. Since I am not an expert regarding the Intel ME Interface details, I had publicly searched for someone else, who should start a thread about this topic("Wanted: Someone who starts an Intel ME thread"), but obviously nobody was willing to do it. That was the reason why I started this thread myself.

Everything is ok… the most important thing is that we know what is the right answer :smiley:

Weird file size ME.BIN - 1 335 296. Kind should be - 1 560 576.

Zitat von SoniX im Beitrag #32

Can you or somebody else post the link to the correctly sized file?

Zitat von Fernando im Beitrag #33
Zitat von SoniX im Beitrag #32

Can you or somebody else post the link to the correctly sized file?

It’s a dump.
Here is the search for Asus P8P67 revision 1.0 (B2)

I don’t see a link.

I don’t see a link.

I am looking for.

This ME 7.1.60.1193 is just for updating. The only place I could find it was an Intel BIOS, don’t know why they keep them so secret. Also, nothing about 7.1.70.1198 for consumer. I tried this 7.1.60.1193 on my brother’s laptop, but although successful, the ME firmware has stopped communicating with the driver (all 7.xx, 8.xx, 9.xx).

Before I revert to 7.1.52.1176, can someone comment on the compatibility between 8.1.51.1471 and HM65? I might give this one a try, if it is somewhat compatible.

And thank you, Fernando, for sharing your knowledge with us. I might bug you with some questions in the future.

Fernando,
i think have observed why we get Code Error 10 from time to time.
I can replicate the problem (it is an Intel bug) very easily.
You put your system in hibernation status for few minutes and then you get 100% the MEI problem when re alive the system.
The workaround which works without any driver uninstall procedure is to do a reboot and all MEI driver is working again as long as you never got the PC in hibernation state…
I do tests on my PC ASUS P8Z77-V DEluxe W7 x64 SP1 UEFI RAID 0.
Please can you confirm you get the same symptom on your side on your various PCs ?
Regards

If you are right, the best method to solve the problem would be to disable the hibernation function by running the command "powercfg.exe -h off".

I cannot test it, because I don’t have this issue.

I got the same error message with my HM76 notebook system running Win8.1 RTM.
This is the way I solved it:
1. Open the Device Manager, do a right click onto the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" and choose "Uninstall".
2. Let the device been uninstalled, bot don’t check the option "Uninstall driver software".
3. Reboot.

In your last post you said you have not seen the problem ?

I got the same error message with my HM76 notebook system running Win8.1 RTM.
This is the way I solved it:
1. Open the Device Manager, do a right click onto the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" and choose "Uninstall".
2. Let the device been uninstalled, bot don’t check the option "Uninstall driver software".
3. Reboot.

In your last post you said you have not seen the problem ?
Currently I don’t have any problem with the "Error Code 10" message. As far as I remember I have solved the issue I had with my HM76 notebook by installing another MEI driver (v9.5.14.1724 instead of v9.5.15.1730). I cannot test it, because this notebook is in Spain and I am in Germany now.

What "additional software" are you speaking of and why is it not necessary?

@ Oubadah:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What "additional software" are you speaking of and why is it not necessary?

Neither an installer nor additional software (like the ME info tool) is necessary to geht the Heci driver manually installed from within the Device Manager.

Merry Christmas!
Fernando

Yeah, but what does the additional software do and why wouldn’t you want to install it? Do you consider it unnecessary ‘bloatware’? (like when I install Intel RST drivers, I don’t install the full installer package - I extract just the drivers and install them manually via device manager so that it doesn’t install the extra service/bloat that I don’t need).

Yes, only the driver itself is needed (besides the Intel ME Firmware, but this "Software" has to be flashed and cannot be installed).