Intel (CS) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools for (CS)ME 16+

Possibly not, that’s the way ME updates are meant to be done.

I found some other bios dumps (both PRE and PRD) from the same machine model and extracted their ME region. Since when i use “FWUpdLcl64 -f ME.bin” i will certainly lost my GPU in device manager, so i want try to use “FPTW64 -me -f ME.bin” to update the ME and see what happens.

But the extracted ME from other dumps are initialized, is there a way to clean the v16.1 dump? In the guide seems to be only until v15 supported… Thanks in advance XD

Cleaning works the same way as for ME 15, but there’s no repository and you’ll have to find the tools.

any one method to disable me 16?
hap?

I think it also worth a try to update a Pre-Prod FW (v16 COR_LP_A) and see if it’ ll be working properly, only the Pre FWs are hard to find…I hope @plutomaniac may have some in the library? :slight_smile:

ME 18.0.5.2133 spotted

Hi,

Has anyone got a link for

16.1.30.2330 Corp H ?

https://fwupd.org/lvfs/devices/com.dell.uefib7d33140.firmware

Version 1.21 - unpack with DellPFSExtract - Run MFIT on the update file and take the CSME from the decomp folder

CSE ME 16.1.30.2330 Prod CorpH Unkn ADPRPP.bin.zip (5.6 MB)

CSE ME 16.1.32.2418 Prod CorpH Unkn ADPRPP.bin.zip (5.6 MB)

Hi all, maybe this is the wrong section for posting this.
Here is the problem I face. I dumped my PC’s (Dell Optiplex 7000SFF 12th gen processor) BIOS region with FPT and when I attempt to decompose it with MFIT (v16.1.25.2091) it throws below error.
Could anyone who has the knowledge clarify me about what is going on?
I can also share the dump if needed. Thanks in advance

================================================================
Intel (R) Modular Flash Image Tool. Version: 16.1.25.2091
Copyright (c) 2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
================================================================
Command Line: F:\BIOS\CSME_16.1_r0\MFIT\MFIT.exe

Start decompose 'F:/BIOS/CSME_16.1_r0/MFIT/Optiplex_BIOS_1.22.bin' image.
ERROR    : Decompose 'F:/BIOS/CSME_16.1_r0/MFIT/Optiplex_BIOS_1.22.bin' image failed.
           Details: Corrupted buffer detected.
Details: Could not find decompose metadata in image..

mFIT Log:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1892, in __call__
  File "gui\view\MainWindow.py", line 414, in show_log
  File "gui\view\Utility.py", line 102, in cross_os_open_text
  File "subprocess.py", line 858, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 1311, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

MFIT is a tool for the ME region (of a complete firmware image!).

I you used the terms correctly this would be a user error. If not, please be a little more specific.

EDIT Yes, that’s the same error I get when throwing a bios region on MFIT. As written this is expected behaviour.

I think you should dump the complete bios then decompose with MFIT, not only the bios region with “-bios” command.

Thanks for the hint. that’s right, from the comments above I learned that MFIT doesn’t decompose BIOS only files. Have to be ME only or BIOS+ME.
I ordered a programmer in order to fully dump those chips and do what I wanna do.

hi, @dannychen ,could you please re-upload these files?

16.0.15.1620_CON_H_A_PRD_RGN
16.0.15.1620_CON_H_A_PRE_RGN
16.0.15.1620_COR_H_A_PRD_RGN
16.0.15.1620_COR_H_X_PRE_RGN

hi @Anton35 ,could you please re-upload these files?

16.0.10.1394_CON_LP_A_PRE
16.0.10.1434_CON_LP_A_PRE

thanks!!!

CSE ME 16.1.32.2418 Prod ConsH Unkn ADP_RPP.bin.zip (1.7 MB)

Do you think it is safe to flash latest 16.1.32.2418 MEI firmware from Station Drivers on a Z790?
I nothice there is a FORCERESET switch in the command file.

It’s unclear whom you’re asking, but it might be considered polite to deliver at least a link when asking about a specific file?

Check your own ME composition, check the update file with MEA, compare firmware types, check the update command.
Be aware that for CSME >= 16 MEA might not check all IUPs, Thunderbolt firmware for example is not listed.

In conclusion updating ME firmware with a file not coming from your vendor for you specific machine is always unsafe.

1 firmware_5 – 2 Intel Management Engine Corporate Firmware Update v16.11.17.1782.bin.zip (3.6 MB)

Intel (R) Fishhawk Falls ?? (Dell update)

can you reupload please

16.50.12.1453_ATM_LP_A_PRD_EXTR.rar (2.3 MB)

FWUpdLcl64 & MEInfoWin64

(station-drivers.com)

1 Like