Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

@vinvin33 : You will probably get a warning message from the Disk Management while starting or rebooting the OS, if one of the RAID array members is faulty or the array has been degraded.

ok, thanks a lot for your help.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise & VROC Drivers Version 8.0.0 WHQL

Are we likely to get new BIOS modules for X299 or will this new driver family be for the upcoming workstation motherboards supporting generation 12 Intel workstation CPUs?

@nosirrahx :

I suspect, that it is the latter option.

Intel Virtual RAID on CPU 7.7.0.1273

Newer than 8.0.0.2598 (drivers, not the GUI).

iaStorB, iaStorE, iaVROC 09/30/2021 (>09/03/2021)

For my z97 system i use the latest 13 branch drivers @Fernando . Is there a reason that you don’t list them?

DriverVer=02/25/2015,13.6.3.1001
theese drivers are the last that support the Dynamic Storage Accelerator.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.ph…HQL/lang,en-gb/

@boombastik

I guess it’s because when a newer version is released, Fernando doesn’t look to see what features are no longer supported by Intel. I wouldn’t either…

And your latest drivers: [email protected], [email protected]

True, you didn’t ask and you didn’t ask for it. :slight_smile:

intel.rar (2.91 MB)

For all the other branches they are the last versions.
Also [email protected] dont support dynamic storage as they dropped it with x99 platform.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST-VMD) Version 19.2.0.1003 WHQL

Only [email protected]

[email protected] (1.27 MB)

@westlake :
Thanks for the link.
Since I don’t have access to any PC or notebook, I am currently not able to update the start post. I will do it asap.

Good evening!
I’m not sure if this has alread been answered…

I got a new Intel Z690 based board and are only having 2 devices attached (1 SATA SSD and 1 bd drive)
In BIOS I configured it as used as AHCI only - but I can’t find any drivers for this controller, which was always present on Z490/Z590 boards…

DeviceID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7AE2&SUBSYS_B0051458&REV_11\3&11583659&0&B8

Looked already through all different driverpacks from the V19 branch… but did not find anything yet

Thanks for your help!
Sebastian

@tecklord

Very interesting. According to Google search, no such ID exists. Moreover, I collect the drivers and I can’t find a driver for it either. By the way, is this an unknown item in the Device Manager?

Indeed… i did take a look a bit last night, no relevant information, except… bingo!

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/648364/view

7ae2.png

But i really didn’t found any INF that reported exactly like this device ID

@tecklord
Since I am travelling right now, I will look for a suitable driver besides the generic MS in-box storahci.sys after having come home tomorrow.

@westlake
Hi!
No there is nothing missing or does behave strange - it’s simply that there is no suitable driver for the AHCI mode on series 600 (at least nothing I can find…)
Thanks

Edit by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing to the author (to save space)

Changelog of the start post:

• new:
    • 64bit Intel RSTe VROC SATA/sSATA RAID Drivers v7.7.0.1260 for Win8-11 x64 dated 09/30/2021
    • 64bit Intel RSTe VROC NVMe RAID Drivers v7.7.0.1260 WHQL for Win8-11 x64 dated 09/30/2021
    • Intel VROC+NVMe+RAID Drivers & Software Set v7.7.0.1273 for Win8-10 x64 dated 10/22/2021
    • 64bit Intel RST VMD driver v19.2.01003 WHQL for Win10-11 x64 dated 11/21/2021

Thanks to westlake for the links.

@tecklord
Hello Sebastian,
according to my big driver archive Intel has not yet released any AHCI driver for your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_7AE2.
So you will have to use the generic in-box MS AHCI driver (only valid for Win7-11), but this is anyway a very good choice.
Good luck!

HY,
any working intel rst AHCI driver win7 z370 chipset ?
installed v15 version working fine but after wake up sleep always freezing windows
after uninstall intel rst not any problem

@sxp : Intel has designed all their latest RST drivers for modern Windows Operating Systems.
Why don’t you use the Win7 in-box MS AHCI driver?