Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

Why do you think it is not working currently ? I thought it was working with all current drivers ?

KB

Hi,

officially Intel doesn’t support Trim in Raid 1, 10 or 5 with its RST drivers. Only supports Trim in Raid 0 with this drivers. I refer to the SSD’s that are members of a RAID array.

There is only full support for Trim in Raid mode With the RSTe drivers.

Hello Fernando,

my goal is to obtain trim support in Raid 1 with two SSD’s in an Asus Rampage V Extreme board.

I’ve been trying to mod this mainboard (X99 chipset), 2101 bios version, with the Intel RSTe Option ROM and EFI modules. I’ve tested several bios modded with the RSTe versions: 4.5 , 4.3 , 4.2 , 4.0 and 3.8 with no luck. The modded bios boot up without issues but there isn’t a Raid driver section in bios. There isn’t a RAID Option ROM screen with CSM activated and there isn’t a RAID EFI section in bios with CSM disabled.

I’ve used UEFITool v0.21.5 following the guide of this forum to mod this board.

Any sugestion? Thanks in advance.

Why do you think it is not working currently ? I thought it was working with all current drivers ?

KB

Hi,

officially Intel doesn’t support Trim in Raid 1, 10 or 5 with its RST drivers. Only supports Trim in Raid 0 with this drivers. I refer to the SSD’s that are members of a RAID array.

There is only full support for Trim in Raid mode With the RSTe drivers.

Thanks …you are right I was thinking Raid0 as I use it for Data Array’s and currently for 2-120gb SSD’s in Raid0 for the OS on an older machine.

KB

@nsb :
If you want, that your on-board Intel RST SATA RAID Controller (DeviceID DEV_2822) works with an Intel RSTe RAID ROM or EFI RaidDriver, which have been designed for DEV_2826, you have to use modified Intel RAID modules.

Hi,
Fernando, thanks for your reply.

Ok, I see, this makes perfect sense. I flashed a modded Bios with the IRST 14.8 OPROM and all worked fine since the first time, without issues and I used the same method than with the IRSTe OPROM’s.

Is it very difficult to modify this modules?, is it possible to learn to do it or to get it in this forum directly?

Many thanks.

It is not easy to modify any BIOS module in a way, that it will properly work with your Intel RAID system after having flashed the BIOS, which contains the modded Intel RAID ROM/EFI module.
If you tell me the Intel RSTe RAID ROM or EFI RaidDriver module version and model (for booting in LEGACY or EFI mode) you want, I will do the modification fo you (but not before mid November).
By the way: Your request has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and the related Sub-Forum named “Important Drivers”. If you have any further questions or reeplies regarding the Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules, please post them into the related “BIOS Modding” Sub-Forum.

Hi Fernando, Can you advise me which driver should I install for ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme? For this Intel RST Drivers X58 Chipset/ICH10R. Now i use ver.11.2.0.1006 from you. When i want use newer “Universal Intel RSTe Drivers+Software Set v11.7.4.1001 mod+signed by Fernando” so on Windows 7 software Samsung magician that can not handle non-original driver. So which should I use? Ths.

I was looking for from here: this site

Why haven’t you installed the Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v11.7.4.1001 WHQL from the start post of this thread? It is the last Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set, which fully supports systems with an Intel ICH10R Southbridge.

I´ll try . While ths.

hello,
I’ve created a new thread in the Bios Modding subforum with the topic: "A modified IRSTe RAID module for the Rampage V Extreme" to continue this conversation. If somebody wants to help I would appreciate it a lot.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Win8-10 Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v4.5.6.1004 WHQL dated 09/22/2016
  • refreshed: 32/64bit Win7 Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v4.5.0.1234 WHQL dated 11/20/2015 (freshly WHQL signed by Microsoft in December 2015)
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v4.5.6.1007 dated 09/28/2016 (containing the above listed AHCI/RAID drivers v4.5.0.1234 and v4.5.6.1004 WHQL)

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with the related Windows Operating Systems. The Installer of the complete Set can be run with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel C600/C600+ Series Chipsets like X79 and X99 are natively supported by these drivers.
  3. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new resp. refreshed Intel RSTe drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v4.5.6.1004 WHQL works fine on Sabertooth X99.

So if one has an X79 mainboard (Gigabyte GA-X79-UD7 to be exact) with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which SATA / AHCI driver set is the best right now ?

I did download the new set (4.5.0.1234) but i was surprised to record inferior performance compared to the official 13.1.0.1058.

Thanks in advance.

Intel Rapid storage technology 15.2.1.1028 WHQL

DriverVer=09/26/2016, 15.2.1.1028

This platform is not supported…

@TheStranger :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

As you can see within the start post of >this< thread, I recommend to take the Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v13.1.0.1058.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Damn, i was hoping for something newer and better than a 2014 driver to be honest with you :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted post removed (to save space)

@ all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:
- new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.2.1.1028 WHQL dated 09/26/2016
- new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.2.1.1028 dated 10/07/2016

Notes:

• These AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  • Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets and Systems with an Intel Skylake CPU are natively supported by these drivers.
  • Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Enjoy these Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando

The newest drivers are not automaticly the best, especially not with old hardware.

Oh i know, upgrading to a X99 soon but i’m waiting for better USB 3.1 implementations and why not even native Thunderbolt 3 in more models.

I did reinstall the 13.1.0.1058 but i’m actually getting slightly worse performance now, any chance something got “broken” while experimenting with the other drivers ?